Default Mister Miracle: The Source of Freedom #5 Spoilers and Discussion

We are going on a crazy train in this issue, because we are going from Earth to New Genesis home of the new gods. After last issues revelations and retcons Shilo is now amped up to take on N'vir Free and stop her conquest, which takes him directly to the new gods specifically Orion. Yep everyone Orion, son of Darkseid is here fighting his....niece? What do you call the daughter of your adoptive brother? Because Scott and Orion aren't related by blood but Orion was raised by Highfather and is kind of brotherly to Scott so I guess that would make him N'vir's Uncle. Questions to consider I suppose.

Anyway Shilo and new readers get a quick summary of new god mythology before getting back to the fight, which is interesting because Orion knows Shilo as a friend. I am just going to chalk that up to the weirdness of the New Gods in the Multiverse, makes as much sense as anything else. Though the issue does allude to it being part of the greater omiversal cosmos and the nature of things. Anyway while fighting off N'vir Orion wants to take her out while Shilo kind of just wants to talk and discuss why it is she wants to kill him. They manage to knock her away when Orion and Oberon show him a way to solve the problem....a prototype Mobius Chair (because the full functioning one is missing). But here comes the second act twist everyone....Orion knows Shilo but he doesn't know who Scott is! And there is no record that he or Barda existed!

Which the Proto-Mobius shows us N'vir's mind. That she is aware of her birth, being raised by Scott and Barda as a loving family and how they would go on adventures until one day they did not return. Hoping to keep their memory alive she conquered the galaxy until Shilo overthrew her and then she got thrown into the past/our present. But that doesn't help our heroes so they come up with a plan, to go to the future and stop N'vir before she comes to the present. And so while Orion holds them off they go to the wrecked remains of the source wall to power the chair to go forward in time arriving just in time for a galactic civil war.

I will say this series has been a crazy fun ride, lots of stuff on the new gods, time travel, the omniverse. It's just nuts and I love everything about it. Can't wait for the conclusion next issue.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    We are going on a crazy train in this issue, because we are going from Earth to New Genesis home of the new gods. After last issues revelations and retcons Shilo is now amped up to take on N'vir Free and stop her conquest, which takes him directly to the new gods specifically Orion. Yep everyone Orion, son of Darkseid is here fighting his....niece? What do you call the daughter of your adoptive brother? Because Scott and Orion aren't related by blood but Orion was raised by Highfather and is kind of brotherly to Scott so I guess that would make him N'vir's Uncle. Questions to consider I suppose.

Anyway Shilo and new readers get a quick summary of new god mythology before getting back to the fight, which is interesting because Orion knows Shilo as a friend. I am just going to chalk that up to the weirdness of the New Gods in the Multiverse, makes as much sense as anything else. Though the issue does allude to it being part of the greater omiversal cosmos and the nature of things. Anyway while fighting off N'vir Orion wants to take her out while Shilo kind of just wants to talk and discuss why it is she wants to kill him. They manage to knock her away when Orion and Oberon show him a way to solve the problem....a prototype Mobius Chair (because the full functioning one is missing). But here comes the second act twist everyone....Orion knows Shilo but he doesn't know who Scott is! And there is no record that he or Barda existed!

Which the Proto-Mobius shows us N'vir's mind. That she is aware of her birth, being raised by Scott and Barda as a loving family and how they would go on adventures until one day they did not return. Hoping to keep their memory alive she conquered the galaxy until Shilo overthrew her and then she got thrown into the past/our present. But that doesn't help our heroes so they come up with a plan, to go to the future and stop N'vir before she comes to the present. And so while Orion holds them off they go to the wrecked remains of the source wall to power the chair to go forward in time arriving just in time for a galactic civil war.

I will say this series has been a crazy fun ride, lots of stuff on the new gods, time travel, the omniverse. It's just nuts and I love everything about it. Can't wait for the conclusion next issue.
    Thanks for this recap and review...... I am also about to read this issue and will share my thoughts.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Thanks for this recap and review...... I am also about to read this issue and will share my thoughts.

Incredible Member

I had already purchased every preceding issue but i am now , officially, 100% sold on this title after issue #5. This is quality capes genre comic book work by Brandon Easton. Easton has nailed it with Mister Miracle. He's made a goofy looking character interesting and worth following. I find that impressive considering i generally wouldn't praise a title in this genre that doesn't showcase a main character performing power feats. While you do see the main character in action here he wasn't performing many action feats in this issue and yet * i still enjoyed it*.

There's a shot of the character sitting in a ... "chair" .... that evoked memories of Doctor Doom sitting on his throne. I wouldn't complain if we saw more of that

It's rare that i pre order or subscribe to a series. I generally purchase monthly.

I'm subscribing to this title. It's old school comic fun so far.
    Don't complain. Create.