Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Omega level humans

Just for bit of fun. The X-men/mutants have categories for how powerful their characters are, it would be fun to apply it other marvel heroes and villains.

Omega
    Alpha
    Beta

The only stipulation is that cosmic beings should be left out because all of them would be omega of course.

We'll use Hickman's definition of what makes someone omega because I think it defines it better than the more vague prior definition:

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

Hulk would be.

I really don't understand the Hickman definition. How is Jean Grey unsurpassable as a telepath? Someone with the mindstone and the power stone can speak to the entire universe at once.

There are lots of humans that I would put in this. Not because of their powers alone but because of the things that they can do that could and would change the world.

Doctor Doom is the first choice, I would say Reed because of his brain.

Tony Stark I think would be up there. The devices he could create could destroy the would if he wanted.

I would think Sentry written right could be on here.

Electro and his powers could be with the right writer.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Franklin Richards. He used to be a canon Omega Level reality manipulator (specifically, at the universal level) when he was a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    I really don't understand the Hickman definition. How is Jean Grey unsurpassable as a telepath? Someone with the mindstone and the power stone can speak to the entire universe at once.
    It's about the potential. Jean Grey's potential as a telepath does not have a definable limit. The gems, as objects, grant the user the powers, Jean's telepathy is born from herself, so I don't think they can be comparable in the same category.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Since the parameters are set by the writers, the definition, while well intended, is pointless. Magneto is only unsurpassed as a mutant until someone comes along to redefine what his limitations are. Or they create a character whose upper limit exceeds Magneto's.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 09-28-2021 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    The only stipulation is that cosmic beings should be left out because all of them would be omega of course.
    How are we defining "cosmic"?

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

It's complicated to categorize human mutates. Wanda is a human mutate like the Hulk, and they're both as powerful as they could be depending on the writer.

Wanda manipulated reality with writer A, but was later choked by writer B. It all depends on the writer. Making mutants into gods is very Dragon Ball.

Black Bolt can't talk because he's "omega level" and it adds to his character and to the notion of not allowing anyone go through Terrigenisis because they could destroy cities and have a difficult life. An omega level mutant is a deus ex machina character.

It's based on ones personal abilities (be it mutant - Jean Grey, mutate - Maximus or training - Moondragon), not those using an outside force to enhanced themselves. (technology/weapon/cosmic artifacts etc....)
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    How are we defining "cosmic"?
    Silver Surfer and above, like Galactus, Odin, Celestials, Living Tribunal, characters like that.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Off the top of my head... some potential human "omegas" in no particular order:

1. Molecule Man -- unless you consider him "cosmic" given the origin of his powers

2. Kevin Brashear -- unless you consider him "cosmic" given the nature of his powers

3. The High Evolutionary -- unless you consider him "cosmic" given the nature of his powers

4. The Sphinx -- unless you consider him "cosmic" given the nature of his powers AND if you're not buying that Dr. Strange crap about him being a mutant

5. Akhenaten -- unless you consider him "cosmic" given the nature of his powers

6. Sentry

7. Hulk

8. Monica Rambeau -- when she's not being written like a woman who is afraid of the full potential of her powers

9. Edifice Rex

10. Blue Marvel -- depending on the author

11. Anti-Man -- depending on the author

12. Graviton

13. A bunch of characters who are in possession of nigh-omnipotent items or sources of power, like Juggernaut, Ghost Rider, Masked Raider (potentially), Echo (as Phoenix), Quasar, Dr. Strange, Dr. Doom, Captain Universe, Talisman, and a crapload of Klyntar symbiote wearers.

14. Any number of characters who can mimic the powers of others, like the Absorbing Man, Trauma, Geiger, Regent (via his armor), Pandemic, Avenger X/Cressida, etc.

15. A small number of heroes who seem to be exponentially more powerful when their dark side manifests, like Susan Storm
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

1. Molecule Man -- unless you consider him "cosmic" given the origin of his powers

2. Kevin Brashear -- unless you consider him "cosmic" given the nature of his powers

3. The High Evolutionary -- unless you consider him "cosmic" given the nature of his powers

4. The Sphinx -- unless you consider him "cosmic" given the nature of his powers AND if you're not buying that Dr. Strange crap about him being a mutant

6. Sentry

7. Hulk

8. Monica Rambeau -- when she's not being written like a woman who is afraid of the full potential of her powers

9. Edifice Rex

12. Graviton

13. A bunch of characters who are in possession of nigh-omnipotent items or sources of power, like Juggernaut, Ghost Rider, Masked Raider (potentially), Echo (as Phoenix), Quasar, Dr. Strange, Dr. Doom, Captain Universe, Talisman, and a crapload of Klyntar symbiote wearers.

14. Any number of characters who can mimic the powers of others, like the Absorbing Man, Trauma, Geiger, Regent (via his armor), Pandemic, Avenger X/Cressida, etc.

15. A small number of heroes who seem to be exponentially more powerful when their dark side manifests, like Susan Storm
    I agree with most on this list/
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Fantastic Member

6. Sentry

7. Hulk

9. Edifice Rex

12. Graviton

Solid list, that.

What if a character has a power that nobody else has? Does that automatically make them Omega?

Is Stegron an Omega Stegosaurus Man because nobody can be more of a Stegosaurus Man than Stegron?