Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast

Default S.W.O.R.D. #6 Review/Spoiler Thread - A Queen and a Witch

It opens with Cap America outside after the fireworks. Guests are leaving amazed at what they saw. Gyrich considers the X-men part of a rogue nation. He wants to introduce James Hudson to Orchis. Doom finds Steve and they talk about being the face of their nations. Steve talks about watching Mars be colonized from the sidelines. He's not afraid but thought they'd all look for a better tomorrow together. Doom says there will be a time when Steve will need his help and wont make a gala performance out of it

On S.W.O.R.D. Brand talks to a bunch of space representatives about terraforming Mars. There are objections and concerns. Brand and Wiz Kid tells them they have mysterium, a meta-material that only Earth mutants can create. It functions like metal that has the strength of secondary adamantium. It conducts electricity at 100% efficiency and barely conducts heat and is radiation proof. She offers to give the council 100 tons. Nova sees this as a bribe and Brand tells them that they made a similar deal on Earth. She declares Planet Arakko the capital planet of the Sol System

Doom interrupts and challenges her claim bc Earth is divided. He wants to know who is the king of Sol and Storm reveals herself as its Regent

On Mykines, Magneto is greeted by Wanda. She got an invite. She says the Pretender cant sit at the feast after what she did. He tells her of Anya. She tells him that she isnt really his child but he says sometimes what is real is not the same as what is true and it takes 2 to pretend. He reaffirms that she is his daughter

After that ending, I hope this thread doesnt get shut down....lol
    Last edited by Havok83; 06-23-2021 at 07:03 AM.

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

He wouldn’t dare.

Breathtaking art! The Hadari Yao has arrived and I'm thrilled!

Paibok's letter is great:
    "Earth itself has yet to respond in a unified fashion, but - begging your highness' pardon - we can hardly expect them to start now."

This displays another reason why Mars was needed. The Sol system, as we know, is barely taken seriously because of how divided Earth always is. This changes the Sol system's status in the galactic society and we have the mutants to thank.

I also loved when Orbis said, "Humanity is obviously capable of far more than I had previously considered." Humanity. Human and mutant.

I'm indifferent about Wanda but I was touched by her scene with Erik. Obviously Exodus and many others do not agree with Erik and that's the nuance I'm here for and I hope it's what the Trial is about.
    Last edited by JB; 06-23-2021 at 07:18 AM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

This has been like throwing a barrel of powder into a fireworks factory.

I loved it. Doom is envious as hell of being overshadowed. He can't stand not being the top dog.

This was just what i needed. I mean Ewing is continuing to fire on all cyclinders. I highly recommend picking up Guardians and Gamma Flight as well. How he juggles so many books so well is just a feat in of itself. perfect score from me on this one.

And did you see the look on those two councel members face when the Goddess appeared. Their faces were flat but when she came in all her glory you could see the awe and wonder. "She who swims with the Acanti! Hadario Yao" i was like. "yassss girl, yess!1 tell them butterfly...uh storm, let them know!" lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-23-2021 at 07:08 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Is Magneto being sincere or is this all a ploy to gain favor with the Kree-Skull Empire? The book mentioned they're wary of making an alliance with Krakoa because of the vendetta mutants have against Wanda.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Is Magneto being sincere or is this all a ploy to gain favor with the Kree-Skull Empire? The book mentioned they're wary of making an alliance with Krakoa because of the vendetta mutants have against Wanda.
    I think he knows wanda is his kid and in very magneto fashion he wanted to make amends with her now so she didn't have any resentment later when everything hit the fan. But thats just my spec. Either way he is sincere now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Well the whole "Sword doesn't necessarily work for Krakoa" thing was interesting while it lasted.

Weird that the Guardians issue had more of the mutant/human building bridges idea than this issue, actually part of the gala and by the same writer, did

When I saw Mags with Wanda in Way Of X I thought "well, there's about 30 pages of nothing arguments on CBR", and then I read this one and immediately revised that number up by at least one trailing zero.

Mighty Member

Yeah Storm looked badass but in a battle between her and Doom; honestly my money is on Doom, all day every day.

Great issue. Ewing is a fantastic writer would be a shame if this serie gets canceled.

And doom should stfu wasn’t he enslaving mutants in the ff/xmen mini?

Honestly loved the issue but I know after that ending the fireworks from Planet Arrako aren't going to hold a candle to this thread. Time to get the popcorn ready.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Oh. My. Goddess!!! Frenzy!!!!

Yeah, kick Earth-rocks, Doomsy...Go back to tending Latveria and your sheep. We might call on you, if we need to tell you something important.

Frenzyyyy!!!

Another 100/10 and 5 Galaxies of Stars. Perfection!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

I saw a spoiler on Reddit…I came here and brought all the popcorn.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Yeah Storm looked badass but in a battle between her and Doom; honestly my money is on Doom, all day every day.
    Hear, hear