To me sometimes I feel DC wants us to see Wonder Woman as a big deal, but they don’t actually want to put in the effort to make her a big deal. Her power and what she can do is all over the map, her supporting cast is small and under developed and her villains don’t seem to have any direction either.

Look at Green Lantern and Flash ( not even getting into Batman and Superman. They are on another level). Those characters, like Diana are the faces of the DCU. But those characters have clear cut directions. GL is the DCU’s main space “cosmic” book, and that moniker allows the franchise to soldier through even when individual characters in the franchise go through a rough patch. Same goes for the Flash. But when you come to Diana I feel that every character is defined by lack of direction. Her strongest theme is probably myth ( she is a character spawned from myth and three of her top five main villains are myth based) but then you have a rather strange sprinkling of spy/military/ government espionage elements in her franchise to.