Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    They will probably relaunch Excalibur as Captain Britain and stop pretending that Gambit, Jubilee and Rictor are needed.
    Rictor got the most character development in the book after Betsy. Gambit and Jubilee though, yeah. Honestly Rogue too, she had a bit more paneltime but nothing really relevant was done with her.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Oh well, this era's villains suck, so might as well bring Unit back and ruin whatever Wells had planned for Sinister, I guess.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Perhaps he can tell off Storm in the next comic with "subtle" racism.

Ugh HARD PASS! I’m probably in the minority but I hated his X-run. I hope it is not him. And if it is I hope he never writes anything with Storm in it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Ugh HARD PASS! I’m probably in the minority but I hated his X-run. I hope it is not him. And if it is I hope he never writes anything with Storm in it.
    1 billion x agreed. no thanks.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Amazing Member

I remember most of the people here were really enjoying his run back in 2011-2012. I am one of them. I loved his extinction era, his work with his characters, the X-men and the Sinister. I can understand why Storm's fans hate his run, but at the same time Wood in the X-men title was writing amazing stories with Storm.
    Ahhh this Schism-era was one of my favorite. I was enjoying so many titles (WatX, Uncanny, X-men, X-force). I haven't enjoyed anything like that in the X-line until the first year of Hickman's era.

P.S. Zeb Wells had the most well-received side x-book this year, i don't understand why he is the one who is leaving...

I really hope this turns out to be true. Kieron Gillen had one of the best runs in Uncanny X-Men during the late 00s. He also has done some amazing work for other publishers. I would love to see him write another X-Books.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I like how he writes Magik so there is that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I think he was working with some ideas pre-Schism that kept the book feeling like there were some big stakes, but Schism and AvX killed anything that was being set up. Post Schism it seems people leaned towards his book but that was probably more because it was in opposition to Wolverine and the X-Men or just Jason Aaron. I thought his story suffered a lot aside from his AvX tie ins being better than the event, his take an Sinister should have been a one off not a retcon of Sinister all along, and Unit was the worst kind of character. For a similar reason I did not like his Darth Vader but at least that book was about a villain.

This is not an attack, I like his Once and Future, but other than acknowledging his run was prematurely ended it is not something I felt made me want to see him come back and try something again.

I wonder if he’s going to introduce the Hesiodic Theogony into the Krakoan Era.

What’s funny is that his run kept me AWAY from X-Books for years. Not just that, but pretty much everything from 2007-Bendis, and even then I was just keeping up with the O5. I dropped out mid-stream and came back for HOXPOX. I just couldn’t stand the “personality” the books had at the time. Scott was villainized and characters just didn’t feel right.

I really disliked his work on Uncanny X-men. All the X-men sounded snobbish and acted like villians. And his villains talked a lot, to the point of making me irritated and bored. They were all snobs as well.

That being said, I'm liking his work on Eternals right now, so maybe he can make a book I enjoy. Maybe he just needs to stick to a more specific theme and not mess with the main cast of characters.

Gillen has really grown and improved as a writer since I started reading his stuff circa the late noughties. His X-run was pretty meh but they were stuck on Utopia without a whole lot of BIG IDEA plot room.

Welcome back, Gillen! I eagerly look forward to what he brings this time!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

He does not excite me that much TBH. But I didn't love his previous run but he was burdened with AvX which is easily one of the worst events/stories in Marvel history. I actually thought it was unfortunate that Hickman even showed a panel of it in HoX, better left forgotten. He was still a step up from Fractions run. I liked Hickman's idea of bring him, Carey, and past writers that weren't flagship back to join him but this fews different with him leaving.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/