Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

There is also that short time when Doctor Fate was a woman. Doctor Fate's (Kent Nelson) wife Inza took up the title for a while.

Astonishing Member

Few of those charcters still don't exist anymore on Earth 0.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    There is also that short time when Doctor Fate was a woman. Doctor Fate's (Kent Nelson) wife Inza took up the title for a while.

Loooved William Messner-Loebs Dr. Fate! I never would have thought of this switch, but add Inza to my list of preferred replacements.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Jade taking over for Kyle in the late nineties.
    Assassinate Putin!

Ultimate Member

I was a fan of Yolanda before Ted.

I wish we could have had them together in Johns' JSA, hope we get to see them together in the future

Extraordinary Member

Pretty interesting episode of stargirl last night. Especially for Beth.

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Came across this DC in-house ad…

…and thought to myself “wow I’d forgotten all about her”. Which is why the thread.

How many female legacies have there been?
    And though I said JSA I’m okay w. other heroes from that era.
    I can think of,

Jonni Thunder

Dr. Mid-Nite (Beth Chapel)

Wildcat (Yolanda Montez)

Judo Master (Sonia Sato)

Crimson Avenger (Jill Carlyle)

Jesse Quick (Jesse Chambers)
    she replaced her dad AND her mom.

Stargirl (Courtney Whitmore)
    She replaced Starman AND Star Spangled Kid.

Did I miss any? Do you like them? What’s their status?
    Jonni- I prefer Jakeem for as far as the Thunders go.

Dr. Midnight & Wildcat (Beth & Yolanda) - I never read the original Infinity Inc run, so I have no connection to these two characters. I prefer Pieter or Charles as Midnight & Grant as Wildcat.

Judo Master - I didn't even know she had been on the JSA as Judo Master is a Charlton character, so I don't have an opinion on it either way.

Crimson Avenger (Jill) - A character who should just stay in the 40's, who should strictly be non metahuman/magical and use normal guns. (I don't like the whole non lethal red energy thing they did with the guns, comes off as too kiddy) Otherwise not bothered if they use Jill or the original

Jesse Quick - I'm old enough to remember Johnny Quick, so he would be my preference....but pretty much every original All Star Squadron & JSA member seems destined for replacement, so no biggie.

Stargirl - I don't mind her, I kind of liked Star Spangled Kid though, for if memory serves me correct, he was more of a street fighting character.
    Last edited by Captain Nostalgia; 09-30-2021 at 06:23 PM.

Did Jonni Thunder really replace Johnny Thunder? She never joined the JSA on any earth, and as far as I know, she and Johnny never even met.

Crimson Avenger - Jill Carlyle. She was in the Johns run of JSA, but I don't think she was a member of the group.

^^^thanks for replying!
    So, Courtney replaced a Starman of a Starman (of a Starman if you count Jack’s brother David)!

Red Tornado’s the opposite of what I was looking for, and a super rare example of a male character taking on a female character’s identity come to think of it.

I knew about the male Dr. Mid-Nite and Tomcat, but was more interested in the female legacies.

Speaking of, I recalled earlier that Firebrand applies here…:

In-universe the male FB (Roy) was injured during the attack on Pearl Harbor and his sister Danette took up the FB mantle from him.

There was also Power Boy when it comes to a male becoming a legacy character of a female character. Power Boy never was a member of the JSA, but he's one of the most glorious DC Comics creations of the past 50 years! Look at the boob window!!!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timber Wolf-By-Night View Post
    Did Jonni Thunder really replace Johnny Thunder? She never joined the JSA on any earth, and as far as I know, she and Johnny never even met.
    Johnny's only met one character connected to his character, come to think of it. He's got a Native American kid out there that's not been around in a long while

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    There was also Power Boy when it comes to a male becoming a legacy character of a female character. Power Boy never was a member of the JSA, but he's one of the most glorious DC Comics creations of the past 50 years! Look at the boob window!!!!!

The first time I ever ran across this character was the issue he died in.
    That saved me some time.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Johnny's only met one character connected to his character, come to think of it. He's got a Native American kid out there that's not been around in a long while
    Wait, he has a what now?

Ultimate Member

Wait, he has a what now?
    Johnny's bi-racial son was introduced in the forgotten DC comic Primal Force. Johnny knew about him apparently, but wasn't a part of his life because of the trouble it would have brought him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Johnny's bi-racial son was introduced in the forgotten DC comic Primal Force. Johnny knew about him apparently, but wasn't a part of his life because of the trouble it would have brought him.
    Wow, that’s a new one on me. Thanks for the lowdown!

Retired

Re Johnny Thunder, I forgot to mention Peachy Pet. Before Dinah Drake ousted Johnny from his feature, Peachy threatened to do the same. She was his daughter--by adoption supposedly--but she never was a J.S.A. member, although she made appearances in ALL-STAR COMICS.

I recall an old fan theory that Johnny had fathered many children all across the country. Given his stupidity and his ability to get anything he wished for, it makes sense that Johnny was impregnating women without realizing the consequences of his actions. Peachy might have been the result of Johnny's carelessness and therefore his biological daughter and not just some girl he adopted for no reason.