Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Oh, I don't take it as a "jab at Jean" at all. The scene is very clear. What is conveyed is Jean mourning her relationship with Scott because, though she very lightly considers what could have been, as far as she's concerned, it is over. She makes it very clear where she stands regarding him keeping his wife and baby a secret from her and, more importantly, how she feels about him walking out on Madelyne and Nathan. I detect no "mixed signals" in that scene whatsoever.

However, and this is certainly not a jab at you or any of his other fans, I can certainly see how fans of Cyclops could or would want to read it that way.
    I'm not sure about it only being an interpretation by Scott fans, but that's fine. We agree to disagree. That's fine.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by Grinning Soul View Post
    ...And also being a bit unfair towards him, even though it's totally understandable that should feel this way given her circumstances...
    Unfair...unfair? Oh my god, I can't. I really - I...

If I don't laugh, I'll only get irritated.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Oh, I don't take it as a "jab at Jean" at all. The scene is very clear. What is conveyed is Jean mourning her relationship with Scott because, though she very lightly considers what could have been, as far as she's concerned, it is over. She makes it very clear where she stands regarding him keeping his wife and baby a secret from her and, more importantly, how she feels about him walking out on Madelyne and Nathan. I detect no "mixed signals" in that scene whatsoever.

However, and this is certainly not a jab at you or any of his other fans, I can certainly see how fans of Cyclops could or would want to read it that way.
    You don't need to be a fan of Cyclops to see Jean's feelings in that scene, Mercury. No one is excusing his behaviour, we're only saying that he's reacting to her words because they still affect him, because he still loves her. The scene wouldn't be as good if his feelings weren't playing a part on his actions and words too, you know?

That's what we're talking about.

Unfair...unfair? Oh my god, I can't. I really - I...

If I don't laugh, I'll only get irritated.
    Show me when he laughed his head off because she was throwing herself at him (her words, not mine).

You don't need to be a fan of Cyclops to see Jean's feelings in that scene, Mercury,..
    Of course she had feelings, many of them, including contending with the fact that she had been in stasis for six years - years of her life that she lost - and was absorbing not only the fact that the love of her life had a wife and child but also that he and her three closest friends purposefully hid it from her. In addition to this, yes, she was grappling with her own feelings for Scott. However, she does not give mixed signals in this scene. Quite the contrary. She is very clear and direct about where she stands.

Still having feelings for someone and giving mixed signals are not mutually exclusive.

Show me when he laughed his head off because she was throwing herself at him (her words, not mine).
    I honestly don't understand your request. Also, she was throwing herself at him when she didn't know he was married with a child.

Of course she had feelings, many of them, including contending with the fact that she had been in stasis for six years - years of her life that she lost - and was absorbing not only the fact that the love of her life had a wife and child but also that he and her three closest friends purposefully hid it from her. In addition to this, yes, she was grappling with her own feelings for Scott. However, she does not give mixed signals in this scene. Quite the contrary. She is very clear and direct about where she stands.

Still having feelings for someone and giving mixed signals are not mutually exclusive.
    But that's exactly why I replied to your post: I understood that DeadSpace didn't mean "mixed signals" in the way you were probably interpreting. Maybe the choice of words wasn't the best, but I understood what he meant because we had talked about X-Factor before and I was just trying to explain it to you.

I honestly don't understand your request. Also, she was throwing herself at him when she didn't know he was married with a child.
    Well,when I said she was being a *bit* unfair, I meant that Scott never laughed at her attempts to get close to him, he never enjoyed deceiving her. I meant that, on that, she was unfair.

If you think I'm absurd by saying it, please, show me what makes you think this way.

Well,when I said she was being a *bit* unfair, I meant that Scott never laughed at her attempts to get close to him, he never enjoyed deceiving her. I meant that, on that, she was unfair.

If you think I'm absurd by saying it, please, show me what makes you think this way.
    She was reacting to him not only effectively lying to her about his wife and child but also about walking out on them. I don't see how her acknowledging either of these things equates to her being unfair.

EDIT: Now I realize you're probably referring to her saying, "...and you'd be laughing your fool head off!" I still don't think that was an unfair statement to make. She was angry. Personally, I would have simply said, "Fuck you," and stormed off.

She was reacting to him not only effectively lying to her about his wife and child but also about walking out on them. I don't see how her acknowledging either of these things equates to her being unfair.

EDIT: Now I realize you're probably referring to her saying, "...and you'd be laughing your fool head off!" I still don't think that was an unfair statement to make. She was angry. Personally, I would have simply said, "Fuck you," and stormed off.
    Because she accuses him of deriving pleasure out of it, which he didn't.

