Quote Originally Posted by CosmiComic View Post
Yeah. All I'm saying is Star Wars shouldn't abandon the sequel era. Being stuck in the past doesn't really allow for much progress
I doubt the sequel era will be abandoned. Despite the many mistakes made in TLJ and TRoS, there's a lot of interesting places the setting and characters could go.

I figure more sequel era content needs to do two things; repair the damage and disrespect done to the original cast, and rebuild the setting (government, Jedi, etc.,) while giving the sequel characters major roles in that growth.

Those two things can often be achieved simultaneously. Just an idea, but reveal that some of Luke's students survived and have them, Rey, and Finn build a new kind of Jedi order. Maybe Poe plays a major role in building a new government. Stuff like that would not only undo some of the damage done to Luke and Leia by having their hard work continue (in new forms) but it gives the sequel cast central roles in the era and a direct hand in shaping the setting.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
The last few issues of the Vader comics have been building on ROS's Exegol and Occhi of Bestoon's backstory a great deal.
I know the comics will use characters from the films and shows, but how tightly connected to canon are they? If the comics say something, is that legit canon? Or is it quasi-canon, only applicable until a film contradicts it?

I'm still wondering if Bad Batch's and Mandalorian's cloning subplots also somehow are connected to Palpatine's ressurection.
I suspect so, but I'm not sure why an experiment in cloning would stretch forty-ish years when Palpatine had access to Kamino technology before the Old Republic even fell. Can clones use the Force in the new canon? Maybe that's the problem Palpatine was trying to overcome?