Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by cmore View Post
    I really don't want to see any more kids in the FF, however a story about Johnny finding his missing timeline kid would be fun.
    Is that the one from the story where Psycho-Woman roofied Johnny and some random woman and impregnated her...only to have her jump into the time platform and disappear into the past?

Most pathetic 'let's not have to deal with the kid' storyline ever.

What the hell is with Marvel and getting rid of kids? Cyclops's and Maddie's kid gets sent to the future. Wolfsbane's kid gets killed by Strong Guy. Syrin's kid turns out to be a dupe re-absorbed by Madrox. Pete's and MJ's kid gets killed or kidnapped never to be seen again.
    Last edited by Chris0013; 09-26-2021 at 06:16 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Oberon View Post
    I would prefer she retain the ability to "Thing-on" but also be her normal Sharon self.
    Is a "Thing-on" anything like a "Kling-on"?
    Attached Images Attached Images

An interdimensional voyage a la Excalibur. Someone (Doom) tampers with a device that send them shooting through different realities. Reed starts to lose it when he can't fix it - it starts out silly but gets progressively darker.

Mighty Member

"Restoration of the Future Foundation" - I like the Future Foundation and hated how they were disbanded off page. I would love to see the FF expand out into turning the Baxter Building into a think tank. Just because a full on think tank is full of the brightest minds does not mean they are the most moral minds. Plus, a murder mystery in a house full of geniuses is an interesting writing challenge.

"Johnny the Adult" - Bride of Doom only soiled my opinion of Johnny Storm. I would like to see an MC2 scenario where Reed and Sue go away and Johnny needs to be the adult in the room and manage adult things like preventing death rays Reed and Sue patent from getting into the hands of villains. Throw in a joke about Johnny burning tax documents out of frustration and we have a deal.

"All For One" - I am stealing from this fanfic https://archiveofourown.org/works/33842488. Franklin is a selfish brat who thinks being special is above everything else. Why not make him a villain? Have Franklin (or an alt if we aren't too daring) become a monster who gains the power to take powers from others.

"Selection of the Scientist Supreme" - A Reed and Val bonding story where the two compete with other scientists for the title of Scientist Supreme.

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

First of all, bring back Future Foundation. It allows a bigger casting, expands the team from a family of adventurers into a think tank etc. Have Future Foundation solving crises with guest stars like Black Panther, Hank Pym, Tony Stark and Hank McCoy.

Although current status quo doesn't allow it, i always wanted to see Mr Sinister or Apocalypse against FF for the control of Franklin Richards. Also, make Franklin a mutant again.

Have more issues and stories were we have sort stories about the FF individually. That would allow more developement for each character and more cameos, guests and team ups.

Less Dr Doom and revitalise more of the old villains and bring new threats on the table.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

Extraordinary Member

Franklin getting his mutant status back...as well as making Val one with the Marvel Girl powers. And let them deal with mutant issues from time to time like a Sentinel attack.

.. more world exploration. In this galaxy and others. Finding hostile elements, aliens, and solving crises on an interstellar level.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Is that the one from the story where Psycho-Woman roofied Johnny and some random woman and impregnated her...only to have her jump into the time platform and disappear into the past?

Most pathetic 'let's not have to deal with the kid' storyline ever.

What the hell is with Marvel and getting rid of kids? Cyclops's and Maddie's kid gets sent to the future. Wolfsbane's kid gets killed by Strong Guy. Syrin's kid turns out to be a dupe re-absorbed by Madrox. Pete's and MJ's kid gets killed or kidnapped never to be seen again.
    Because having kids would "age" the characters, and Marvel is rather wary of certain of its characters "aging too much" to be relatable or appealing to its audience/readership.

Quote Originally Posted by U.N. Owen View Post
    "Restoration of the Future Foundation" - I like the Future Foundation and hated how they were disbanded off page. I would love to see the FF expand out into turning the Baxter Building into a think tank. Just because a full on think tank is full of the brightest minds does not mean they are the most moral minds. Plus, a murder mystery in a house full of geniuses is an interesting writing challenge.

"Johnny the Adult" - Bride of Doom only soiled my opinion of Johnny Storm. I would like to see an MC2 scenario where Reed and Sue go away and Johnny needs to be the adult in the room and manage adult things like preventing death rays Reed and Sue patent from getting into the hands of villains. Throw in a joke about Johnny burning tax documents out of frustration and we have a deal.

"All For One" - I am stealing from this fanfic https://archiveofourown.org/works/33842488. Franklin is a selfish brat who thinks being special is above everything else. Why not make him a villain? Have Franklin (or an alt if we aren't too daring) become a monster who gains the power to take powers from others.

