Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Retired

It doesn't say in the topic title who the "we" are. I assume the "we" are in the U.S.A. But this is an international message board. From here in Canada, I can't think of much I would want to get from the U.S.A. that we don't already get from you guys. It would be nice to have some of those streaming services.

We pay the highest rate of anyone in the world (or so I've heard) for cell phone usage. In Europe, phone charges are low and you can usually get free wi-fi. Free wi-fi would be cool.

While we have universal health care, it's not universal exactly. Powers are divided in Canada between the federal government and the provinces. So medical is something that is administered by the provinces. Each province has to provide health care, but they each have their own plans. The federal government gives money to the provinces to pay for health care, but it's up to the provinces how they spend that money.

As well, in each province you pay a certain amount into the provincial plan--depending on your income level--if you fall below a certain income level, you don't have to pay, but you have to fill out the paperwork each year for that. In some provinces, it might not be anything, but in any case it's never a huge amount. The plans are not the same across the country. In my province, B.C., there's no dental coverage and only optical coverage for certain things. So I would like to borrow a free dental plan from any country that has one. Political parties keep promising this, but it will be just my luck that we finally get dental coverage when all of my teeth have fallen out.

Abortion is covered and it is legal. However, because provinces are in charge of medical, they can determine how many clinics and where they have them. So in some provinces, where governments are not as progressive, they may use that to restrict a woman's rights, by making it very difficult to access abortion services in a timely manner.

Which country is ahead in treatment of the first founding people? Canada is trying, but we still have many places in the country where people are living in third world conditions. They have no clean drinking water and substandard housing. There's also a great deal of violence and racism directed at aboriginal people. This and the environment are the two areas where we need to get our act in gear.

Not to tell the U.S.A. what it should do, but have you ever thought about being officially bilingual? There are a great many Spanish speaking people in your country. In Canada, French and English are the two official languages. Maybe the two official languages in the United States should be Spanish and English.

Mighty Member

Australian five cents small, tens larger

Retired

Canada got rid of the penny, maybe the nickel should be next--although I will miss the beaver if that happens. Beavers are just as a much a symbol of Canada as maple leaves (maple leaves were on the back of the penny). In the days of the fur trade, beaver pelts were currency--so the beaver on the back of the nickel is in recognition of that history (I worked as a historical interpreter at Fort Edmonton for a couple of summers). Maybe we could mint a five dollar coin and put the beaver on the back of that.

As a Canadian, I would like the private health care option that a two tier system like the UK has.

(Keep the public system, but offer citizens more control over their own healthcare with affordable private care)

Our health care system up here is pretty much junk when compared to the quality one gets on a private insurance in other countries. Can't put a price on your health.

Mighty Member

Asian squat toilets

Japanese super toilets with heated seats

Retired

Travelling in Europe, I've always liked the toilets there. You get a door that fully closes. It's like having your own private room. And given I always have stuff to sort out when I'm travelling, such as going through my backpack or changing my shoes--it's nice to have my own little stopping place for all that personal business.

One of my German teachers in Vancouver said she was shocked when she first arrived at the airport here and saw the kind of toilet she had to use. It scared her.

The one thing that's a problem with the public toilets in Europe is always having to have enough coins to put in the tray, before the woman out front let's you go in. That's a hot tip for those planning to go to Europe--best to have some bills and coins in small denominations before you go there--you don't want to be stuck trying to change large money for small.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

If I had to squat or pay to use a toilet, I don't think I'd ever leave my house. I might actually need a hospital if I squatted.

America definitely needs better all-around acceptance of science.

"Borrow" implies we have to give it back. No way, Jose!!
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Mighty Member

Japan, their constitution forbids war

Astonishing Member

I am from Germany and yes, the American toilets are horrible. Privacy isn't a big thing with you, is it?

But I have been to worse, in Spain and France. You have to be one hard ************ to take a dumb on the Highway toilets in those countries lol.

Speed limits are too low. Your streets are soooo big and you cannot drive as fast as your car is able too. What a waste to buy a fast car. I always wondered why somebody would like to buy a Lambo or a Porsche in the US??? You cannot even shift to the third gear, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    I am from Germany and yes, the American toilets are horrible. Privacy isn't a big thing with you, is it?

But I have been to worse, in Spain and France. You have to be one hard ************ to take a dumb on the Highway toilets in those countries lol.

Speed limits are too low. Your streets are soooo big and you cannot drive as fast as your car is able too. What a waste to buy a fast car. I always wondered why somebody would like to buy a Lambo or a Porsche in the US??? You cannot even shift to the third gear, lol.

When ever I think of going to the bathroom in public I think of this video by the great Ryan George (He is from Canada. I would love to borrow him for the day. Have lunch, talk and goof around)

This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    When ever I think of going to the bathroom in public I think of this video by the great Ryan George (He is from Canada. I would love to borrow him for the day. Have lunch, talk and goof around)

Funny video. Reminds me a bit of Monty Python from the style alone.

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Funny video. Reminds me a bit of Monty Python from the style alone.
    This guy has so many videos. And his Movie Pitch Meetings are top notch.!
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

As a UK citizen, I would like a Government that has any credibility at all. I guess at least they are good at handing out massive amounts of taxpayer's money to their doners, while claiming the coffers are empty when it comes to social programmes and infrastructure.

Mighty Member

Street barbers (Vietnam). Guy with a couple of chairs, shaver and scissors. Only costs a couple of dollars

Astonishing Member

Santa Muerte festivities.