Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    (...) The idiocy I’m referring to is a person standing right in front of you is clearly angry and possibly volatile there is no need to add insults to it and make it worse that’s his idiocy. NG does need to calm down and think before she acts as I do agree with your view on the matter.
    Especialy when the person is clearly not a normal human given her horns. Considering this is the Marvel universe and the guy likely witnessed an evil Captain America unleashing an army of Hydra minions and super powered villains on his city barely a few months ago he really should have been a lot more carefull, personal opinions, views, temper or morals aside.
    If not a mutant she could have been a Sartyr, a minor deity, a demon or something else which could overreact extremly quickly and violent to being argued with in the wrong state.

But then again there are plenty of TV shows where surveilance camera footage is shown with people are acting on their most impulsive and stupid state of mind. So it's not like this guy was particular unusual or typical just for the Marvel Universe.

Still that was clearly murder or at least manslaughter by Nature Girl and under what i think would be classified as lower motives.

No one deserves to get stabbed for their idiocy. Though I don’t object to NG’s response to his entirely.
    Sapes have no rights

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Sapes have no rights
    Even though this is referring to a comic this is just a complete big NO in every since of the word and is sad. Everyone has no matter the species has rights. The need to put others down due to differences is sad.
    Last edited by Covetous_One; 09-27-2021 at 09:31 AM.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I've been wondering what Nature Girl has been up to. Stabbing people, clearly.
    I don’t know what possesses writers to take an unused character and then immediately assassinate them. Like who asked for murderous Nature Girl? I think we all would have been satisfied with NG connecting with the Krakoan flora and fauna and leveling up her powers based on her new surroundings.

Incredible Member

Awful writing by Duggan as per usual. I guess Nature Girl is a member of PETA since she is against pets. Never care for her so I hope she gets sent to de pit for murdering that guy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I don’t know what possesses writers to take an unused character and then immediately assassinate them. Like who asked for murderous Nature Girl? I think we all would have been satisfied with NG connecting with the Krakoan flora and fauna and leveling up her powers based on her new surroundings.
    Well you see this means logan can have a teaching moment or feal bad because she went down the wrong path.

Even though this is referring to a comic this is just a complete big NO in every since of the word and is sad. Everyone has no matter the species has rights. The need to put others down due to differences is sad.
    Well, you're right. Every life is important and has rights. For example, flatscans have the right to shut up and make way for the next step of humanity.

(I'm just kidding with all of this. It's fun to dump on humans.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Well, you're right. Every life is important and has rights. For example, flatscans have the right to shut up and make way for the next step of humanity.

(I'm just kidding with all of this. It's fun to dump on humans.)
    I know, as I’m very familiar with your character avatar (forgive me for forgetting his name). I’m just thinking of how Storm might respond to such a diatribe.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Agreed. I feel there's such wasted story potential when it comes to Nature Girl and Krakoa.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Oof. My heart goes out to all Nature Girl fans in these trying times.

Guess with Dryad back and Klara from the Runaways around, Marvel figured they had too many peaceful mutants with plant powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Why does she even go to Las Vegas (which should still be in a state of repair and recovery from Secret Empire) and into a random grocery store when Krakoa is supposed to be entirely autarkic from the outside world, including being able to produce any product better and environmental friendly (because mutant superiority...?) than the rest of the world?

Is the store owner personaly responcible for the massive tons of plastic waste which have ended in the ocean via basicly every single country on Earth and it's usage of plastic products over decades?

Did she go specifically to Las Vegas to get into a fight with a random store owner there?

Imagine she had gone to Simbabwe and get into a random fight with a single mother of 4 children on a street, because said woman is carrying her hard earned groceries in plastic bags, including plastic water bottles and plastic wrapped food, because they are cheap and all she can pay for.

And then Nature Girl stabs said woman to death when she is calling the sea turtle stupid, because obviously she has far bigger concerns than sea creatures she would never even see in her entire life.

If this is supposed to be a "green" message it has to be one hell of a moraly questionable and twisted one.

Nature Girl better hope she was manipulated by Onslaught or someone else to overreact at a stranger like that.

Edit: I have the feeling this entire chapter was just to stir up controversy and get people into shouting fights with another via their keyboards.
    Okay, am I the only one that thinks Onslaught taking time out of his busy schedule to manipulate NG to go full stop Eco-terrorist and murder someone with scissors is ridiculously funny....?

Incredible Member

So correct me if I am wrong. Nature Girl actually talks to animals right? Or is it just influence? If she actually talks to animals to her they might be the eqvulient of children, not necessarily children of hers but children in general. And I dont know about you but that would make saying stupid turtle is to blame for the death and it would the same to nature girl as if the stupid kid. I dont know about you but anyone that said stupid kid in this situation, I would stab them in the neck to regardless of it it my kid or ot. So to us it was a stupid animal but so much more to nature girl.

