Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Exodus has been leading a Brotherhood cover band for most of his career. The poor guy puts together a totally sweet MagnetoCon, but the old man is like "Yeah, no, I'm not evil anymore and sucking up to sellouts is a better career move right now. Peace out, yo". Fast forward to Exodus thrash-talking the Pretender, whom he probably blames for Magneto's descent into not being the awesomest ever anymore. You just know he'd pretty much cackle at Magneto being humiliated "for his own good", but freak the efff out if the old man got fed to Krakoa.

So.... yeah. Magneto fanboy sounds just about right imo.

The real issue should be mutant youth's feelings on the matter. Enrollment at the "Bishop Academy" (I forget the name) was so low they didn't even bother with a first semester. The kids are still clearly salty about the dude unleashing a bunch of Sentinels on their home. Can't help but wonder how Magik somehow(?) didn't pick up on that.

That happened after Messiah Complex/War, though. The possession storyline didn't really absolve Bishop of anything.
    All of this is hilarious! I mean we have Exodus, Sinister, Legion, and Apocalypse on the island. Chilling and doing whatever, for kicks and giggles throw in Magneto himself. Magik, who tight ropes the dark side. Them and so many more in high profile leadership positions, but there's a problem with a reformed Bishop..?? Yeah sure. I wonder what the difference between him and all the others mentioned.

baumblume

Destiny is going to double cross Mystique… for the greater good as they say lol

baumblume

Sebastian Shaw’s face and Mr Sinister reaction during the big reveal was priceless! They are petty and here for the drama
    This issue had me wondering about Moira. Her reasons for not wanting to resurrect Destiny seem personal..not for the good of Krakoa. And what was she doing in Paris with that notebook from her third life? I'm surprised so few are pointing this out. Why is Moira afraid of Destiny in particular in life 10? Destiny promised that she would only stop Moira if she used her gifts against Mutant kind. So if Moira isn't working against mutants, she should have nothing to fear from Destiny.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    Destiny is going to double cross Mystique… for the greater good as they say lol
    Lol if Sinister cloned her with a kill switch, you bet when Sinister says jump ,she'll say 'How high?' This saga isn't over , no one gets to make a deal with Sinister without Faustian repercussions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Would be interesting if it's revealed that Moira found out that while Krakoa's flowers prolong life and treat cognitive ailments they also work as a slow acting X-gene surpressor..that would make Moira devious as hell, an absolutely devastating Trojan horse of her design.Definitely if this is revealed I can see the QC collapsing as a result of such a revelation. If the writers are smart they should go down this route , it opens up Krakoans to serious introspection and creates an opportunity for other stories growing from such a revelation.
    I mean that would kind of be pointless considering there are millions of mutants on the planet Earth once all of Genosha is resurrected not to mention Millions more on Planet Arrako.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    Marvel confirmed this happes after Trial of Magneto, so I could see Mags being half honest in wanting to retire from the QC after the situation with Orchis, Mystique, Destiny and Moira is done.

Well the thing is that they are not trying to be the smartest guys in the room, they are just doing what Moira told them to do, which is on itself kind of OOC but they want to keep her happy and this also tells me what the general problem is for them when it comes to Moira, because they are also tackling the Orchis situation this way as well, they are depending more on Moira´s intel than on their own investigation, or in looking towards other answers and this is already costing them and it will cost them in the near future of the story.

So from this pov Mystque is totally in her right to be angry and the other parts of the Council would agree in that the Destiny situation has not been managed fairly, precisely because they don´t know Moira exists, with maybe the exception of Emma. So yes, they did this to themselves but it was hardly because they were tring to be the smartest guys on the room, quite the opposite actually.
    They def came off trying to be the smartest people in the room and the artist clocked it perfectly. Why would Xavier and MAngeto assume they have more of a choice on who should be on the council, why would they feel they should talk to each other independtly rather than an open forum. And Emma played it perfectly with the "you captains plan to do this with no input from the council." about the generals so she could then use that against Charles and Magneto because they and Moira aren't asking the council for anything either, they are playing games and thinking no one will pick up on it in an attempt to keep moira happy. They messed up this time.

edit: Now compare that to the Arrako council where storm actually has two votes in the all around chair so something like this could work in her favor but definitely not charles and erik where in public the council is equal.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I mean that would kind of be pointless considering there are millions of mutants on the planet Earth once all of Genosha is resurrected not to mention Millions more on Planet Arrako.
    Not really pointless because it completely obliterates mutant high ground in being victims ,isolating themselves out of necessity. Plus if mutants are ok with an arbitrary population number threshold beyond which humanity is irrelevant then even if left unsaid it makes them no different than HEvolutionary coming to sterilise humanity in Xmen3. As long as writers ignore that insular thinking will alienate the X-Men, the war which they so desperately want to win will be lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Lol, sometimes for a telepath ,Xavier can be as dumb as a rock.
    They basically just put targets on their back. What if no one else on the council even wants them on it anymore and are like "i'm glad you brought this up, we think you and magneto should step down." lol

edit and it was the two telepaths. "all this without imput of council."
    kwaanon: " i don't think anyone is asking."

