Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Um did you read the future plans he had for them.
    Yeah but that was the Schism era.

Maybe that means Emma "wins" inferno and Gillen is writing the "Emma reign" book

Incredible Member Agatha's Ghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Happy for Gillen. Sad that most of the current X-Writers are sticking around.
    I feel precisely the same way. I do not know how Storm will survive if Unit decides to target her SWORD station and her regency.

Fantastic Member

The AvX tie in issues were the best Scott/Emma moments since Morrison. Reminded me of why I enjoyed the pairing so much in the first place.

Also, his writing for Scott in Consequences was the best he was written for years. In fact, I haven't seen better since

Maybe we’ll get another Avengers vs. X-Men.

The HiXman era certainly set that possibility up.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaStorm87 View Post
    The AvX tie in issues were the best Scott/Emma moments since Morrison. Reminded me of why I enjoyed the pairing so much in the first place.

Also, his writing for Scott in Consequences was the best he was written for years. In fact, I haven't seen better since
    I should really get round to reading that consequences mini. I picked it up a few years ago and I’ve not read it yet.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I should really get round to reading that consequences mini. I picked it up a few years ago and I’ve not read it yet.
    Highly enjoyable, especially if you were team Cyclops during AvX (As any X-Fan should have been).

There was a couple of panels where he really got under the traitor Logan's skin and it was extremely cathartic after his repulsive actions during AvX.

Having just reread Vol 1 and 2 of Uncanny xmen kieron gillen i am absolutely positive he will kill it on the Krakoa era. A lot of his ideas are basically what's in Krakoa. The extinction team was the council, the security team, and he did a great job of showing the day to day and what was necessary from the ground level to run a nation. I didn't even remember how much of his stuff has made it into this era. Brand, the sword station, Pretty much every single character he had in his run has a significant place in the current one. I know truly wonder where he would have went if not derailed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

This is great news to me!!! I have always thought his X-Men run was VERY underrated!!! I hated that Marvel cut his run short due to a line wide shift in status quo. I was really enjoying it and wanted MORE!!!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Adding: Oh gosh I hope KG doesn't get ahold of Kurt. I was so disappointed with what has happened with him in Krakoa era. Not counting some of the crossovers separate from the main titles really but gosh, after what he did with Storm... just no. Things can only get... the same old thing.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Adding: Oh gosh I hope KG doesn't get ahold of Kurt. I was so disappointed with what has happened with him in Krakoa era. Not counting some of the crossovers separate from the main titles really but gosh, after what he did with Storm... just no. Things can only get... the same old thing.
    What did he do with Storm? I can't recall anything in particular at the moment.

(Unless that is the complaint of course, that he did nothing with her)

Quote Originally Posted by myownlittleusername View Post
    What did he do with Storm? I can't recall anything in particular at the moment.

(Unless that is the complaint of course, that he did nothing with her)
    It was more he did nothing with her. Honestly given what we were given via limitations on Storm at the time he fell right in line with what felt like the mandate of she can be present but you can't do too much because BP office has first dibs. I would also say i didn't like how passive he wrote Storm but this run and Sword has pretty much taken care of that aspect and i'm sure without the noose he would kill it. Then again i don't get most books just for one character unless they are pimped as the focus of said book, it just makes me more likely to try it. Given what we now know they couldn't do, Kieron did an amazing job imo and all of the basic ideas of what we have now started there. The security team, the extinction team being the council. With what is on the table now i think he would do a great job expanding Krakoa while introducing other elements.

The first story for Utopia was brand contacting the xmen from sword station because the celestials showed up. It was really a good job of balancing big threats in the first two volumes with building up utopia and it was really the start of mutant gifts coming back into place and mutants working together. Like the scene with Storm and Magneto where he was like "odd to have the goddess and the terrorist working together." and storm was basically like we are the same. He had the tension there but you could feel the reason they needed each other. So overall the ideas were huge and good imo.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mighty Member

Dunno why you guys are hinging on plans the man had almost a decade ago. I'd say The Wicked + The Divine and Eternals would be a better frame of reference.

But i suppose that'd require X-fans to read other books.

C-Monster is definitely going to continue his Extinction Team plans as though nothing had happened in the intervening decade. That’s why there was the “lost years” Easter egg in HoX #2.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    Dunno why you guys are hinging on plans the man had almost a decade ago. I'd say The Wicked + The Divine and Eternals would be a better frame of reference.

The funny thing is i've read his eternals and his darth vader as well Doc Aphra so let's not assume. sometimes it's best not to say stuff sometimes though. like how i feel about eternals. but they are two different types of stories. ^_-
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post

His SW comics were really good