Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I would love a Punisher series but unfortunately thanks to people like my neighbor who has in his truck a Trump sticker, a punisher skull and the saying, "we by the people are pissed", we dont have any, well because of them. yeah I live in a South Fl neighborhood
    Yeah, I was going to add the same thing. Unfortunately the Punisher skull logo as been adopted by some Qanon types and this is probably what has Disney skittish. I've seen the bumper stickers too in my area but without the slogan. They mostly have the skull symbol but with that messy shock of Trump hair.

I'm pretty sure most of them that have the bumper sticker probably never read the comics and just have adopted it for their own purposes. I always wondered if Disney isn't raising a ruckus about using what is probably a copyrighted symbol without permission because they don't want to give it any unwanted publicity/notoriety associated with the character. Co-creator Gerry Conway is not too thrilled about this development
    The Salon, among other publications, covered the origins of this a couple of years ago The Punisher Skull: Unofficial logo of white American Death Cult

Chris Kyle, deceased Navy SEAL sniper and patron saint of the American death cult, wrote about the celebration of the skull in his memoir, “American Sniper”: “We all thought what the Punisher did was cool. He righted wrongs. He killed bad guys. He made wrongdoers fear him. We spray-painted the Punisher skull on our Hummers and body armor, and our helmets and all our guns. And we spray-painted it on every building or wall we could. We wanted people to know, We’re here and we want to f**k with you.”

The beauty of Kyle’s prose could bring a tear to the reader’s eyes. Gerry Conway, the Punisher’s co-creator, is crying tears not of joy, but of anger and disappointment. Responding to the late Kyle’s praise of his character, Conway said, “I don’t think he understood the fundamental truth that the Punisher is not a man to admire or emulate.”

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Yeah, I was going to add the same thing. Unfortunately the Punisher skull logo as been adopted by some Qanon types and this is probably what has Disney skittish. I've seen the bumper stickers too in my area but without the slogan. They mostly have the skull symbol but with that messy shock of Trump hair.

I'm pretty sure most of them that have the bumper sticker probably never read the comics and just have adopted it for their own purposes. I always wondered if Disney isn't raising a ruckus about using what is probably a copyrighted symbol without permission because they don't want to give it any unwanted publicity/notoriety associated with the character. Co-creator Gerry Conway is not too thrilled about this development
    The Salon, among other publications, covered the origins of this a couple of years ago The Punisher Skull: Unofficial logo of white American Death Cult
    I think versions of the Punisher presented a different take than what Conway may have intended, and based on how many people just like villains in general (and half of the shady heroes) I am not sure it is fair to single out that one person who probably saw things most of us could not imagine.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I would love a Punisher series but unfortunately thanks to people like my neighbor who has in his truck a Trump sticker, a punisher skull and the saying, "we by the people are pissed", we dont have any, well because of them. yeah I live in a South Fl neighborhood
    What a stupid statement. The Punisher isn’t PC right now for you woke snowflakes. They’ll go back to ‘mercy’ bullets if anything and neuter the character, or sideline him altogether like TPTB are.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

I think it's partly that and the fact it's it probably just too impossible to keep track of all the bootlegs out there. I remember a time in the early-mid 90's when I couldn't leave the house without seeing someone in a clearly unauthorized Simpsons or Looney Tunes T-Shirt.

I'd like an ongoing series written by Christopher Priest. Get a top notch artist.
    thematically it can be heavily introspective, like the Deathstroke series.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'd like an ongoing series written by Christopher Priest. Get a top notch artist.
    OMG! That would be Awesome!! I'd even settle for some dark humor similar to Garth Ennis!!!

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-29-2021 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Jely4me View Post
    What a stupid statement. The Punisher isn’t PC right now for you woke snowflakes. They’ll go back to ‘mercy’ bullets if anything and neuter the character, or sideline him altogether like TPTB are.
    And you are the reason The Punisher is sidelined. Thanks.

Snowflakes? Grow up man. Learn a better word or term for people that you disagree with.

Go back to watching Fox news and still thinking America was great while we had that freak as a president.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    And you are the reason The Punisher is sidelined. Thanks.

Snowflakes? Grow up man. Learn a better word or term for people that you disagree with.

Go back to watching Fox news and still thinking America was great while we had that freak as a president.
    And you're also the problem. Responding that way. That's the division right there in a nutshell... *slowclap*

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    And you're also the problem. Responding that way. That's the division right there in a nutshell... *slowclap*
    Ya call me the problem all you want. I don't wear my Punisher t shirts while hating on people and spreading hate. I have a Punisher logo on my car...its not there because I want to show how much I love America or what side of the political line I'm on. I have the logo on my car because I love Frank Castle and have been a fan since I was born. What a certain side of political opinions has done with the Punisher logo and more is awful.

You gonna call me a snowflake as well? Please by all mean go ahead I have thicker skin than most.

I miss having a Punisher comic every month and because of right wing freaks we don't have one and may not have one for a long time.

End rant.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Punisher will be back. He's not the first big character to take a siesta.
    Thor didn't have a title for a few years back mid-2000s.
    Doctor Strange has had gaps of a few years w/o titles.
    Even Iron Man has had time frames w/o a title.

I'm sure we could think of other examples

Frank will be back
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    Punisher will be back. He's not the first big character to take a siesta.
    Thor didn't have a title for a few years back mid-2000s.
    Doctor Strange has had gaps of a few years w/o titles.
    Even Iron Man has had time frames w/o a title.

I'm sure we could think of other examples

Frank will be back
    I hope your right. I really miss him.

Extraordinary Member

Anyone remember when Deadpool had 5 titles at any given time, was not that long ago.

Anyone notice Deadpool has 0 titles right now.

I personally just want a 'good' book, and while I know that others enjoy different things, a book I don't like with a character I do like is almost worse than no book at all. Again, I know, selfish but I cannot remember the last time Punisher was in a book I thought looked worth picking up.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Punisher vs Barracuda, right? Solicited pre-COVID. Didn't end up getting published.
    Barracuda was written by Brisson, not Aaron

Astonishing Member

They should have Frank come out and change the color scheme of the skull to a rainbow. That'll piss off all the right people.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Damn I would love to read that!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/