BANNED

Default Remo Williams in DC

Basically, where exactly would Remo Williams be ranked as far as martial artists go in DC?

Assume composite for Remo Williams. This is also Remo Williams as the Reigning Master. So, as he is currently.

Bonus Round: Same but for Marvel instead.

Basics on Remo can be found here:

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...=1#post5747158

Basically in DC he’s in that huge wide-open space between Karate Kid and the likes of Cassandra Cain. The latter group are high street level (not the level of a high street, to be clear), whereas Val slaps around blitzing Daxamites.

With Marvel, unless we’re including guys like Midnight Sun, who gets into melee with the Silver Surfer (and not in a Black Panther way), Remo is outside of the scope of Marvel martial artists. There’s a hella big gap after someone like Iron Fist before we get to that level.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Being fair, he's closer to the Val spectrum of things, especially if all of the feats listed in the other thread pan out as valid.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

Don't think he's exactly on the same level as Val. Shiva on the other hand is another beast entirely but Remo can channel some of his power or even become him.

However, at that point it's less martial arts and more power cosmic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Being fair, he's closer to the Val spectrum of things, especially if all of the feats listed in the other thread pan out as valid.
    Oh, absolutely.

I was just kind of pointing out that the gap between Val and other DC martial artists covers a big old patch of real estate.

BANNED

Another thing I neglected to mention in the other thread but Shiva also fought Apollo. Apollo had a bit of a blood feud going on with House Sinanju, and wanted to get revenge through Remo. This backfires horribly as Shiva is a very possessive god, and proceeds to trounce Apollo something fierce.

Taken from Prophet of Doom.

Basically, the Pythia prevents Remo from returning to his body. He holds his own against it. Apollo steps in but then that's when Shiva appears, and gives him a taste of his lingham.

https://i.imgur.com/aZOxYHN.png

https://i.imgur.com/jhFvwhm.png

https://i.imgur.com/t8lRrhi.png

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Oh, absolutely.

I was just kind of pointing out that the gap between Val and other DC martial artists covers a big old patch of real estate.
    Very true!
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate