Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Garcia wants to give one BIPoC an authentic voice but not the other, who needs authentic voices for other reasons, simply because DC wants to pretend Damian's white to their mainstream audience.
    It might not be that simple.

One has been more vocal than the other.

Folks toss that word authentic around way too much.

Black folks like everyone else is not a monolith.

Too many black writers want to prove blackness and insert mess instead of just writing a story.

Kami needs to do the Cyborg book or assist whoever she wants. Because someone could say how do you want Cyborg to have that BIPOC writer and not do the same for Jason, Dick, Raven and Garth? You set yourself up for a trap that you don't need to set.

Oh for those who have Target app-you can use the Target circle coupon of 20% off on books to ORDER (since DC OGNS are NOT sold in Target) to get the book. Mine only costed me $14 and should be here Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, they have some things in common, although it sounds like Damian doesn't resort to outright murder this time around.
    Damian pushing Tim of the Dino isn't the reason why tim interacts with Damian the way he does past batman and Son
    It's not why Tim's resentment and coldness towards lingered for so long [and still does if we are to believe BvR].

We've seen how Tim interacts with the other brother who tried to kill him more times than Damian.

Tim and Damian for a while viewed each other as rivals. They envy each other and they have the same insecurities regarding their place in the family.

That's why Tim handled Damian the way he did. Dick Grayson doesn't view Damian as a rival. He doesn't envy or feel threatened by Damian so his interactions with Damian will not be the same as Tim's.
    Last edited by dietrich; 03-08-2023 at 08:31 PM.

Curious so far out of the four we have where do you rank this one out of the series. So here is Dick's robin costume. It makes en wonder if all the other heroes get their own costumes. And here is what Bruce and the family do

6421D889-0EE0-4600-A406-FDEEE9F0EAB9.jpg

BC05CD33-C830-4D11-9BAF-E65ABF86EE39.jpg
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 03-08-2023 at 10:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    Damian pushing Tim of the Dino isn't the reason why tim interacts with Damian the way he does past batman and Son
    It's not why Tim's resentment and coldness towards lingered for so long [and still does if we are to believe BvR].

We've seen how Tim interacts with the other brother who tried to kill him more times than Damian.

Tim and Damian for a while viewed each other as rivals. They envy each other and they have the same insecurities regarding their place in the family.

That's why Tim handled Damian the way he did. Dick Grayson doesn't view Damian as a rival. He doesn't envy or feel threatened by Damian so his interactions with Damian will not be the same as Tim's.
    As far as I'm remembering it Tim tried to be open to Damian before Damian tried to kill him, and then the next thing he knows he loses Bruce and Dick wants Damian to be Robin and Tim basically bails to go find Bruce.

Yeah, I feel like it's pretty believable the two had an icy dynamic.

Robin is selling very well. I won't be surprised if Starfire does the same .

BF01F1FC-EE9E-4C2B-B98D-6AD5E4D2C18D.jpg

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Robin is selling very well. I won't be surprised if Starfire does the same .

BF01F1FC-EE9E-4C2B-B98D-6AD5E4D2C18D.jpg
    All the books in this series have sold very well - the one series in the entire YA OGN line that has been an absolute slam dunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    All the books in this series have sold very well - the one series in the entire YA OGN line that has been an absolute slam dunk.
    To be fair titans generally does well outside their main run. Beast Boy loves Raven is still on the top five Dc graphic novels despite it being released two years ago. I'm kind of curious if Kami and Picolo could do well I was going to say a cannon run but with the way they are working a black label run could be interesting
    91357042-7BFF-4350-A3B7-30DEA29EAEB9.jpg

Fantastic Member

As far as I'm remembering it Tim tried to be open to Damian before Damian tried to kill him, and then the next thing he knows he loses Bruce and Dick wants Damian to be Robin and Tim basically bails to go find Bruce.

You're forgetting the Resurrection of Ra's al Ghul in the middle. It's fair, all Tim fans remember about that is Ra's saying he could choose either Tim or Damian. Which is bizarre as the story at multiple points establishs that only a close relative will work, and specifically Damian will work. Tim fans also tend to forget Tim going after Damian as soon as he arrives, and Tim's cold blooded decision to let a ten year old Damian die if it meant he could study the Lazarus Pits.

But we did learn that Dick's sad eyes are one of the most powerful forces in the universe! No one is capable of withstanding the force of Dick's "I will always love you unconditionally, but I am disappointed and betrayed by this decision" look. I'm pretty sure it would work on Trigin or Darkseid if Dick tried it.