Astonishing Member

Thinking about it. This whole setup has the classic "Why can't Superman just resolve X problem?" paradox of super hero comics at the forefront, which writers should normaly avoid like the plague or handwave away. Especialy since it tends to ruin the willing suspension of disbelief of readers.

Basicly you have super heros who thanks to their powers and/or resources should have been able to solve any real world problems within a short time span, but since their world is meant to remain mirroring our own, said problems have to persist and can't be solved unless they are solved in the real world.

Classic example being Superman and the second World War.
    There even was a comic in which the writers showed a "hypothetical" scenario where Superman took the leaders of the Axis powers and dragged them infront of the League of Nations where they were punished for their agressions. Obviously this couldn't happen. So Superman, Captain America and co. had to stay at home and fight spies and saboteurs or fight fictional henchmen or splinter factions, so these can't turn the war in favor the Axis powers, while the heros have to leave the real fighting, logistics and industrial production to the normal man and woman of their nation.

Same goes for climate change, plastic in the ocean, ozone layer destruction, unclean energies and so on.
    Reed Richard, Hank Pym, Riri Williams, Lunella Lafayette, Tony Stark, they all could just snap with their fingers and produce super tech that could resolve all these issues within weeks. But they can't, because they persist in the real world.

So in order to not highlight this obvious law of super hero comic storytelling, a writer who wants to draw attention to these issues and make their readership aware of it, is normaly encouraged to just slip it in subtile or create a fictional element which would make the situation worse if the heros would not use up or sacrifice their powers or tools which could resolve the real world issue. Simply handwaving the obvious question away, while creating an entertaining product that draws a certain amount of attention to it.

Which is not the case here. So all the problems of the paradox are in effect, ruining any commentary that could have been made.

Though the whole Krakoa situation in general has this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Okay, am I the only one that thinks Onslaught taking time out of his busy schedule to manipulate NG to go full stop Eco-terrorist and murder someone with scissors is ridiculously funny....?
    If this takes place after Way of X: Onslaught Revelation, it could be a case of "how far the mighty have fallen".
    Last edited by Grunty; 09-27-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Thinking about it. This whole setup has the classic "Why can't Superman just resolve X problem?" paradox of super hero comics at the forefront, which writers should normaly avoid like the plague or handwave away. Especialy since it tends to ruin the willing suspension of disbelief of readers.

Basicly you have super heros who thanks to their powers and/or resources should have been able to solve any real world problems within a short time span, but since their world is meant to remain mirroring our own, said problems have to persist and can't be solved unless they are solved in the real world.

Classic example being Superman and the second World War.
    There even was a comic in which the writers showed a "hypothetical" scenario where Superman took the leaders of the Axis powers and dragged them infront of the League of Nations where they were punished for their agressions. Obviously this couldn't happen. So Superman, Captain America and co. had to stay at home and fight spies and saboteurs or fight fictional henchmen or splinter factions, so they can't turn the war for the Axis powers, while leaving the real fighting, logistics and industrial production to the normal man and woman of their nation.

Same goes for climate change, plastic in the ocean, ozone layer destruction, unclean energies and so on.
    Reed Richard, Hank Pym, Riri Williams, Lunella Lafayette, Tony Stark, they all could just snap with their fingers and produce super tech that could resolve all these issues within weeks. But they can't, because they persist in the real world.

So in order to not highlight this obvious law of super hero comic storytelling, a writer who wants to draw attention to these issues and make their readership aware of it, is normaly encouraged to just slip it in subtile or create a fictional element which would make the situation worse if the heros would not use up or sacrifice their powers or tools which could resolve the real world issue. Simply handwaving the obvious question away, while creating an entertaining product that draws a certain amount of attention to it.

Which is not the case here. So all the problems of the paradox are in effect, ruining any commentary that could have been made.

Though the whole Krakoa situation in general has this problem.

If this takes place after Way of X: Onslaught Revelation, it could be a case of "how far the mighty have fallen".
    I’m honestly scratching my head because Duggan included Bobby reforming the polar ice caps in Marauders. Like just continue that story and show mutants using their powers to help the environment if you want to have a Green message. Turning a young girl (and one of many sidelined POC mutants) into a murderer seems counter productive to whatever message he was tryna send (which actually sounds like Duggan).

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed. I feel there's such wasted story potential when it comes to Nature Girl and Krakoa.
    Meh, there are tons of characters with powers similar to her. Sycamore, Miz-tree, Orchid, Dryad, Ramrod, Black Tom, Mondo, Klara Prast, Genesis, Mother Inferior, etc. She is very replaceable.