Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Wait, did Beast Boy Loves Raven already come out?

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Konja7 View Post
    The author will likely ignore/erase the part about Dick's mom calling Dick as Robin (if they even know). They will likely focus on Robin being Batman's partner.

After all, OGNs are a totally new continuity, so the authors don't need to stick to the origins of the Identities in continuity.

For example: Batman doesn't exist in "the Shadow of Batgirl" book.
    jesus that would be the worst. Over on the Damian thread i mentioned my worries that the dynamic between Dick and Damian might be altered in this.

The scenario you suggest is even worse. Hopefully that's not the case. That takes away from Dick and from Robin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    That was just to make a point. With Dick Robin isn’t a legacy yet, but his creation. Which is something that is pretty consistent even with different continuities on the basis of him being the first.
    They will likely focus on Robin being Batman's partner. So, Bruce will likely give the suit to Damian too.

As I said, it's quite common to change things in OGNs.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    They did one of him before he was Robin at the circus,
    This book has big changes. Dick was planning to go to College at the end of the story (and his parents are alive), while there isn't hint that he will become Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    jesus that would be the worst. Over on the Damian thread i mentioned my worries that the dynamic between Dick and Damian might be altered in this.

The scenario you suggest is even worse. Hopefully that's not the case. That takes away from Dick and from Robin.
    I mentioned "Shadow of Batgirl" book, because Batgirl identity being inspired by Batman is pretty consistent in every continuity, but Batman doesn't exist in the continuity of that OGN.

In "Shadow of Batgirl", Batgirl was an exclusive idea of Barbara (curiously, she seems to be inspired by her mother).
    Last edited by Konja7; 09-28-2021 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Are we sure it’s Dick there?
    The writer confirmed it is him.

https://twitter.com/kamigarcia/statu...79379847434241

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Wait, did Beast Boy Loves Raven already come out?
    Yes, today actually.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Yes, today actually.
    Okay, thanks.

I think it's pretty clear to me that Dick and Damian are both Robin here because the book is probably going to be about both of them and their sibling relationship.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post

Yes, today actually.
    I feel like I've been hearing about that book FOREVER. It just came out?!

Incredible Member

Well, Damian doesn't seem to be Robin in BB loves Raven, his sweatshirt has a D on it, not an R.

So in the upcoming Robin book, they could actually show Dick giving him the mantle and becoming Nightwing, or them sharing it, or even Damian having a mantle of his own or staying Damian. Anyway, it doesn't seem like Damian sees the Robin mantle as his own or even wants to be Robin. So no need for rivalry here.

Kami Gracia and Picolo just had an interview, and they were asked about the Robin book -

Interviewer : Lastly, I want to talk about the future of this series. How does Damian Wayne's arrival lead into the upcoming Robin story? And how exciting is it to expand this universe even more?

"Kami Garcia: It's incredibly cool. And the one thing that's different is I didn't have this incorporated in the original picture. That was really me and Gabriel and the editors being like, "If we're going to do more of them, and it's not going to just be a couple Titans, then we can't leave Dick out." He's an important character. But also, I didn't want to not have Damian because he feels like he needs to be in the Titans too. How do we include both of those in a way that work and is also interesting to read, in terms of dynamics?
    Gabriel Picolo: I absolutely love Dick Grayson, so I am very excited for him to be in the next one. Very, very excited."

https://screenrant.com/beast-boy-rav...briel-piccolo/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    So in the upcoming Robin book, they could actually show Dick giving him the mantle and becoming Nightwing, or them sharing it, or even Damian having a mantle of his own or staying Damian. Anyway, it doesn't seem like Damian sees the Robin mantle as his own or even wants to be Robin. So no need for rivalry here.
    I'm pretty sure there will be rivalry at some level. It just seems pretty unlikely they would avoid that drama when Dick and Damian are so close on age.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

I'm pretty sure there will be rivalry at some level. It just seems pretty unlikely they would avoid that drama when Dick and Damian are so close on age.
    The conflict doesn't have to come from the leads. It could be the leads coming together to overcome.

Astonishing Member

Damian looks a bit younger than Dick.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Damian looks a bit younger than Dick.
    He certainly is

So Garcia basically just wanted to do Dick and Damian, more or less.

It's going to focus on them as brothers.

Generally with Elsewhere books the writers have a lot more freedom than the regular comics.Since there was artwork of Starfire, Raven and Cybrog recently but that could just separate from the book. Most likely Dick will be Robin but then be Nightwing. I wonder if they will have the other Robins then again. Tim and Damian are really the only robins who joined the Titans
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 09-28-2021 at 11:59 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I feel like I've been hearing about that book FOREVER. It just came out?!
    Well it was among Amazon's top 100 the moment pre-orders started like Beast Boy's did for an entire year.

Mine is coming tomorrow from Target.