The only other YA I see people talk about is Superman smashes the clan
    Hey guys we missed something a nightwing design so maybe even in Starfire's book or Nightwing loves Starfire we get nightwing ?

E8AD9DBF-2E47-4AFB-A155-9769DA832A68.jpg
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 03-10-2023 at 09:53 PM.

Well, they have some things in common, although it sounds like Damian doesn't resort to outright murder this time around.

I mean Dick isn't like Tim [not just personality wise] in the sense of his role and how he views the situation. This isn't a rivalry.
    In this situation [Damian and Dick] only one party is harbouring feelings of insecurity and resentment.

Yes Damian attacked Tim.
    Damian also saved Tim's life. Shouldn't that have affected how Tim treated/viewed Damian.
    Tim has also attacked Damian more times than the other way around so he doesn't have the moral high ground.

Tim has never tried to be open to Damian. Not once.

He said hello to him that's it.
    Right from the start, Tim harboured ill feelings towards Damian.

Those feelings are why even after Damian saved his life Tim still was seething with hate.
    Why after Damian was already working with Dick, Tim was still itching to kicK his arse.
    Tim's reaction to Damian's verbal taunts is always to hit him.

Tim really really wanted to hurt Damian. He takes every opportunity to do so.

Tim is a hero. They get attacked however the Bat family believes in redemption. That's why they don't kill. That's why they save people. People like Damian. people like Clayface, like Cass.

Tim makes no attempt to consider the emotions that led to the kid lashing out. Finally meeting his dad and coming face to face with one of the sons his father choose and raised.

It's why he internalised Dick giving Damian Robin as a him or me thing focusing on his own loss.
    Disregarding Damian's loss, disregarding the position Dick was in, disregarding Dick's loss and disregarding what was priority at the time.

There is a child here who has lost his parents and who is trying to turn his life around. This child saved your life.
    You are supposed to be a Hero Tim. Act like one.
    I fined it interesting that whenever it comes to Damian, Tim forgets he's a hero and turns into a childish mess or a close mined bully.

Dick wasn't fond of Damian when they first met but because he was in a position where he had to save Damian [They met in the resurrection of ra's] he had a different role. He viewed Damian differently.

Dick is also more openminded, emotionally aware, mature and more stable than Tim so he was always going to interact differently from Tim.

Tim has a tendency to ignore the feelings of others [fails to read the room] so he was always bound to clash with a character like Damian who masks' making him too complex for Tim to read.

There so many reason why Dick would never react the way Tim did but this getting too long.

Hey guys we missed something a nightwing design so maybe even in Starfire's book or Nightwing loves Starfire we get nightwing ?

I guess I'd have to see the finished look but I'm not too impressed. I might have been spoiled by Picolo that now my standards are too high

Ultimate Member

Well that might have more to do with that being one of the few DC OGNS that most stores (not Barnes & Nobles) actually have on shelf versus needing to order online.

So folks can get access to that book faster than others.

And it's a book that mentions the Klan-that will get you noticed. Although I do find it FUNNY it's not one of the books many are trying to get banned.

At least as far as I have seen books listed as banned in school districts or challenged-I don't see it let alone any DC book. Which again is funny considering Nubia & Aqualad are LGBTQA+ and the artist for Aqualad has almost all their work on ban lists.

Primer looks to be as successful as the TT range. It's hasn't left the charts since it came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Primer looks to be as successful as the TT range. It's hasn't left the charts since it came out.
    Yea and it's getting a sequel featuring the titans. They look closer to their 03 designs

0668133C-3C97-48F5-B2F6-4C336950B790.jpg
    9CEBA869-28B0-4B62-A815-4CEF75421B30.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Well that might have more to do with that being one of the few DC OGNS that most stores (not Barnes & Nobles) actually have on shelf versus needing to order online.

So folks can get access to that book faster than others.

And it's a book that mentions the Klan-that will get you noticed. Although I do find it FUNNY it's not one of the books many are trying to get banned.

At least as far as I have seen books listed as banned in school districts or challenged-I don't see it let alone any DC book. Which again is funny considering Nubia & Aqualad are LGBTQA+ and the artist for Aqualad has almost all their work on ban lists.

I don't know if that's 100% true has I remember when a lot of people where talking about Harley Quinn novel. And I know many didn't like Nubia one. Not only that but at least in my area all of the YA have come out and they were hot for a bit but nothing after a month even less at times. I seen the Harley Quinn more than the others
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 03-11-2023 at 08:17 PM.

Yea and it's getting a sequel featuring the titans. They look closer to their 03 designs
    Was curious about the original, but never got around to it.

(Thought there was some chatter about Anti/Hero getting a sequel, too, but not seeing it now.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)