Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334353637 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Again, are we the readers supposed to forget all the trash actions committed by almost all the main leaders of X-Men..??? Trying to single out just Bishop is eyebrow raising. What's the difference between him and all the of people who performed very bad acts?
    Not at all , but in book I see most X-Men are looking at Shaw,Sinister, Magneto even Apoc with caution and reproach as the case may be.While everyone is buddy buddy with Bishop. That's the point what's good for the goose is good for the gander. Though I am cognizant that writers have double standards so it is what is.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    To those that think it's not really Destiny under the mask, how would Hickman convincingly show us that the imposter tricked Xavier, Emma, Exodus and Sinister's telepathy? I think if it was a fake Xavier would call them out.
    Yep absolutely , it has to be the real Irene, otherwise explaining how Xavier can't see beyond the ruse(if it's Mystique) will be overly complicated.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    To those that think it's not really Destiny under the mask, how would Hickman convincingly show us that the imposter tricked Xavier, Emma, Exodus and Sinister's telepathy? I think if it was a fake Xavier would call them out.
    Nothing in that scene shows them 'believing' it is her as I kind of feel like everyone is more 'in on the joke' because I think everyone would be shocked to Destiny show up, and surely whoever it is could be equipped with some sort of anti TP headgear because that is not uncommon. This feels like that kind of typical cliffhanger where everything is presented in an over dramatic drawn out manner, but when the next issue picks up we actually get the reactions and the fallout of the stunt; that is, it was written to make the reader immediately think it was one thing but does not actually confirm it so it leaves room to surprise the reader again.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I am still confused about Emma's role in this. Honestly after the first issue, the story is bit too clash between egos.Almost like how Hickman ended between Cap and Tony
    Why wouldn't you be?

She only appeared in a few panels and said a few lines so far, hardly enough to say what her arc in this story will be.

Not that Hickman has made the ultimate role of characters with much more panel time crystal clear either!

Anyone else seeing parallels between Moira and Dr Gregor?
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Nothing in that scene shows them 'believing' it is her as I kind of feel like everyone is more 'in on the joke' because I think everyone would be shocked to Destiny show up, and surely whoever it is could be equipped with some sort of anti TP headgear because that is not uncommon. This feels like that kind of typical cliffhanger where everything is presented in an over dramatic drawn out manner, but when the next issue picks up we actually get the reactions and the fallout of the stunt; that is, it was written to make the reader immediately think it was one thing but does not actually confirm it so it leaves room to surprise the reader again.
    I think to find out what they really think we'll have to wait for the second issue.Apart from Sinister who seems pretty pleased about something, and Shaw/Emma smiling for whatever reason(probably enjoying Magneto's obvious unease) most don't seem to know what to make of it.The next issue should be juicy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Anyone else seeing parallels between Moira and Dr Gregor?
    I see closer parallel between Mystique and Alia..The real parallels will come when we find out Irene was resurrected with Apoth(remember Fallen Angels?) by Sinister
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-02-2021 at 09:07 AM.

I just finished rereading HoX/PoX. I didn't realize the first go around how many times Hickman emphasizes the word inferno throughout. Also, in X-Men #1 (2019), while grilling steaks, Vulcan notes, "Inside this device an inferno burns. That fire matches the one inside of me." What's Gabe's current status? He doesn't seem to appear in Mark Brooks' purportedly revealing Inferno portrait.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    I just finished rereading HoX/PoX. I didn't realize the first go around how many times Hickman emphasizes the word inferno throughout. Also, in X-Men #1 (2019), while grilling steaks, Vulcan notes, "Inside this device an inferno burns. That fire matches the one inside of me." What's Gabe's current status? He doesn't seem to appear in Mark Brooks' purportedly revealing Inferno portrait.
    His end game was Inferno. There is not doubt about it. But this story was definitely not supposedly conclusion when he wrote HoX/PoX.They were quite a no of unfinished plots including Vulcan.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    His end game was Inferno. There is not doubt about it...
    Why do you say that?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    I think to find out what they really think we'll have to wait for the second issue.Apart from Sinister who seems pretty pleased about something, and Shaw/Emma smiling for whatever reason(probably enjoying Magneto's obvious unease) most don't seem to know what to make of it. The next issue should be juicy.
    Yeah, except for Magneto and Xavier, nobody else technically even knows that Destiny is supposed to remain dead, per Moira's orders, so her appearance shouldn't terribly fuss Kurt, Exodus, Shaw, Kitty, etc. (Emma and Sinister seem to have hints as well, but who knows how much they know.)

Kurt's reaction is interesting. It's not like he knows that Destiny was almost his mom, in-canon.

Astonishing Member

I think it's not an accident or a coincidence that Danger is in limbo

-there are two simple options, either she is an uncomfortable character to treat, because of the mutant war against machines, so they are being lazy and pretend she doesn't exist
    -or they have something planned for her, perhaps some revelation, perhaps Xavier and Magneto did something bad to her in secret to eliminate a potentially threatening AI with antimutant abilities, perhaps ordered to do that by Moira. perhaps even mutants have been mindwiped of danger ever existing, after all many mutants have died and been resurrected, it's simple to resurrect them without the memory of Danger

another character that is in limbo is the technomorph Jeffries, who used to be able to merge with the machines he created controlling inorganic material with his mind, becoming a machine himself, and displayed sexual attraction to robots in a Spurrier mini, but he's a minor character, so I think he is simply being ignored.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Why do you say that?
    It's Hickman.

There is very little in anything that he has ever written that just wound up being "Nothing..."

All-New Member

where's all the adamantium come from ?
    the eggs?
    so the five can basically create anything?

Quote Originally Posted by gucle View Post
    where's all the adamantium come from ?
    the eggs?
    so the five can basically create anything?
    I'm fully expecting a mysterium upgrade next time wolverine dies and a big deal is made out of it. It would make him a walking item against magic and probably improve his healing factor without the admantium poison.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/