Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

As a horny teenager, Goblin Queen was one of my favorite characters.

Astonishing Member

Did Marvel ever do anything with the mutant babies that showed up in X-Terminator's Inferno mini?

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Did Marvel ever do anything with the mutant babies that showed up in X-Terminator's Inferno mini?
    They're on Krakoa I believe. Can't remember which book mentioned them, or the context... maybe Planet Sized?
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Zeb Wells did a story about them in his New Mutants run (around 2010 I think) where they have been grown up somehow and used by the government. Not sure what happened to them after that.

I believe some popped up in the New Mutants series Vol 3, but those were the ones that fell in the portal. I’m not certain about the ones saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Louise is amazing.

What I don’t get is how anyone can dare blame Jean for anything that happened to Madelyne. She was so considerate of her since the moment she found out about her. It blows my mind.

And the levels of grace and empathy Louise imbued her with were supernatural. Chiiile, if you came after my parents the way Madelyne did Jean’s, you would be done for.
    Scott is so smarmy
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 09-28-2021 at 11:09 PM.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Scott us do smarmy
    To be fair, she's giving some mixed signals in that scene.

Mentioning dying together and saying that she thought they would have a girl probably confused him.

That being said, his expression in that last panel could make for a great meme. He seems lost there.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Extraordinary Member

The New Mutants turned the Inferno babies over to the US government, who instead of giving them back to their families decided to use them as weapons. They experimented on the children to open another portal to Limbo and sent a force of troops to establish a base and raise the babies there to be living weapons. Because time flows faster in Limbo the babies were 20 at the time of Fall of the New Mutants and indoctrinated to follow General Ulysses in all matters. They were all killed with the exception of Face at the end of the story by Sam and Dani.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    To be fair, she's giving some mixed signals in that scene.

Mentioning dying together and saying that she thought they would have a girl probably confused him.

That being said, his expression in that last panel could make for a great meme. He seems lost there.
    They're both giving mixed signals because that's how they feel: trying to do the right thing, wanting to do the right thing but desperate to do the wrong one because they still love each other.

It's so tiring that people judge these characters from the perspective and the expectation that they should be perfect. What makes them so interesting and the writing so compelling is that they're *not* perfect. Yes, sometimes they get angry and are unfair and make mistakes. But that's why it feels so real: they're trying to cope with an impossible situation none of them had gone through before or was ready to navigate. And they're trying to be good people and do the right thing. But sometimes they fail. What people should be focusing here is their effort, not how successful they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    They're both giving mixed signals because that's how they feel: trying to do the right thing, wanting to do the right thing but desperate to do the wrong one because they still love each other.

It's so tiring that people judge these characters from the perspective and the expectation that they should be perfect. What makes them so interesting and the writing so compelling is that they're *not* perfect. Yes, sometimes they get angry and are unfair and make mistakes. But that's why it feels so real: they're trying to cope with an impossible situation none of them had gone through before or was ready to navigate. And they're trying to be good people and do the right thing. But sometimes they fail. What people should be focusing here is their effort, not how successful they are.
    This. 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post

I completely agree. Well put.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

"Mixed Signals":

Could what, Scott? You have a wife now, remember? Listen, I understand, really! We were lovers but...you thought I died - everyone did! I...I'd have wanted you to get on with your life! How can I blame you now? Do you have a picture of her? (Scott pulls out a picture.) You...you have a baby, too? A little girl...? (Scott points out that the baby is a boy.) I...I didn't know! I - I always thought we'd have a girl! He's a sweet little - and that's Maddie? She...she looks a lot like me! (Scott says "She should have been you!") Scott....don't! Don't torture us both like this! She's your wife! How can you just walk out on her? How can you abandon your son? The Scott I knew wouldn't...and he wouldn't have taken advantage...You knew I couldn't read minds anymore - and you used it to keep your marriage a secret from me!... If I hadn't figured it out for myself...tricked the others into confirming what I feared...what I knew...what I wouldn't let myself believe...I'd still be throwing myself at you...and you'd be laughing your fool head off!
    Jean tosses her protective helmet to the floor and promptly leaves.

Signed,

Mixed Signals
    Last edited by Mercury; 09-29-2021 at 04:10 AM.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

"Mixed Signals":

Signed,

Mixed Signals
    Mercury, I've talked with DeadSpace often enough to know he didn't mean it as Jean is playing hard to get or trying to seduce Scott without being open about it or anything like that. I'm sure he didn't even meant she did anything on purpose.

"Mixed signals" in the sense she's letting it show she still has feelings for Scott. And yes, she's also angry at him. And also being a bit unfair towards him, even though it's totally understandable that should feel this way given her circumstances.

That's why this scene is so good. Both of them are going through complex, conflicting emotions, you know?

"Mixed Signals":

Signed,

Mixed Signals
    It's not a jab at Jean, but the scene does convey conflicted feelings, in other words, mixed signals. Scott in the scene only begins to bring up alternatives until after she implies being upset with the predicament. If you show your ex a picture of your baby with your current wife, it's not normal to get a reply referring to a baby they thought you'd have with them. "Together" and "we'd" is bolded in that panel for a reason. Both are having a hard time, and neither is necessarily willing to take an action that would hurt Maddie. Jean putting her feelings aside for what's right is her insistence that Scott should avoid even considering reuniting with her while he's married with a child.

It makes Jean human, considering the predicament she's in. That being said, it's fine to disagree, but I intended no offense.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 09-29-2021 at 04:13 AM.
    -Spider-man

-Geralt of Rivia

Oh, I don't take it as a "jab at Jean" at all. The scene is very clear. What is conveyed is Jean mourning her relationship with Scott because, though she very lightly considers what could have been, as far as she's concerned, it is over. She makes it very clear where she stands regarding him keeping his wife and baby a secret from her and, more importantly, how she feels about him walking out on Madelyne and Nathan. I detect no "mixed signals" in that scene whatsoever.

However, and this is certainly not a jab at you or any of his other fans, I can certainly see how fans of Cyclops could or would want to read it that way.