Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsay Snow View Post
    Why can't you afford them? Is it not being able to afford home internet and you don't want to watch this stuff on your phone? (Which is understandable, I prefer a big screen. Watching on my phone's a last resort).

You can easily pay $10-$15 for Prime for one month, watch both seasons of The Boys (Which would've cost you $30-$60 in total as home media season sets), then cancel before your first month is done. Do the same thing for HBO Max, Disney+, etc......Wash, rinse, repeat. They don't force annual subscriptions on you, just take turns with each service as new series come up.
    There will be a DVD or Blue Ray sooner or later.

Folks forget public libraries do buy those sets to be checked out. Because the demand for them (depending on the library is great). Most of them average a waiting list of 100-500 at my libraries.

Also not all those season sets cost $30-60. Doom Patrol and Titans will set you back $20-25 via Target. Who has sales of buy 2 get 1 free on books, dvds and blue ray and music on their app.

Amazon has it but it's the UL version.

Yes we have streaming services but companies understand more money is to be made with those dvds. Because not all this stuff stays online as streaming stuff.

Especially if that stuff is EDITED for music and content. As Tubi TV has done with certain movies.... Movies that you can TELL they were "ADULT" entertainment movies. Yet the ADULT stuff has been edited out. Which is FUNNY considering how much unedited stuff is free on there.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    There will be a DVD or Blue Ray sooner or later.

Folks forget public libraries do buy those sets to be checked out. Because the demand for them (depending on the library is great). Most of them average a waiting list of 100-500 at my libraries.

Also not all those season sets cost $30-60. Doom Patrol and Titans will set you back $20-25 via Target. Who has sales of buy 2 get 1 free on books, dvds and blue ray and music on their app.

Amazon has it but it's the UL version.

Yes we have streaming services but companies understand more money is to be made with those dvds. Because not all this stuff stays online as streaming stuff.

Especially if that stuff is EDITED for music and content. As Tubi TV has done with certain movies.... Movies that you can TELL they were "ADULT" entertainment movies. Yet the ADULT stuff has been edited out. Which is FUNNY considering how much unedited stuff is free on there.

I said $30-$60 in total, which means $15-$30 each set, since there have been two seasons so far.

I'm surprised by the waiting lists at libraries, but I still doubt a lot of stream-released TV shows will be released on home media. There are only so many libraries out there, that doesn't compare to the general populace buying season sets for themselves.

As for Tubi TV, I only use that free streaming service for Three's Company, lol.

Spectacular Member

You mean Amazon UL has the Boys DVD sets of the the Boys season 1 and 2 I hope, um not to sound silly but what is Amazon UL?. I've got a DVD player that all region.

it better be an official version not bootleg?,

LW