Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Who are DC's Ultimates?

So my favorite superhero team of all time is Al Ewing's Ultimates from 2015. Their the ultimate superhero team just packed with the heaviest hitters in the Marvel universe, focused on solving the greatest and most abstract problems in the cosmic landscape. So who would you want to see be on a DC Ultimates team? only rule: your limited to a 6 man team, 1 cosmic entity and 5 human heavy hitters.

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Vixen

Also:

Mr. Terrifc
    Zatanna
    John Stewart
    Superman
    Jessica Cruz
    Last edited by MoneySpider; 09-25-2021 at 10:46 PM.
    Black Panther - Champion of Bast
    Vixen - Champion of Anansi

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    So my favorite superhero team of all time is Al Ewing's Ultimates from 2015. Their the ultimate superhero team just packed with the heaviest hitters in the Marvel universe, focused on solving the greatest and most abstract problems in the cosmic landscape. So who would you want to see be on a DC Ultimates team? only rule: your limited to a 6 man team, 1 cosmic entity and 5 human heavy hitters.

Galactus- Sinestro
    Captain Marvel- Green Lantern (John Stewart)
    Black Panther- Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)
    Spectrum- Dr Light (Kimiyo Hoshi)
    America Chavez- Rocket (Raquel Ervin)
    Blue Marvel- Icon (August Freeman)

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Cool pic, but that is a lazy answer.

I would say than Justice Incarnate or the Terrifics are the most close thing to an Ultimates team. On a second thought, maybe even Superman's Authority team could be considered as such.

But if I have to go with a team these are my choices:

• Nix Uotan as the cosmic entity.
    • Calvin Ellis as the inquisitive calm veterant heavy hitter. (I also considered Val-Zod for this position, but he lacks experience).
    • Power Girl as the hard head leader.
    • Dr. Light (Kimiyo Hoshi, just being called Dr. Hoshi or Dr. Prysm, as someone suggested) as the light bender.
    • Fifty Sue as the overpowerful brat. (Ambush Bug was the other option because of his teleport and wall breaker abilities, but he is too much chaotic to serves in a team).
    • Mr Terrific as the genius and fighter.

Also, I woudl add Superboy Prime in the Anti-Man role.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Not to be a fanboy, but what you describe is generally what former iterations of the League did as par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Not to be a fanboy, but what you describe is generally what former iterations of the League did as par for the course.
    read Ultimates, they're not the League. the League more or less works better as an Avengers analogue, just with more events. Outside of events, the League hardly deals with the type of threats the Ultimates were dealing with in the way they were doing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Cool pic, but that is a lazy answer.

I would say than Justice Incarnate or the Terrifics are the most close thing to an Ultimates team. On a second thought, maybe even Superman's Authority team could be considered as such.

But if I have to go with a team these are my choices:

• Nix Uotan as the cosmic entity.
    • Calvin Ellis as the inquisitive calm veterant heavy hitter. (I also considered Val-Zod for this position, but he lacks experience).
    • Power Girl as the hard head leader.
    • Dr. Light (Kimiyo Hoshi, just being called Dr. Hoshi or Dr. Prysm, as someone suggested) as the light bender.
    • Fifty Sue as the overpowerful brat. (Ambush Bug was the other option because of his teleport and wall breaker abilities, but he is too much chaotic to serves in a team).
    • Mr Terrific as the genius and fighter.

Also, I would add Superboy Prime in the Anti-Man role.
    I like this line-up a lot
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 09-25-2021 at 09:26 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Here's mine...

Spectre
    Dr. Fate
    Wonder Woman
    Shazam/Captain Marvel
    Aquaman
    Firestorm
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by SecretWarrior View Post
    Yeah the funny bit is the Ultimates are basically Ewing doing a take on the League.
    Blue Marvel = Superman (Obvious)
    Black Panther = Batman (Obvious)
    America = Wonder Woman (Both are the products of all female Socities)
    Flash = Spectrum (she’s identified in the first issue as ‘the fast one’)
    Captain Marvel = Green Lantern (Cocky Air Force pilots with devil may care attitudes)
    Galactus = Martian Manhunter (Incredibly powerful but also reserved and reluctant to use their power)
    Ant-Man = Atom (Obvious)
    Thanos = Darkseid (Obvious)

If I had to recreate it in the DCU not using the ones they’re based off of I’d go:
    John Henry Irons (Steel) = Blue Marvel
    Mr. Terrific = Black Panther
    Solstice = Spectrum
    Vixen = Captain Marvel
    Swamp Thing (Levi) = Galactus
    Sideways = Ant-Man
    Imperiex = Thanos

read Ultimates, they're not the League. the League more or less works better as an Avengers analogue, just with more events. Outside of events, the League hardly deals with the type of threats the Ultimates were dealing with in the way they were doing them.