Now, I understand she was angry and I understand why it must have felt that way to her. But it doesn't mean she was right.

EDIT: Yes, that's what I meant. I understand her side. But she was a *bit* unfair there. And I love it, because it makes it feel real.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    i dont like Maddies ABUSE and she is a rapist
    Maddie hits Scott . She hits him hard enough to knock him off his feet and into a table

he reality is that they haven’t been together very long when she does this. Who’s to say this was an isolated incident and not an early red flag. Particularly since Maddie will engage in incredibly violent behavior towards Scott once the relationship is over. While I would argue that Maddie’s interactions with Limbo foundationally change her as a person, she is still Maddie. And she eventually tries to kill Scott

Maddie, then this moment becomes a lot more sinister as a precursor to this later violence. Ultimately though, I wonder how much deciding whether or not this moment is an instance of abuse matters. Because what’s almost equally troubling to me here is how Scott reacts.
    Scott immediately turns to self-blame
    nobody deserves non-consensual acts upon them especially by a loved one.

She Rape him
    Uncanny X-Men #503 11 & 23
    later still, she will rape Scott by impersonating his then-girlfriend Emma

loving relationships don't include Abuse or sexual abuse
    Nobody, man or woman, should be in a situation where they are engaging in any kind of sexual activity against their will.
    Domestic violence against men is one of the most underrated domestic crimes.
    Madelyne had sex with Nate Grey who was just a kid force grown to adulthood by Sinister. So that’s incestuous rape.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    O Thanks, Maddie still carries traces of Limbo Magic, I wish Magik also had more moments like these, and of course using more pure magic, not to corrupt herself, I only see her using her mutant power and her Sword.

Madelyne was Selene’s protege upon her return in X-Man as psychic ghost. She was still referred to a a smouldering ember of the Phoenix that Nate Grey fanned to full flame.

And obviously as Jean’s clone she has her psionic powers.

Because she accuses him of deriving pleasure out of it, which he didn't.

Now, I understand she was angry and I understand why it must have felt that way to her. But it doesn't mean she was right.

EDIT: Yes, that's what I meant. I understand her side. But she was a *bit* unfair there. And I love it, because it makes it feel real.
    Considering the circumstances, I don't feel she was being unfair at all. She was lied to and betrayed, and she underscored how this felt to her by both exaggerating her attempts to get close to him prior to knowing about his marriage - she never did throw herself at him - and equating his choice to not tell her about it to "laughing [his] fool head off!" She purposefully exaggerated the scenario.

Moreover, he was the one who had been unfair to her, both throughout and specifically in that scene. He was the one who continued alluding to wanting to be with her - "It should have been you!" - and she responded appropriately. Actually, I think she was unfair to Madelyne in the scene in which she snaps about her, though I totally understand why she got worked up in that instance by that point.

If I were in her position, I can only imagine how insane I would be. Actually, I can't. I don't know how I would react to juggling not only the loss of six years of my life but also finding out a clone took my place for those six years, was violated on a number of levels, ended up destroying a planet inhabited by billions of living beings, killed herself, that an attempt on my sister's life was made, after which she promptly disappeared, and that the man that I love, along with our shared friends, concealed from me that he was married and with a child.

I don't think I would be polite, that's for sure.

Considering the circumstances, I don't feel she was being unfair at all. She was lied to and betrayed, and she underscored how this felt to her by both exaggerating her attempts to get close to him prior to knowing about his marriage - she never did throw herself at him - and equating his choice to not tell her about it to "laughing [his] fool head off!" She purposefully exaggerated the scenario.

Moreover, he was the one who had been unfair to her, both throughout and specifically in that scene. He was the one who continued alluding to wanting to be with her - "It should have been you!" - and she responded appropriately. Actually, I think she was unfair to Madelyne in the scene in which she snaps about her, though I totally understand why she got worked up in that instance by that point.

If I were in her position, I can only imagine how insane I would be. Actually, I can't. I don't know how I would react to juggling not only the loss of six years of my life but also finding out a clone took my place for those six years, was violated on a number of levels, ended up destroying a planet inhabited by billions of living beings, killed herself, that an attempt on my sister's life was made, after which she promptly disappeared, and that the man that I love, along with our shared friends, concealed from me that he was married and with a child.

I don't think I would be polite, that's for sure.
    Let's drop it already, please, or we'll end up getting on each other's nerves again. Only this time I'm pretty sure it would be the last.

Let's drop it already, please, or we'll end up getting on each other's nerves again. Only this time I'm pretty sure it would be the last.
    I've already dropped it, dear.

I've already dropped it, dear.
    Heartfelt thank you.

Heartfelt thank you.
    Seriously, no thanks needed or wanted.