"Selection of the Scientist Supreme" - A Reed and Val bonding story where the two compete with other scientists for the title of Scientist Supreme.
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Planner View Post
    First of all, bring back Future Foundation. It allows a bigger casting, expands the team from a family of adventurers into a think tank etc. Have Future Foundation solving crises with guest stars like Black Panther, Hank Pym, Tony Stark and Hank McCoy.

Although current status quo doesn't allow it, i always wanted to see Mr Sinister or Apocalypse against FF for the control of Franklin Richards. Also, make Franklin a mutant again.

Have more issues and stories were we have sort stories about the FF individually. That would allow more developement for each character and more cameos, guests and team ups.

Less Dr Doom and revitalise more of the old villains and bring new threats on the table.
    Generally cosigning bringing back the Future Foundation. Would love to see Spider-Man involved in a mentorship/"big brother"-type role with at least some of the Future Foundation kids, too. Furthermore, I'd like to see his reaction to Johnny's current condition and what caused it.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Johnny would be Bi, Sue would finally divorce Reed & go get her some Imperius Rex. Franklin would be an adult doing whatever it is he does his age is just stupid to me, Thing would finally be able to turn back & forth at will cause I'm sick of the I'm sick of looking like this storyline every 2 years.

Just to tell some stories featuring Mr. Fantastic, The Thing, The Invisible Woman and the Human Torch fighting bad guys and going on exciting adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravin' Ray View Post
    I want the team to visit the Exiles of Central City who were sent to the future in FF #295.

Good one!!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Default The NEW and IMPROVED Future Foundation!

Make a big push of the Future Foundation. That will be the teams status quo and use it to expand the team. It would be a mix of old and new characters with the objective of helping the universe (and sometimes multiverse). The ones who came up with this initiative are 4 people: Reed Richards, Sue Storm, Adam Brashear, and Monica Rambeau. Basically the Ultimates merged with the FF.

The members are a mix of returning and new characters for the Future Foundation. Some of the new members they find and recruit during their adventuring. Instead of it being solely made up of intelligent kids, it's also made up of people with the will a power to help with this objective.

With this as the base, the Foundation will go on crazy adventures with the focus sometimes being on characters other than the Fantastic Four. If it does well then spinoffs can easily be done to further expand on this corner of the MU or to develop certain characters further.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    .. more world exploration. In this galaxy and others. Finding hostile elements, aliens, and solving crises on an interstellar level.
    Exactly this. Like the Legion at DC, there’s an infinite number of possibilities for storytelling that is untapped by keeping them in the mainstream MU. give them a spacecraft/base like Space 1999, or the Galactica and tee off.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I do think the future foundation is the best addition to the FF in years. It does something fresh without all the pathetic cash grabs marvel does that would change the core integrity of the group.
    Doesn't replace or ruin the core team but expands it and opens the story up for new adventures. You get a bunch of kids always asking "Hey can we do: THIS" but rarely "SHOULD WE?" and the hijinks ensue.
    The Older team teaches them Morals and Family, the young team takes up Reeds role and gets them involved in things they just shouldn't be involved in.

Like how the ultimate FF discovered the 1st Zombie verse and the such. You can easily tell the Kind of stories that made Teen Titans, Legion of Sh, and insome ways the teen x-teams so popular.

All the while basing it around and expanding Marvels 1st family.
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.

Spectacular Member

I agree with everyone else, the Future Foundation is a great addition to the MU and something that has potential for a life beyond the Fantastic Four. Aside from that there are some characters I'd like to revisit; Frankie Raye popping up for a bit with a new perspective on things after being Galactus's herald would be fun, I would like to rehabilitate Sharon Ventura, and I'd definitely have some Inhumans and Agatha Harkness pop up occasionally. I'd also focus on some classic foes who aren't Doom for a change, let's see what we can do in the modern age with the Frightful Four, Mole Man, Diablo and the Red Ghost.

BIG focus on the exploration stuff, let's have some stories tbat are purely about discovering new worlds/places...and I don't want to break the team up cuz that's been done a million times but I do think they should have individual story focus sometimes, eg:

- Reed can have a team-up with Namor so we can explore what their relationship is like

- with Sue I'd revisit Iconoclast, I've got a whole headcanon for why he attacked her that one time

- Ben can revisit some of his non-FF friendships with Tigra, Vance Astrovik, Firebird etc

- I would put Johnny in positions of leadership/authority more so we can see that he's not actually an irresponsible manchild without having to do yet another Johnny Grows Up story

Also I'd have some stuff for Alicia and the kids as they're an important part of the family too (and I have ALWAYS wanted to see a proper Franklin/Power Pack reunion!)