Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2531323334353637 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm fully expecting a mysterium upgrade next time wolverine dies and a big deal is made out of it. It would make him a walking item against magic and probably improve his healing factor without the admantium poison.
    I’d buy that book. Good idea J.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    With mysterium he'd be able to defend himself against some of the most powerful magic in the universe and whatever dimension, but he'd still be Magneto's bitch.
    Forget Magneto...

Once even the possibility that his skeleton was bonded with something worth that much that conducted electricity at one hundred percent got out?

It would be a repeating cycle of...

- Electrical weapon of some sort fries him like KFC.
    - His now "Seriously Well Done..." body gets stripped for the value of the stuff bonded to his skeleton.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I mean fucking her archenemys wife dressed as her would definitely fit Moira's apparent level of pettiness
    Wait does Destiny wear a mask or is that her mutant face? I've never actually known her story beginnings

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    They def came off trying to be the smartest people in the room and the artist clocked it perfectly. Why would Xavier and MAngeto assume they have more of a choice on who should be on the council, why would they feel they should talk to each other independtly rather than an open forum. And Emma played it perfectly with the "you captains plan to do this with no input from the council." about the generals so she could then use that against Charles and Magneto because they and Moira aren't asking the council for anything either, they are playing games and thinking no one will pick up on it in an attempt to keep moira happy. They messed up this time.

edit: Now compare that to the Arrako council where storm actually has two votes in the all around chair so something like this could work in her favor but definitely not charles and erik where in public the council is equal.
    Xavier looks more stupid with every passing issue. We hear Moira tell him Mystique 'has to be removed from a position of power' .Xavier the 'genius' created the whole mess by giving Mystique a QC seat in the first place.By putting her there he made Irene the bargaining chip, and put Mystique's demands front and center..If she was not a QC member none of this would be an issue, she would probably persist but it would take her longer to get herself the likely favours she's getting(likely from Sinister for starters)What an absolute dunce!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Xavier looks more stupid with every passing issue. We hear Moira tell him Mystique 'has to be removed from a position of power' .Xavier the 'genius' created the whole mess by giving Mystique a QC seat in the first place.By putting her there he made Irene the bargaining chip, and put Mystique's demands front and center..If she was not a QC member none of this would be an issue, she would probably persist but it would take her longer to get herself the likely favours she's getting(likely from Sinister for starters)What an absolute dunce!
    It’s not just Xavier, the whole premise is riddled with dumb and “ hard to agree” characters decisions that only exist by plot necessity despite any logic and for the sake of making the story possible
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    Hey, now that’s a damn good idea!
    No... No, it's not... Adamantium still allows Logan's bones to produce blood and such. The same can't be said about The White Hot Room derived Mysterium. See what I did there
    Last edited by Micabe; 10-03-2021 at 01:06 PM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Wait does Destiny wear a mask or is that her mutant face? I've never actually known her story beginnings
    Nah, she's a normal looking old lady (with a smoking body) under the mask, but she's blind, so her mask doesn't need eye-holes and can look all iconic creepy mannequin.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Nah, she's a normal looking old lady (with a smoking body) under the mask, but she's blind, so her mask doesn't need eye-holes and can look all iconic creepy mannequin.
    Aha...thanks .Most of the issues I've seen with her , show her in this mask and Cape get up.So I wasn't sure

Did mystique not use the resurrection process to restore Destiny's youth?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Sort of makes some assumptions, no?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Gotta say, in light of how Moira pretty much became the overnight Big Bad, I'm kinda surprised folks haven't joked about insane Moira/Vulcan retcons.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Hard to say when all we see are her thighs.
    My flag is bacon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Forget Magneto...

Once even the possibility that his skeleton was bonded with something worth that much that conducted electricity at one hundred percent got out?

It would be a repeating cycle of...

- Electrical weapon of some sort fries him like KFC.
    - His now "Seriously Well Done..." body gets stripped for the value of the stuff bonded to his skeleton.
    And now i wonder how much that would actualy mess with the bioelectric currents of his nervous system?

All these tiny but numericaly massive electric pulses going through the neurons constantly going on near a (or in case of those in muscles that are attached to it ending in a) skeleton which can now transmit electricity with next to no loss in charge.

That has to produce some kind of problem.

Then again Wolverine in general should not be able to function very well with his skeleton entirely sealed off with a metal (a healing factor can not reasonable replace basic functions necessary for things like blood cell production) anyway.

So mysterium interfering with his basic biological functions could be ignored just aswell.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Then again Wolverine in general should not be able to function very well with his skeleton entirely sealed off with a metal (a healing factor can not reasonable replace basic functions necessary for things like blood cell production) anyway.

So mysterium interfering with his basic biological functions could be ignored just as well.
    Yeah, that's my thought as well. The adamantium-bonding-to-bones thing is already pretty much comic-book-wahoo, not 'science' anyway, so I expect replacing it with mysterium, or MCU vibranium, which has even *more* 'whatever properties the writer wants' would be similarly cool bennies and only the drawbacks the writers want to deal with.

I mean, his claws would fold back and tear off the back of hands any time he clawed anything tougher than *a human tendon and 0.07 inches of human skin,* since it's not like he's got adamantium tendons holding them attached to his body... (Back in the 80s, in Days of Future Past, Byrne drew him with actual metal housings in his arm, and they would have totally worked, as the metal housing reinforced the far end of the stabby and kept them from ripping loose. Now that they're organic bone claws with a razor-thin coating of metal, not so much. On the upside, at least he has a nose again!)

Extraordinary Member

What's w/ all the Destiny thirst, has she always been this attractive?Could you maybe site some issues so that I can check it out for myself........ for science of course, yeah.For Science