First off, I'm not super well versed on all the lore. I'm not even sure what is and isn't canon anymore so sorry if I'm asking a dumb question here.

And I didn't see a thread for this, but if I missed it, apologies for repeating an old discussion.

Anyway, when Rise of Skywalker ends where are we left? The Jedi Order is gone and many of their oldest, most important writings are destroyed.

The Skywalker bloodline has ended with the death of Kylo.

The Sith are destroyed as well, with no clear heir apparent to bring them back.

The New Republic is seemingly destroyed (Coruscant and the Senate are all gone at least), as is the last remnants of the Empire, so there's no government left to uphold any of the old traditions.

The only other Force users we know of who *might* still be alive are.....who? Grogu/Baby Yoda, Ashoka, maybe Ezra and Maul? Ashoka and Maul are well trained and highly experienced but both were abandoned by their Orders and never finished the higher level training I assume a Knight or Sith Lord would get. And that's assuming any of these people are still alive by the time of TROS anyway.

So with the two main Force institutions gone, what steps up to fill the vacuum? We have other, smaller groups out there like the witches of Dathomir, but I don't know if any of them have what it takes to replace the Jedi and Sith Orders, or if they'd even want to.

What do you think? After the Skywalker era, does someone rebuild the Jedi, and if so who? And if not, what happens to Force users? Is the galaxy full of people who trade knowledge freely, without the rigid organizational systems in place? Isn't that dangerous as hell and leaves people vulnerable to falling to the deep, scary extremes of the Force? Does a new order rise up, and if so what does that look like compared to the Jedi/Sith?

Do we have any information at all on this? The Jedi existed for thousands of years, I feel like their final fall and collapse is a big gods damn deal and I'm curious about what comes after.

And am I right in the Skywalkers being extinct? I don't recall any other kids being mentioned other than Ben Solo. Rey taking the Skywalker name doesn't count, she's not of the bloodline.