i get what she meant now.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by Lox View Post
    I very much believe that Moria is a turncoat. Think about how she is going about accomplishing everything.
    Destiny had to find her to initially be aware she was even a mutant - she's dodged cerebro for this long, right? Charles didn't know she was a mutant until she decided to share that info. She's working Erik and Charles like puppets. Destiny knows that Moria is going to remake her mutant-curing drug.
    but at the same time it's been made very clear it is Charles and Erik choice to keep her hidden and a secret from the council and other mutants. Sure she could just walk outside and risk it all but at the end of the day this is their plan to keep moira secret which evidentially really bothers her they are soaking up all the credit. Though i think they have been playing her the same way as mystique with destiny by keeping her on the board but off the board to keep moira in check. Moira bout to free herself like beyonce taking her wig out of a concert fan.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

baumblume

Moira is also just mad at Destiny, this isn’t about her being right or wrong, she just has a death grudge across ten lives of existence.At this point with how much everything is unraveling, yeah probably. Seems like it’s not even about Moira trying to do right by mutants anymore, she just wants to prove Destiny wrong, and she doesn’t care about much else.Fairly certain that Magneto collecting the helmet and Charles gathering the remaining DNA, was Mystique
    Mystique killed both of them before their tasks. Then Emma resurrected them.

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post
    Moira is also just mad at Destiny, this isn’t about her being right or wrong, she just has a death grudge across ten lives of existence.At this point with how much everything is unraveling, yeah probably. Seems like it’s not even about Moira trying to do right by mutants anymore, she just wants to prove Destiny wrong, and she doesn’t care about much else.Fairly certain that Magneto collecting the helmet and Charles gathering the remaining DNA, was Mystique
    Mystique killed both of them before their tasks. Then Emma resurrected them.
    We also know Moira has quite the streak for vengeance like when she killed all the i think it was the strucker family in one of her lives. I can't remember but it takes dedication to dedicate your life to taking out someones entire family. also what changed that moira has only been afraid of destiny for a 1000 years. We know her cumulative life would be much longer as she died in life 3 and was with apoc in one of the lives for about a 1000 years so something in that final life, after wolverine killed her or before made her want to do something she knew destiny would come at her for. She hasn't always been afraid.
    Last edited by jwatson; 10-01-2021 at 06:36 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    All of this is hilarious! I mean we have Exodus, Sinister, Legion, and Apocalypse on the island. Chilling and doing whatever, for kicks and giggles throw in Magneto himself. Magik, who tight ropes the dark side. Them and so many more in high profile leadership positions, but there's a problem with a reformed Bishop..?? Yeah sure. I wonder what the difference between him and all the others mentioned.
    Never said I felt strongly one way or another about it nor did I comment on the fairness/unfairness of it all. I mean, hey, I wouldn't wish Marauders on my worst enemy, so good for Bishop if it gives him a legit excuse to get the hell away from it and its inevitable sequel. Still, as per the latest data available, it's an in-universe reality that the X-Brats would rather listen to Exodus' thrash talking of Wanda than whatever wisdom Bishop could impart upon them. Could be the cape and the dramatic streak, I honestly don't know. Maybe we'll get a data page about it someday?

If it's any consolation, I was rather taking a swing at Inferno's Magik seemingly forgetting she's supposed to care about her students' feelings and even then, it was more of a jab at Inferno's overall disconnect with recent continuity than anything else.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 10-01-2021 at 07:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Why would the kids' feelings factor into whether Bisop should be the head captain? If anything the position should leave him with less time and ability to interact with the kids. That's why Cyclops stepped down. In universe that's probably why Magik didn't take the top spot herself, so that she could continue being a teacher.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Idk if it's necessarily a cure Moira's planning, but that dialogue change indicates that whatever she is will be a change forced upon the mutants, be it ascension or a cure

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Never said I felt strongly one way or another about it nor did I comment on the fairness/unfairness of it all. I mean, hey, I wouldn't wish Marauders on my worst enemy, so good for Bishop if it gives him a legit excuse to get the hell away from it and its inevitable sequel. Still, as per the latest data available, it's an in-universe reality that the X-Brats would rather listen to Exodus' thrash talking of Wanda than whatever wisdom Bishop could impart upon them. Could be the cape and the dramatic streak, I honestly don't know. Maybe we'll get a data page about it someday?

If it's any consolation, I was rather taking a swing at Inferno's Magik seemingly forgetting she's supposed to care about her students' feelings and even then, it was more of a jab at Inferno's overall disconnect with recent continuity than anything else.
    Maybe Bishop fancies Emma, so he's ready to genuflect but with Emma still calling Scott 'my love' ..good luck to him