Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 78
  1. #16
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    Do we know if its going to be its own entity not connected to the Green Lantern series or anything other than the Flash film spinoff?

  2. #17
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    10,651

    Default

    Idk if it'll connect to GL but I'd at least like Superman to show up.

  3. #18
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Do we know if its going to be its own entity not connected to the Green Lantern series or anything other than the Flash film spinoff?
    Well, it's tangentially connected to whatever constitutes the current DC Film Continuity.

  4. #19
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kidfresh512 View Post
    Do we know if its going to be its own entity not connected to the Green Lantern series or anything other than the Flash film spinoff?
    I don't know if it'll "connect" (I personally hope not, but to each their own) but it will be set in the same universe.

  5. #20
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Idk if it'll connect to GL but I'd at least like Superman to show up.
    Superman won't show up - Cavill is done with the DCEU, whether he likes it or not, and WB's film division is all set to reboot Superman out of universe, and HBO Max is doing Val-Zod. So, Supergirl is kind of DCEU's new Superman replacement, to give it a Super without having Cavill's Superman present any longer.

  6. #21
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    10,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Superman won't show up - Cavill is done with the DCEU, whether he likes it or not, and WB's film division is all set to reboot Superman out of universe, and HBO Max is doing Val-Zod. So, Supergirl is kind of DCEU's new Superman replacement, to give it a Super without having Cavill's Superman present any longer.
    It could be a different Superman actor. Idk why she has to be a replacement. But DC seems to not still totally get the whole shared universe

  7. #22
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    It could be a different Superman actor. Idk why she has to be a replacement. But DC seems to not still totally get the whole shared universe
    I think they're afraid that having an actor replace Cavill as Superman will confuse people, compete with their Superman reboot, and give the #restorethesnyderverse folks more hope to keep tweeting away (since Cavill's "their Superman"). So I think it's less a shared universe and more a combination of those factors. Batman's kind of getting a pass since rumor is Affleck's Flash appearance is his final "swan song" as Batman so he won't be competing with the Pattinson version going forward, and (shameful ageist thinking that it is) Keaton's Batman is too old to lead a film so also can't compete with the reboot while also giving the Synderverse crowd no ammo. Honestly Superman in the DCEU would have a greater chance if Reeve were still alive to replace Cavill's Superman ala Keaton.

  8. #23
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Superman won't show up - Cavill is done with the DCEU, whether he likes it or not, and WB's film division is all set to reboot Superman out of universe, and HBO Max is doing Val-Zod. So, Supergirl is kind of DCEU's new Superman replacement, to give it a Super without having Cavill's Superman present any longer.
    She's even taking Flashpoint Superman's story in the Flash movie.

  9. #24
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9,979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    She's even taking Flashpoint Superman's story in the Flash movie.
    Which is further evidence I think she's meant to replace DCEU's Superman - otherwise, why not have an alternate universe Cavill Superman? Because you can't replace Cavill with Cavill. Supergirl won't be sharing time with Superman, because WB doesn't want a DCEU Superman right now - they'd want to recast and move on from Cavill, but probably don't see a need to bother since the solo Superman films are going to be a reboot in another universe anyways and recasting in the DCEU would just cause another uproar by the Snyderverse camp.

    The only way to see Superman and Supergirl share a screen right now is these 3 possibilities:
    1. Shazam style tease where we don't see Supes' face.
    2. Val Zod's the Superman. Possible, both shows are on HBO Max. However, Val Zod is kind of like the SnyderCut - a decision made by the HBO Max division, not the film/DCEU division. WB right now seems to be comprised of warring factions. Two factions may be doing DC content to air on their streaming service, but they don't seem to get along right now. So limits the odds of them interacting.
    3. Reboot racebent Superman. Basically, another multiverse joint like the film introducing Supergirl. Possible, but it's way to early to speculate - they're not even casting for that Superman reboot yet, so it's too early to ponder if they'll have it crossover into the DCEU any in a future film. Personally I'd hope not, kind of prefer the multiverse stuff largely remains separate, but who knows?

    And that's about it right now as far as I can speculate.

  10. #25
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I hope this Supergirl show does better than the CW one. There's nowhere to go but up
    I am still surprised people put so much faith in a CW show and then their faith get crushed when the show turns out disappointing in the long run.

    CW is not a channel for quality. Everything about CW from the writing, casting and production value all comes cheap, so the end result is always a down turn. we should never judged CW shows on any high artistic level.

    The worst thing that ever happened around the late 90s or early 2000s was WB going down under and we getting CW.

