Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    If that's how DC decides movies to make then where is my dceased movie?
    Probably in the works.

Fantastic Member

I don't think DC cares.

If DC is picking based on book success then DCeased, Metal and 3 Jokers should be on their way.

BB loves raven should have been out last year and Harley: breaking Glass should have gotten a movie not Supersons.

Not that I would mind a movie based on this TT series/universe.
    Neither Beast Boy nor Raven can make it rain like Damian can. Harley Quinn can, but even her cartoon had Damian added in to bring the rain.

Which is fair: I only watched the episodes with Damian in them and I have HBO Max.

I haven't watched any of the Suicide Squad movies or Harley Quinn, or even Batman which tells the algorithms exactly what it needs to know about my interests.

Money speaks. And we're talking bestseller on individual preorders.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    I'd go for a film adaptation of the series, although, seeing how the earlier books are mostly slice-of-life, maybe a looser adaptation would work better?
    That approach works.

Quote Originally Posted by Arctic Cyclist View Post
    Neither Beast Boy nor Raven can make it rain like Damian can. Harley Quinn can, but even her cartoon had Damian added in to bring the rain.

Which is fair: I only watched the episodes with Damian in them and I have HBO Max.

I haven't watched any of the Suicide Squad movies or Harley Quinn, or even Batman which tells the algorithms exactly what it needs to know about my interests.

Money speaks. And we're talking bestseller on individual preorders.
    I don't think we can compare Damian to Harley. I know stuff like his DC vs Vampire one shot performed better than hers but in outside media, I doubt Damian can hold a touch to her.

I'm glad the book is doing so well just on pre-orders alone. DC messed up big time with the Supersons YA novel.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think we can compare Damian to Harley. I know stuff like his DC vs Vampire one shot performed better than hers but in outside media, I doubt Damian can hold a touch to her.
    Harley comis sales have in general dropped pretty massivly in the last years.

She is not selling the numbers they reached during the Amanda Conner Jimmy Palmiotti run.

But comics sales is some cases don't correlate with the success in other media.

While Harley comic sales are down I feel like she has broken out to mainstream a bit and random person is more likely to recognize her than Damian or many other DC's characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Harley comis sales have in general dropped pretty massivly in the last years.

She is not selling the numbers they reached during the Amanda Conner Jimmy Palmiotti run.

But comics sales is some cases don't correlate with the success in other media.
    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    While Harley comic sales are down I feel like she has broken out to mainstream a bit and random person is more likely to recognize her than Damian or many other DC's characters.
    Yeah, I love Damian but he isn't on the same level as Harley Quinn.

They might recognize his Robin look, but maybe not which Robin he is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    absolutley she is a household name along with the trinity at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    absolutley she is a household name along with the trinity at this point
    In the case of the DCEU, she might as well be one of the movie's trinity (I think the three movie characters that seem to have the most traction so far are Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, and maybe Peacemaker. I think Superman and Batman were well cast, but hamstrung by the writing in their earliest movies.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    In the case of the DCEU, she might as well be one of the movie's trinity (I think the three movie characters that seem to have the most traction so far are Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, and maybe Peacemaker. I think Superman and Batman were well cast, but hamstrung by the writing in their earliest movies.)
    No.
    Both Batmen, Superman, Joker, Ww and Aquaman/Harley in that order. The writing for the earliest movies didn't put a dent in Batman's popularity with the mainstream and while Supes took a dent, it doesn't mean that he is now less popular than Harley.

It takes more than a couple of divisive films to erase love/interest in characters as beloved and as ingrained in pop culture as Bats and Supes.

No.
    Both Batmen, Superman, Joker, Ww and Aquaman/Harley in that order. The writing for the earliest movies didn't put a dent in Batman's popularity with the mainstream and while Supes took a dent, it doesn't mean that he is now less popular than Harley.

It takes more than a couple of divisive films to erase love/interest in characters as beloved and as ingrained in pop culture as Bats and Supes.
    I meant just the DCEU itself, not the franchise as a whole.

The Henry Cavil Superman and Batfleck were well-liked as actors playing the characters, but their movies and writing for them were not (in all the chaos of the Snyder Cut, it seems to be forgotten just how much of a joke BvS is). The Joker movie wasn't DCEU and the Jared Leto version that was was reviled. Aquaman got a pretty well-received movie, but I'm not sure he's become a superstar yet.

Wonder Woman and Harley being the earliest MVPs is pretty self-evident. Peacemaker came from one of the best received movies in the series to date and got a hit spin-off show (bear in mind how this happened off a flop, yet WB cannot seem to make a Superman sequel).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Pre ordered at my nearest comic shop. The art in this series is fire. I especially like how he draws Dick Grayson so I expect I'm going to be spoilt with this one.

Extraordinary Member

No.

This is not true and hasn’t been for a long time
    Harley Quinn debuted in cinema only months after long-standing trinity memeber wonderwoman
    Her comcis book sales while down at the moment still are better then WW and of course she has what WW never has had an animated series.

HQ is nearly as much public icon in media thease days as WW and even more so she is ALLOWED to be an icon in For LGBTQ where that part of Diana more or less gets buried.
    8D77BEB6-5024-4D1B-A3F0-7EC712416F82.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    This is not true and hasn’t been for a long time
    Harley Quinn debuted in cinema only months after long-standing trinity memeber wonderwoman
    Her comcis book sales while down at the moment still are better then WW and of course she has what WW never has had an animated series.

HQ is nearly as much public icon in media thease days as WW and even more so she is ALLOWED to be an icon in For LGBTQ where that part of Diana more or less gets buried.
    8D77BEB6-5024-4D1B-A3F0-7EC712416F82.jpg
    Harley Quinn is under the Batman umbrella. That gives her a very high floor for success. All the hard work in establishing the franchise with characters like Batman and Joker was done before she existed as a character. Wonder Woman is an independent franchise and really the only female franchise from mainstream comics. So I feel like the two operate in a very different space. Wonder Woman has her own setting, villains, and supporting characters unique to her while Harley's are all taken from Batman's mythos.

So while Harley I think is a huge success for DC, especially in selling merch, where in some metrics she beats Wonder Woman I feel like it is tough to compare them. Since one operates on an individual level and the other on a franchise one.