Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What Fantastic Four stories do you wish you could tell?

Most comic fans have a little comic writer inside them. I'm sure Fantastic Four fans have a dream of one day taking over the book and having their legendary run. Tell me the stories you wanna write. It can be a Fantastic Four story or a Future Foundation story.

Extraordinary Member

Johnny Storm as a responsible adult in a committed, monogamous relationship...but someone would come along and ruin it because "Johhny's supposed to be a fun-loving, irresponsible guy."

Say what Sue's degree is and make it be in a fun field that leads to more adventures and more input in the FF's adventures outside of her powers.

The four go to therapy. A short story that explores who they are and redefine some things about them.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Johnny Storm as a responsible adult in a committed, monogamous relationship...but someone would come along and ruin it because "Johhny's supposed to be a fun-loving, irresponsible guy."
    I think Johnny's problem could be that monogamy isn't for him. He may be forcing himself into them because that's what's expected, but open relationships would probably be better for him. I also wouldn't want all the members of the FF married with kids, that's not the ideal for everyone.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

To turn Sharon back to human with a new power set.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Spectacular Member markhyperion's Avatar

I've said my idea and I'll say it again. It can be a massive crossover with FF in the driver seat.

Since Marvel (like all of the entertainment industry) can't think or anything new and just rehash old ideas...

Have the Marquis Of Death Return. With a new apprentice.

They are destroying realities (sort of like the incursion and Secret Wars stuff). They are doing it because the world is simply a better place without Super-powered beings. No more Secrer Wars, alien wars, civil wars, etc. No more heroes at all. Or villains. No more threats.

Why is the FF front and center. It is revealed the Marquis is Franklin and his apprentice is Valeria who has determined this is only path to peace.

The drama of the FF facing their own children is heavy

I’d like to see them break up. Then each member starts their own FF and have their own adventures (splitting the comic into four separate titles with different creative teams, so getting FF almost every week for a year) all the while there’s a subplot going on in all of them that end up bringing the four teams together to take on whatever that sub plot is. In the end, the four get back together and we’re left with “What are we gonna do with sixteen members of the Fantastic Four?”. Then the extras either go their separate ways, become supporting cast, and/or take some and make a new Fantastic Force if they prove to be popular.
    Last edited by Thundershot; 09-26-2021 at 02:05 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Oddly enough, I'd probably write something as cliched as the FF exploring the multiverse and traveling to a reality Reed dubs the "I-Mp" Dimension. Unfortunately, no version of Reed, Johnny, Ben and Sue ever existed there, a fact the team finds out the hard way. The forces that govern this reality impose a cosmic correction, whereby the FF start to blink out of existence one by one. Of course, there's a more nefarious reason why the FF never existed in the I-Mp Dimension. By the end of the arc, the mystery is solved, the big baddies revealed and it's up to Ben + 3 substitute new compatriots from Earth I-Mp to save the day and hopefully restore Sue, Reed and Johnny back to the land of the living...at least in our universe, if not the I-Mp Dimension.

Or something perilous and kooky like that.

Ultimate Member

The Fantastic Four effect-

Show what the team means to Marvel or New York.

Yes Reed has crazy inventions and gets the city attacked (like most heroes). What effect does that have on the economy and property values. And what does Reed and the team do about it.

The Thing being the most famous person of Yancy Street-what does that mean for that area?

Who else do they hang around with when not at HQ?

How does being kids of heroes affect Franklin and Val? Foundation kids?

Show how far the Fantastic Four seep into not just New York but everywhere.

How does Reed's research help say NASA?

Sue dealing with Reed-how does that reflect under the eyes of feminists?

How many folks have tried to copy how they got their powers?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    The Fantastic Four effect-

Show what the team means to Marvel or New York.

Yes Reed has crazy inventions and gets the city attacked (like most heroes). What effect does that have on the economy and property values. And what does Reed and the team do about it.

The Thing being the most famous person of Yancy Street-what does that mean for that area?

Who else do they hang around with when not at HQ?

How does being kids of heroes affect Franklin and Val? Foundation kids?

Show how far the Fantastic Four seep into not just New York but everywhere.

How does Reed's research help say NASA?

Sue dealing with Reed-how does that reflect under the eyes of feminists?

How many folks have tried to copy how they got their powers?
    On your last question, the U-Foes in canon were a deliberate attempt to copy how the Fantastic Four got their powers, but they debuted and (largely) remained as Hulk villains instead of FF villains.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I would prefer she retain the ability to "Thing-on" but also be her normal Sharon self.
    ~ Oberon ~
    Comic-book reading Witch and Pagan since 1970
    I came for Kate, I stayed for Bette Love Fantastic Four, Namor, Batwoman, Dr.Strange.... i love them all

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I think Johnny's problem could be that monogamy isn't for him. He may be forcing himself into them because that's what's expected, but open relationships would probably be better for him. I also wouldn't want all the members of the FF married with kids, that's not the ideal for everyone.
    That's all well and good...but does not discount the fact that he should grow up.

Also...what if he knocks someone up...what sort of a father will he be? Will he step up and be involved or just pay child support?

Maybe a baby mama who is not just some party girl but well off in her own right and instead of money that she doesn't need they have shared 50/50 custody.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 09-26-2021 at 03:53 PM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I really don't want to see any more kids in the FF, however a story about Johnny finding his missing timeline kid would be fun.

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

I want the team to visit the Exiles of Central City who were sent to the future in FF #295.

Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Since you asked...

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-Solicitations

Past months are also linked.
    I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?