Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    BANNED

ww has no known villains, superman or batman level b or even c villains are as well known as Cheetah. The comcis even today is a man's thing, ww and its universe ridicule men (it has no male character of value) or turns one of the male symbols (Heracles) into a monster, being a feminist character in a world of mostly immature men has its consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by NaVi View Post
    ww has no known villains, superman or batman level b or even c villains are as well known as Cheetah. The comcis even today is a man's thing, ww and its universe ridicule men (it has no male character of value) or turns one of the male symbols (Heracles) into a monster, being a feminist character in a world of mostly immature men has its consequences.
    This is completely inaccurate.

Astonishing Member

Disagree strongly, Steve Trevor might not be as popular as Lois Lane or other love interests for major heroes, but I wouldn't call him a 'character of no value'.

Incredible Member

This is complete malarkey. Even if the nonsense you posted were true, so?

I wonder what WW stories you've actually read though, because this doesn't seem to be written by someone that actually knows the character. You can prove me wrong of course by telling me what stories you read and explaining how they demonstrate your assertions.
    Last edited by Alpha; 09-27-2021 at 09:22 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Nah bro, the only villain there that has appeared in various cartoons is absorbing man. Enchantress and Executioner have appeared in 2 I think, Superhero Squad and Avengers Emh, plus that Hulk vs movie. But by that count Giganta, Ares, and Baroness Paula would have the same amount of prominence.
    I thought we were talking about the comics

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I thought we were talking about the comics
    I was originally responding the claim that "WW villains are less known than Thor villains" so I assumed that this was about people in general. Not just comics.

Mighty Member

How did you manage to write not even a single correct statement in that?
    Last edited by Rightoya; 09-27-2021 at 11:49 AM.

Mighty Member

And to the thread, Wonder Woman's villains should be a bigger deal and many of them should be more well known, but the goal should be definitively not just the prominence of Thor villains, because except for Loki and Hela after the movies are most of his villains still rather obscure.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I was originally responding the claim that "WW villains are less known than Thor villains" so I assumed that this was about people in general. Not just comics.
    Oh, ok. I wasn't sure about the context.

In the comics, I'd say Thor's villains are relatively more well known. Less so for adaptations

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Wonder Woman's Rogues Gallery is one of the best actually. Unfortunately, it's also one of the most underutilized.
    Quoted for truth.

I look forward to DC introducing a Wonder Woman adversary name “Man’s Thing.”

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I look forward to DC introducing a Wonder Woman adversary name “Man’s Thing.”
    Oh the possibilities...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

I've always found the whole supervillains list showing you are a serious superhero rather silly.
    All a supervillain is deep down is a problem to be overcome. Let's be real here it isn't some
    athletic competition where the villain has a real chance of winning. It is the cosmic struggle
    between good and evil, where good triumphs in the end.

The bashing of Wonder Woman which goes on frequently because she doesn't have "serious"
    villains is frankly ridiculous. She is Wonder Woman, one of the more important heroes in the
    pantheon of American comics literature.

I will also personally say that this whole thing about the trinity is overdrawn. What do the
    rankings of these lists mean anyway? The joy is supposed to be enjoying these heroes. Not
    running around talking about the trinity, "the big 7" or some other ridiculous combination. I'm a
    JSA fan, most of DC fandom wouldn't consider most of them iconic, but so what I love them anyway.
    They are iconic to me. There was the same debate not that long ago about whether the Justice
    League had challenging enough foes. It just gets tiresome. Oh, and if someone wants to bring up
    Superman. I would respectfully suggest that Lex Luthor isn't what makes Superman great. It is
    Superman just being well Superman. In much the same way what makes Wonder Woman great is not the
    villains, but the values that she represents. But that is a subject for a different post.
    Last edited by RobinGA; 09-30-2021 at 11:31 AM.