    I have no doubt that a HBO show even on default should be light years up compared to a CW show and this is why for DC it is better that not every TV or movie they make is connected to eachother
    Last edited by Castle; 09-27-2021 at 07:56 AM.

  11. #26
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    73,340

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Which is further evidence I think she's meant to replace DCEU's Superman - otherwise, why not have an alternate universe Cavill Superman? Because you can't replace Cavill with Cavill. Supergirl won't be sharing time with Superman, because WB doesn't want a DCEU Superman right now - they'd want to recast and move on from Cavill, but probably don't see a need to bother since the solo Superman films are going to be a reboot in another universe anyways and recasting in the DCEU would just cause another uproar by the Snyderverse camp.

    The only way to see Superman and Supergirl share a screen right now is these 3 possibilities:
    1. Shazam style tease where we don't see Supes' face.
    2. Val Zod's the Superman. Possible, both shows are on HBO Max. However, Val Zod is kind of like the SnyderCut - a decision made by the HBO Max division, not the film/DCEU division. WB right now seems to be comprised of warring factions. Two factions may be doing DC content to air on their streaming service, but they don't seem to get along right now. So limits the odds of them interacting.
    3. Reboot racebent Superman. Basically, another multiverse joint like the film introducing Supergirl. Possible, but it's way to early to speculate - they're not even casting for that Superman reboot yet, so it's too early to ponder if they'll have it crossover into the DCEU any in a future film. Personally I'd hope not, kind of prefer the multiverse stuff largely remains separate, but who knows?

    And that's about it right now as far as I can speculate.
    Well, there's rumors Cavill might be in The Flash movie but otherwise they're version of Supergirl almost seems like a complete gender-flip of Superman, even moreso than people generally consider Supergirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I am still surprised people put so much faith in a CW show and then their faith get crushed when the show turns out disappointing in the long run.

    CW is not a channel for quality. Everything about CW from the writing, casting and production value all comes cheap, so the end result is always a down turn. we should never judged CW shows on any high artistic level.

    The worst thing that ever happened around the late 90s or early 2000s was WB going done under and we getting CW.

    I have no doubt that a HBO show even on default should be light years up compared to a CW show and this is why for DC it is better that not every TV or movie they make is connected to eachother
    Melissa Benoist was a great Supergirl.

  12. #27
    Astonishing Member Captain Craig's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    4,205

    Default

    I have zero interest for this until I see more of this version of Supergirl.

    My mindset right now is "too soon".
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

  13. #28
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, there's rumors Cavill might be in The Flash movie but otherwise they're version of Supergirl almost seems like a complete gender-flip of Superman, even moreso than people generally consider Supergirl.

    Melissa Benoist was a great Supergirl.
    I have no doubt that she was but it is not her herself, it is her show been under the CW system that is the issue.

  14. #29
    Ultimate Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    10,651

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think they're afraid that having an actor replace Cavill as Superman will confuse people, compete with their Superman reboot, and give the #restorethesnyderverse folks more hope to keep tweeting away (since Cavill's "their Superman"). So I think it's less a shared universe and more a combination of those factors. Batman's kind of getting a pass since rumor is Affleck's Flash appearance is his final "swan song" as Batman so he won't be competing with the Pattinson version going forward, and (shameful ageist thinking that it is) Keaton's Batman is too old to lead a film so also can't compete with the reboot while also giving the Synderverse crowd no ammo. Honestly Superman in the DCEU would have a greater chance if Reeve were still alive to replace Cavill's Superman ala Keaton.
    That's a weird way to think about it but is probably true. I just think it would be ideal if the DCEU could actually build up the Kryptonian/Super-side with all the major players. I know it's not always fair to compare this to Marvel but we're getting different generations of related heroes in various projects and I'd like to see something like that in the DCEU.

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I have zero interest for this until I see more of this version of Supergirl.

    My mindset right now is "too soon".
    It's too early for me to even have no interest. It could be good, bad or in between but I can't be sure. But it's the only 'Super-character' we seem to be getting in the upcoming DCEU so far
    Last edited by CosmiComic; 09-27-2021 at 07:46 AM.

  15. #30
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    2,686

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    I have zero interest for this until I see more of this version of Supergirl.

    My mindset right now is "too soon".
    hmmm, I wonder if this could be a sign for a general comic book adaption fatigue. Usually way back when, any news of a movie gets people excited or at least curious but this may be changing because we have so many comic book films and tv shows now that are almost all the same or following a formula. we subconsciously don't know we are getting fatigued of them all.

    DC also announced a Bat girl film like 3-4 years ago, has the film even gone into pre-production yet.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •