Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I think you are right. Kurt sporting his beard at the end of WoX is a sign of a time shift too, I think those last few panels in Onslaught Revaluation are in the new, post-Inferno Krakoan order.
    Attachment 114274
    According to the narration, the end of Onslaught Revelation was set two months after his defeat at the Cruciball, so I assumed that to be a glimpse at post-Inferno Krakoa.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    According to the narration, the end of Onslaught Revelation was set two months after his defeat at the Cruciball, so I assumed that to be a glimpse at post-Inferno Krakoa.
    Does that mean trial of Magneto concludes before Inferno? Or is it a concurrent event?

Astonishing Member

I don't think Charles and Erik had Nimrod in mind when suggesting an alliance with machines, but rather getting the help of friendly AI to help defeat Orchis. The fact remains that Xavier kept Danger's existence a secret specifically because he didn't want to risk accidentally harming her by trying to extract her from the Danger Room systems prematurely, even though doing so was a huge gamble. Even Erik ending up trusting her to the point of putting her in charge of keeping the time-displaced O5 safe and train them before sending them back to their own timeline.
    To me that means they've been playing with the idea of enlisting the help of mutant-friendly AI for a while already, and probably told Danger to keep a low profile until they managed to convince Moira before revealing their secret side project.
    Has Danger ever faced Nimrod directly? I remember like she was hacked in Second coming ,but that's about it. Personally I don't think she/it fits the current narrative, even as a combat model to fight Nimrod, I find little relevance for Danger afterward. It's more of a tease being thrown out there but I don't think it has payoff, for it undercuts the threat of distinctly transhumanist villains like Orchis, HE and CoV. Though if you get into the nuts and bolts of it the mutants are already transhumanist by virtue of the resurrection protocols.I think the set up premise was faulty from the beginning. If say from the beginning it was established that Krakoa biologically ,as long as genetic primers(of mutants in Sinister's vast gene pool) were introduced, could resurrect mutants and so became of paramount importance to mutantdom and got humans worried to pursue their own technologies to stay relevant in what would be interpreted as a species war for primacy. That is understandable for it keeps Krakoa a separate entity that acts indipendently. Plus it would give writers wiggle room to explore how dependent on or independent of Krakoa mutants should be(living on an Island that can be both life giving and life force consuming creates the possible dilemma of mutants wanting to live indipendent of an entity they become beholden to). Instead writers by way of Moira positioned the X-Men as bulwarks against human ingenuity and technological progress which puts mutants not only as a detriment to human progress but as sole arbiters of it because they have some miracle flowers. Ultimately human dependence on mutant goodwill for some pharmaceutical benefits does not constitute goodwill it's just leverage and power play. By positioning post humanity or transhumanism as villains, for mutants to go down the same path is a narrative dead end. To try and claim mutants embracing technology will not lead to the same outcome as humans doing so is not only fanciful but 'speciest'. I rather writers don't go there.
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-01-2021 at 03:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I think their deads will be just like the ones of Scott´s team on Hox/PoX in the end, I could see them trying to destroy Orchis together and maybe be sucessful this time, die and then being brought back but Krakoa and the QC will definitely be changed when they go back. I could see Magneto leaving the QC and maybe Xavier too, for other characters to take their place in the QC, mostly because with the situation with Destiny and the precognitives revealed, they will probably lose their standing with the other members of the council.

I also think is all about a final confrontation between Moira and Destiny to see who´s really trying to help mutants and who´s not, because right now it looks like Moira is helping out because of her fear of Destiny so she may as well be helping Orchis and doesn´t want Irene back for this same reason but we don´t know yet Destiny and Mystique full agenda.
    Oh they already messed up by trying to be the smartest guys in the room with that weak approach to getting mystique off the council. They opened the door for their own stepping down with all of that " oh perhaps its time for change, we will speak with each of you independently." They honestly looked like the dumbest ones at the table with that. I was like "bra, you playing yourself."

The council can vote them off now. Lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.

My creator showcase thread ln cbr. http://https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?150839-Art-Journey

Number of People on my ignore list: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Does that mean trial of Magneto concludes before Inferno? Or is it a concurrent event?
    Probably? I don't know, it's hard to tell where both events fall on the timeline. Though the Trial appears to take place shortly after the Hellfire Gala, so I'm inclined to believe it's meant to conclude before Inferno, which I guess spoils the outcome insofar that it doesn't appear to affect the Council members.

Probably? I don't know, it's hard to tell where both events fall on the timeline. Though the Trial appears to take place shortly after the Hellfire Gala, so I'm inclined to believe it's meant to conclude before Inferno, which I guess spoils the outcome insofar that it doesn't appear to affect the Council members.
    Well, that's to be expected since Trial was originally meant to be an arc in X-Factor until the bean counters decided to make a mini-event of it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Oh they already messed up by trying to be the smartest guys in the room with that weak approach to getting mystique off the council. They opened the door for their own stepping down with all of that " oh perhaps its time for change, we will speak with each of you independently." They honestly looked like the dumbest ones at the table with that. I was like "bra, you playing yourself."

