Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Yes, Tini, Leah, Vita, Duggan, Spurrier, Percy, Ewing and Hickman
    Except for Zeb Wells, who moved to the Spider-office.
    I agree that Zeb Wells has probably left for the Spider-Man office at this point.

From the top left:
    Tini Howard, Leah Williams, Jonathan Hickman
    Benjamin Percy, Gerry Duggan, Simon Spurrier
    Redacted (Kieron Gillen), Redacted, Jordan D. White
    Vita Ayala, Al Ewing, Mark Basso

We seem to be missing Victor LaValle and Lauren Amaro (an editor on the books) so we are probably not seeing the whole group in that screenshot.
    There might be more new writers not in the picture.

He added 1 of the best things to 1 of my favorite characters ever so I love his writing so excited!

BANNED

Excellent news.

Bring back Unit.

This is intriguing. Gillien is one of the writers who introduced some really great concepts. I have always wondered what writers like him, Carey, and even Taylor would have done without the rights noose around their neck. To a lesser extent Cullen Bunn as well, while his run wasn't very diverse in my opinion he had some very good ideas i feel suffered from the fact that without the rights marvel would still only let the x-men grow so much. Gillien Dark Vader run was also the first time i got into a space, space comic.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

I've wanted to read his take on Jean Grey for like a decade now.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Great news
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Astonishing Member

This is a mixed bag for me. I know he is a solid writer, but what i saw of his work wasn't overly interesting to me and his work on X-men in particular felt "okay" to me.

Though the later seems to be a bit of a weird trend for the X-books.

You have tallented writers who make great stories in their indi-books or even other books of the Big Two, but as soon as they are assigned to X-books they produce either mediocre or controversial results.

Anyway. Gillen on an X-book. Could be good, could be bad. We'll see.

I dig it. I'm very interested in hearing what he'll be working on.
    Last edited by JB; 09-25-2021 at 04:42 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm equally excited and worried.
    I really liked his Extinction team BUT everything I've seen from what he had planned to do had he stayed longer sounded awful.
    Yeah, same here.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Yes, Tini, Leah, Vita, Duggan, Spurrier, Percy, Ewing and Hickman
    Except for Zeb Wells, who moved to the Spider-office.
    Ok. Thanks you. A bummer indeed. Wells was my favorite writer of this era. Less excited now for what's to come. I hope Tini is not the one writing Betsy next year.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I'm actually one of the few who don't care for his writing. I really disliked his Young Avengers, didn't care for the X-stuff I read, and Once & Future is kind of flat. (I love the art in that book, though. I'm reading the book almost entirely for the art.) Like I'll give him a chance, and I'm glad that a writer a lot of people like is getting a book. But I'm just sort of meh right now.
    I didn't care for his writing either.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'll wait to see what he's writing and the artist.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Fantastic Member

I loved his last x-men stuff, it was way too short of a run. Hopefully a significant team book, or maybe something about The Five given his experience with Hope.

And hopefully unit returns.

A good writer but for me it depends on what characters he gets. A villain book is a no sale. Even if everyone agrees it’s stellar I won’t touch it. I think there have been to much focus on them as it is.

Neither am I interested in him writing more of the same. In other words the O5 or Magneto&Xavier.

So if he gets to work with some other characters that haven’t gotten the love in this era I would be excited.

Of course I’m biased for my favorites but they don’t have to appear. Just give me some interesting combinations.

These are very promising news to me, as I generally liked his previous work.

Here's hoping for a return of UNIT, who seems like an ideal antagonist for this era of X-Men. We never learned the details of his plans for mutantkind, except that they involve his vision of an utopia on a cosmic scale and "saving everyone, ever". I can easily imagine him trying to establish his own version of the Phalanx, or weaponize the Phoenix Force against them.
    Also, Danger still deserves to break that floating bastard for being such a creep.