Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Anybody else read JL8?

Just asking. Its a comic strip series that takes a "what if" approach to the Justice League if they were 8 years old, and went to school together. Bruce and Clark are best friends, Hal and Barry are too, tag is avoided because of Clark and Barry zooming all over the place, Diana and Karen Starr roll their eyes at the boys' sometimes immaturity...

http://jl8comic.tumblr.com/post/1337...aracters-in-dc

BANNED

I've read it. It's very enjoyable. My favorite storyline was Diana's birthday party.

BANNED

JL8 is excellent. It's not just a cute little strip, there's an actual storyline, and it's filled with DC lore. Great series. Alan Scott as the boy scout counselor was my one of my favorite moments

BANNED

Read it and love it.

I love it. DC should option that guys comic as a trade.

I've been a fan since I read it for the first time years ago. It had another name that I can't remember
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I love it. I stayed up all night reading it in one go. I am behind though. Last place I left off was Clark meeting Lois.

So freaking great! Once I started it I couldn't stop until I'd reached the latest episode. I wish there were already more to read!

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Big fan, though I wish I had a better sense of the update schedule. Huge fan of the birthday party arc, the Karen/Bruce date arc, and the current Clark/Lois arc.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

I did not know about it! Its awesome! Thanks for informing me about it.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 10-30-2017 at 12:14 PM.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

It's great. I've fallen behind again though, as I prefer to read a whole bunch of strips in a row than wait for each installment with the less than consistent release schedule,
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Read it and LOVE it. Always wait anxiously for the next installment.

Peace

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Absolutely enjoying JL8!! The artwork is smooth, polished, and dead-on, the dialogue the same. And the humor--just right! Hope everyone finds this and enjoys it.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

I just went and checked it out. How cool!!!! I like it.
    I've read the first 10.
    How many strips are there?

Any chance of it being printed into book form?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl70 View Post
    I just went and checked it out. How cool!!!! I like it.
    I've read the first 10.
    How many strips are there?

Any chance of it being printed into book form?
    Something like 250 though a few of the strips are multiple parts so really it's more like 270. Still, it's hard to read the first one and not read all the way to the end. It's really addictive.