Lol, sometimes for a telepath ,Xavier can be as dumb as a rock.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Marvel confirmed this happes after Trial of Magneto, so I could see Mags being half honest in wanting to retire from the QC after the situation with Orchis, Mystique, Destiny and Moira is done.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

Well the thing is that they are not trying to be the smartest guys in the room, they are just doing what Moira told them to do, which is on itself kind of OOC but they want to keep her happy and this also tells me what the general problem is for them when it comes to Moira, because they are also tackling the Orchis situation this way as well, they are depending more on Moira´s intel than on their own investigation, or in looking towards other answers and this is already costing them and it will cost them in the near future of the story.

So from this pov Mystque is totally in her right to be angry and the other parts of the Council would agree in that the Destiny situation has not been managed fairly, precisely because they don´t know Moira exists, with maybe the exception of Emma. So yes, they did this to themselves but it was hardly because they were tring to be the smartest guys on the room, quite the opposite actually.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 10-01-2021 at 05:00 AM.
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Cool Lorna Dane: Polaris Appreciation 2021
    Magnus Family appreciation 2021

Magneto Appreciation 2021

Erik and Charles losing their council seats is my favourite outcome theory for Inferno. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of Moira’s beef with Destiny and her golden path for mutantkind, them seizing the cradles looks uncomfortably like a coup attempt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Erik and Charles losing their council seats is my favourite outcome theory for Inferno. Regardless of the rights and wrongs of Moira’s beef with Destiny and her golden path for mutantkind, them seizing the cradles looks uncomfortably like a coup attempt.
    I think that was Mistique in Magneto's guise, but we'll have to wait and see how the story plays out.Though I get where you are coming from, at the beginning we know Xavier was touting a change of the guard ,just to get Mystique off the council, he and Magneto have no plans of leaving their leadership roles. Being forced out under extraordinary circumstances is a different matter.

Astonishing Member

Marvel confirmed this happes after Trial of Magneto, so I could see Mags being half honest in wanting to retire from the QC after the situation with Orchis, Mystique, Destiny and Moira is done.

Well the thing is that they are not trying to be the smartest guys in the room, they are just doing what Moira told them to do, which is on itself kind of OOC but they want to keep her happy and this also tells me what the general problem is for them when it comes to Moira, because they are also tackling the Orchis situation this way as well, they are depending more on Moira´s intel than on their own investigation, or in looking towards other answers and this is already costing them and it will cost them in the near future of the story.

So from this pov Mystque is totally in her right to be angry and the other parts of the Council would agree in that the Destiny situation has not been managed fairly, precisely because they don´t know Moira exists, with maybe the exception of Emma. So yes, they did this to themselves but it was hardly because they were tring to be the smartest guys on the room, quite the opposite actually.
    I partly disagree. Erik and Charles are trying to be the smartest ones in the room just based on their personality types. Moira/Charles/Erik are ego maniacs with god complexes it just so happens that when Moira dies the universe actually resets. Moira has mentioned that Magneto and X have been slowly leaving her out of the decision making process which is why she mocks them when they come asking her for help.

Romani Black Woman.
    Hi, Don't be Racist. Thanks. -

I very much believe that Moria is a turncoat. Think about how she is going about accomplishing everything.
    Destiny had to find her to initially be aware she was even a mutant - she's dodged cerebro for this long, right? Charles didn't know she was a mutant until she decided to share that info. She's working Erik and Charles like puppets. Destiny knows that Moria is going to remake her mutant-curing drug.

Astonishing Member

Are we ever told Emma knows of Moira for certain or do we presume this from her vaguely coy dialogue? Like sometimes I think Emma is written that way to not appear blindsided, but I think Xavier would have safeguards against her prying because as a telepath I'm sure he knows Emma knowing would expose them to manipulation by her.To say Xavier feared pre-cogs but trusted telepaths would be strange indeed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lox View Post
    I very much believe that Moria is a turncoat. Think about how she is going about accomplishing everything.
    Destiny had to find her to initially be aware she was even a mutant - she's dodged cerebro for this long, right? Charles didn't know she was a mutant until she decided to share that info. She's working Erik and Charles like puppets. Destiny knows that Moria is going to remake her mutant-curing drug.
    Would be interesting if it's revealed that Moira found out that while Krakoa's flowers prolong life and treat cognitive ailments they also work as a slow acting X-gene surpressor..that would make Moira devious as hell, an absolutely devastating Trojan horse of her design.Definitely if this is revealed I can see the QC collapsing as a result of such a revelation. If the writers are smart they should go down this route , it opens up Krakoans to serious introspection and creates an opportunity for other stories growing from such a revelation.