Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m honestly scratching my head because Duggan included Bobby reforming the polar ice caps in Marauders. Like just continue that story and show mutants using their powers to help the environment if you want to have a Green message. Turning a young girl (and one of many sidelined POC mutants) into a murderer seems counter productive to whatever message he was tryna send (which actually sounds like Duggan).
    Oh how true.
    He could have shown mutants creating clean zones in the oceans, collecting and dissolving plastic into re-usable base components, helping fishes and animals recover, removing oils and fuels (and munitions) from sunken ships at the bottom of the ocean left behind by wars and catastrophies, working with Namor and Atlantis, etc.

And then have them remark while working how they can only do so much by themself, in the areas they are allowed to do so, wishing they could convince the industrial nations to finaly join in aswell and put a stop to the creation of the problem.

Essentialy have the mutants of the nation of Krakoa, put their money where their mouths are again (infact it would also be a good way to show the mutant "civilians" not just sitting around partying all day), while explaining why they can't resolve anything by themself and give a hint at how the real world issue could be solved.

And then in all of this, they could still have a story where Nature Girl, as part of this effort, finds a dead sea turtle at a beach, only to hear a nearby tourist make the "stupid animal" comment (for good measure have others around him clearly uncomfortable about it) and going ballistic at him, while struggeling not to harm him.

In case the killing is supposed to turn out to be manipulation by some other entity (Empath, Mesmero, etc.), show her getting manipulated so the reader knows it's supposed to be an act she would not commit even at her worst, as to maintain her heroic values.

As it stands at the moment it appears clumsely and questionable written and random in it's events and locations.
    Last edited by Grunty; 09-27-2021 at 12:00 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    So correct me if I am wrong. Nature Girl actually talks to animals right? Or is it just influence? If she actually talks to animals to her they might be the eqvulient of children, not necessarily children of hers but children in general. And I dont know about you but that would make saying stupid turtle is to blame for the death and it would the same to nature girl as if the stupid kid. I dont know about you but anyone that said stupid kid in this situation, I would stab them in the neck to regardless of it it my kid or ot. So to us it was a stupid animal but so much more to nature girl.

Never mind all that - the real question is why Nature Girl is hanging out at the beach in a tropical mutant paradise and still wearing a school uniform?

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Really hope this dosent end with her becoming a villans
    I'm hoping for the opposite

Wow, that was all kinds of terrible lol.
    I don't think Duggan bothered to read Cristina Strain's Gen X. Nature Girl was really out of character.
    And of course Wolverine had to show up at some point.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Wow, that was all kinds of terrible lol.
    I don't think Duggan bothered to read Cristina Strain's Gen X. Nature Girl was really out of character.
    And of course Wolverine had to show up at some point.
    I mean this is wolverine and friends so you should expect that

Well it is a young mutant girl who is doing some very extreme choice, possibly going for murderpalooza-mode, of course Wolvie will be involved, is like one of his specific traits
    Wolverine Mentor Time.
    You know raise the effin sword, snikt in the liver, being crucified, the usual...so Nature girl would be eligible to join the "Wolvie sidekick fanclub"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Well it is a young mutant girl who is doing some very extreme choice, possibly going for murderpalooza-mode, of course Wolvie will be involved, is like one of his specific traits
    Wolverine Mentor Time.
    You know raise the effin sword, snikt in the liver, being crucified, the usual...so Nature girl would be eligible to join the "Wolvie sidekick fanclub"
    I mean, I though Jubilee, chamber, or any of her friends would try to help her

I mean, I though Jubilee, chamber, or any of her friends would try to help her
    And break the trope! GASP! Don't you know that the big two run on those!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

Wolvie has always been the go-to when it comes to stopping X-Men crossing the line at all costs. So really nothing new here but even having not read this it feels wildly out of left field for Nature Girl to go to that extreme.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Wolvie has always been the go-to when it comes to stopping X-Men crossing the line at all costs. So really nothing new here but even having not read this it feels wildly out of left field for Nature Girl to go to that extreme.
    It is. She neve was a violent character. It was written to give logan a teaching moment and what leads up to that was secondary or this is building up to her being a full on vilan so we're sad for logan not saving her

The nature of the power though makes Nature Girl have view the Earth as someone dear and humans as parasites. Its really no surprise that she would feel that way. Its like someone mutilating someone you care about on a daily basis.

I think both Dust and Nature Girl have risen on my favourites

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Baron of Faltine View Post
    Wolverine Mentor Time.
    As far as i recall Wolverine's mentor time is usualy towards young woman who are at worst rebellious, but more lost and in need of a big brother/gruff uncle figure. I recall Kitty, Yukio, Jubilee, Armor and Trance (only one short story though).

I exclude X-23 because a. he never had the typical mentor relationship with him and b. she is an artifical offspring for him, so the whole thing went different.

The one time i remember where he made an attempt to do his mentor thing with a young stab happy mutant girl who was doing some very extreme choices, it ended with him getting a bone spike through his throat and nearly cutting her to shreds. So perhaps this would be more Storm's forte.
    Last edited by Grunty; 09-27-2021 at 04:00 PM.

Wolverine likes them rebellious, but not too rebellious.
    Otherwise he stabs them. Ask Rachel and Hope.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The one time i remember where he made an attempt to do his mentor thing with a young stab happy mutant girl who was doing some very extreme choices, it ended with him getting a bone spike through his throat and nearly cutting her to shreds. So perhaps this would be more Storm's forte.
    That was a great issue. Good $#!t.