Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Really excited by the news ! Cannot wait to see what he does in this era !
    Also sad to see Wells go, hoping Williams get another title I really enjoyed X-Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm equally excited and worried.
    I really liked his Extinction team BUT everything I've seen from what he had planned to do had he stayed longer sounded awful.
    Is there anywhere to find those plans?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Is there anywhere to find those plans?
    Probably this :
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/kier...d-write-x-men/

I dislike those ideas, BUT I think he would have make it interesting at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Probably this :

That Schism stuff sounds horrendous.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

It definitely says he doesn’t understand Scott. Weak is not a word that would ever suit him. Hopefully he doesn’t ever write him with that perspective.

Unit returning is the more likely outcome of his return since no one else has touched it. His Sinister has lived on, but nothing else really, so I hope he doesn’t go back ten years and instead works in the current landscape.

He wasn’t saying Scott was weak. In his version Scott wins the Schism against Logan’s side. Rather it’s that Emma feels that being with Scott made her weak, which is logical if he’s been the strong one. And she basically feels inferior, like she’s his sidekick or second-in-command. Which she cannot countenance, hence her betraying him and stabbing him in the back.

That’s how I read it anyway.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    He wasn’t saying Scott was weak. In his version Scott wins the Schism against Logan’s side. Rather it’s that Emma feels that being with Scott made her weak, which is logical if he’s been the strong one. And she basically feels inferior, like she’s his sidekick or second-in-command. Which she cannot countenance, hence her betraying him and stabbing him in the back.

That’s how I read it anyway.
    “Scott was a weakling… and he'd made her feel weak.” That doesn’t seem ambiguous to me, but even if that’s from Emma’s feelings, it doesn’t make sense from my POV and it’s not a take I’d be interested in reading.

It’s from Emma’s POV. That’s how I read it. But regardless, it never came to pass. So be it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Probably this :

Wow. That sounds horrible. Emma softened up long before Scott. I’d say it would have been Sean that softened her the most.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, it's pretty clear he didn't understand Emma and would glad made her a villain again if he had the chance

I'm not enthused.

Those unmade plans dont leave me excited.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

i'll be a little surprised if he's revisiting many characters from his last X-Men stay. He's talked a lot about not wanting to repeat himself when it comes to work for hire.

Fantastic Member

Please dont let him be on any main books.
    Uncanny X-Men Vol. 2 and his marvel now iron man runs were so bad. give him some auxilliary book.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Ok. Thanks you. A bummer indeed. Wells was my favorite writer of this era. Less excited now for what's to come. I hope Tini is not the one writing Betsy next year.
    They will probably relaunch Excalibur as Captain Britain and stop pretending that Gambit, Jubilee and Rictor are needed.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I'm actually one of the few who don't care for his writing. I really disliked his Young Avengers, didn't care for the X-stuff I read, and Once & Future is kind of flat. (I love the art in that book, though. I'm reading the book almost entirely for the art.) Like I'll give him a chance, and I'm glad that a writer a lot of people like is getting a book. But I'm just sort of meh right now.
    agreed, i did not like his YA at all. aphra wore out its welcome too for star wars stuff.