I like this line-up a lot
    What dealing with cosmic entities out to bend reality to their whim? That’s the Leagues bread and butter since Morrison, Snyder just finished a run that was all about that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Yeah the funny bit is the Ultimates are basically Ewing doing a take on the League.
    Blue Marvel = Superman (Obvious)
    Black Panther = Batman (Obvious)
    Flash = Spectrum (she’s identified in the first issue as ‘the fast one’)
    Captain Marvel = Green Lantern (Cocky Air Force pilots with devil may care attitudes)
    Galactus = Martian Manhunter (Incredibly powerful but also reserved and reluctant to use their power)
    Ant-Man = Atom (Obvious)
    Thanos = Darkseid (Obvious)
    Well, for me they were a replacement team in the abscense of the FF, dealing with the same cosmic stuff meanwhile the FF were banned because FOX had their film rights.

If I had to recreate it in the DCU not using the ones they’re based off of I’d go:
    John Henry Irons (Steel) = Blue Marvel
    Mr. Terrific = Black Panther
    Solstice = Spectrum
    Vixen = Captain Marvel
    Swamp Thing (Levi) = Galactus
    Sideways = Ant-Man
    Imperiex = Thanos

What dealing with cosmic entities out to bend reality to their whim? That’s the Leagues bread and butter since Morrison, Snyder just finished a run that was all about that.
    Imperiex would work bettter as the Galatus analog.

And just a minor observation, Ant-man (neither of them) never was member of these Ultimates. I was talking about Anti-Man, (check the "i") aka Conner Simms, an enemy of Blue Marvel who became an herald of Galactus during this run.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Well, for me they were a replacement team in the abscense of the FF, dealing with the same cosmic stuff meanwhile the FF were banned because FOX had their film rights.

Imperiex would work bettter as the Galatus analog.

And just a minor observation, Ant-man (neither of them) never was member of these Ultimates. I was talking about Anti-Man, (check the "i") aka Conner Simms, an enemy of Blue Marvel who became an herald of Galactus during this run.
    “Giant-Man” helped the team though:

Got him and Ant-Man confused (especially since the plot involved shrinking someone).
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Justice Incarnate seems to be DC's Ultimates but If I have to create a team of characters that would be the counterparts of the Ultimates these are the ones I will choose.

Mr. Terrific - One of the smartest beings on Earth.
    Dr. Prism (FKA Dr. Light) - Also, one of the smartest beings on Earth. Her personality could play well with Mr. Terrific both are driven and prideful.
    Firestorm - Potential Cosmic Powerhouse. Dr. Martin Stein is also one of the smartest beings on Earth.
    The Atom - One of the smartest being on Earth and potential heavy hitter. Profound Knowledge of the microverse and physics. The Atom should use his powers to grow his size and enter the macroverse (Sphere of the Gods).
    Power Girl - Hard-headed heavy hitter and also a scientist and a businesswoman.
    Nix Uotan - Cosmic Being with a profound Knowledge of the multiverse.
    Last edited by Incognito; 09-26-2021 at 03:29 AM.

Extraordinary Member

This is recent.
    Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    isn't America an alien?

Haha!! Marvel already thought of that and they
    spoilers:
    retconed America Chavez origin, into being a real born latina native from 616 universe, and not from some paralele universe, because everything she believed be her origin was not true, in the best Miracleman/Marvelman style!!
    Truie Religion quote-
    @Ryan Valencia bro read jer new books they reconned all that utopia bs .....!!!! SHE FROM PUERTO RICO ���� !! I actually read her books catch up

Truie Religion quote-
    @Ryan Valencia her origin was reconned read her new books !!! Shes ����
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...nidades1/page2

“Giant-Man” helped the team though:

Got him and Ant-Man confused (especially since the plot involved shrinking someone).
    Ah, got it. Even so, Giant man (I had forget him) was more a guest star than a proper member.

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    A little context please? What it had to do the retcon of America Chavez with her having an analog on DC?

Extraordinary Member

Ah, got it. Even so, Giant man (I had forget him) was more a guest star than a proper member.

A little context please? What it had to do the retcon of America Chavez with her having an analog on DC?
    I was justing posting her being from a all female society like wonder woman and being alien like supergirl/superman etc..has been retcon,of course it was apart of background for awhile but she is and still is a superman/wonder woman type superhero.
    Last edited by mace11; 09-26-2021 at 11:50 AM.