Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default Teen Titans: Robin by Kami Garcia and Gabriel Picolo

https://twitter.com/thedcnation/stat...43884908040192

Really no details besides the DC Nation twitter account tweeting out the cover - Garcia/Picolo's Teen Titans books are the best selling of all the YA OGNs by far so no surprise DC is looking to keep that streak going.
    Last edited by Hypo; 09-27-2021 at 06:10 PM.

Bruh! This really is Damian's year! Let's fucking GOOOOOO!

Interesting that they choose to have two Robins in this.

DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Why do I think we're getting a Starfire GN next and then we'll get a "Robin loves Starfire" GN crossover?

Interesting that they're using Dick and Damian together as Robin.

Also, for the Constantine one, is that Black Canary on the left and Zatanna on the left or OC's?

Aaaaaaand comics twitter is already throwing a fit about the half white kid not being super dark skinned. Sometimes I really think people forget who Damian's father is and the entire gamut of skin tones that biracial people come in. I'm just satisfied with him being noticeably tanner than Dick.

I don't understand why Dick and Damian are both Robin in this. That feels weird. Like just having it be Dick as Robin feels like it would be enough? Since the OGNs are so heavily focusing on the NTT era characters from the cartoon with the Raven and Beast Boy OGNs from before. So just Dick makes sense. I don't really understand what having both Dick and Damian being Robin accomplishes because it feels like it just takes away from Robin having two be it at the same time. Maybe there is some mandate that DC didn't want the Robin to just be Dick because Damian is the current Robin. So they had to include Damian as well to make sure people are aware he is Robin too? I dunno, just feels kind of weird.

How interesting.. Despite I can´t understand why Dick seems a Robin too at this point.

Or maybe we will see him later as Nightwing in the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Interesting that they choose to have two Robins in this.

I don't mind Dick and Damian together in this. Damian is robin in Training i guess.

Unlike Raven and BB, Dick now moved on to a new persona but it's important to show the origin of Robin.

Quote Originally Posted by Badou View Post
    I don't understand why Dick and Damian are both Robin in this. That feels weird. Like just having it be Dick as Robin feels like it would be enough? Since the OGNs are so heavily focusing on the NTT era characters from the cartoon with the Raven and Beast Boy OGNs from before. So just Dick makes sense. I don't really understand what having both Dick and Damian being Robin accomplishes because it feels like it just takes away from Robin having two be it at the same time. Maybe there is some mandate that DC didn't want the Robin to just be Dick because Damian is the current Robin. So they had to include Damian as well to make sure people are aware he is Robin too? I dunno, just feels kind of weird.
    This makes sense.

Dc likes to mix it up with Robins on teams. Dick with YJ and Tim with half the NTT and Damian with the quartet of eternal Teens Gar, BB and Star.

Sometimes it works out [Dick in YJ] Hope it works out here

Yeah, I think its to have a bridge between classic Titans and new generation.

Incredible Member

The writer explained it wasn't a DC mandate to include Damian in the book and added that he's tied to the BB loves Raven book.

damian robin.jpg

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    The writer explained it wasn't a DC mandate to include Damian in the book and added that he's tied to the BB loves Raven book.

damian robin.jpg
    Graet to hear they weren't forced to include him. It's always best when writers aren't boxed in or forced to compromise.

Can't wait for this. Haven't read Beast boy loves Raven yet but Checked iut the Raven and BB standalones

Are we sure it’s Dick there?

Quote Originally Posted by dietrich View Post
    This makes sense.

Dc likes to mix it up with Robins on teams. Dick with YJ and Tim with half the NTT and Damian with the quartet of eternal Teens Gar, BB and Star.

Sometimes it works out [Dick in YJ] Hope it works out here
    DC doesn’t really like to mix it up. They just make odd decisions to satisfy inconsistent whims. The Young Justice show is it’s own thing. It’s not an adaptation of Tim’s YJ, but a show about DC’s young generation that started with first incarnations. It was something the comic side of DC had little influence over. The other examples is just DC’s comic side trying to stick the current Robin in popular previous incarnations to try and market them with a nostalgia rub. It doesn’t really make sense, and ends up just being a half measure that undermines both nostalgia and new.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 09-28-2021 at 03:18 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Are we sure it’s Dick there?
    It wasn't confirmed by the writer, but in articles about the book Dick is mentioned (of course, it could be just speculations, but if starfire is planned to appear, Dick makes more sense)
    https://www.ign.com/articles/dc-ya-g...in-constantine
    https://comicbook.com/dc/news/dc-ann...raphic-novels/