Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

One theory I have. If Destiny wasn't actually resurrected somehow either by the five or by other means, maybe it is another metamorph. Possibly Carmen from Children of the Atom? I believe she briefly met Mystique, it could be possible that Mystique reached out to her and got her under her wing, then had her morph into Destiny. that way it's a cover, this isn't Mystique because Mystique is right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    This is one reason i had such an issue with the "every mutant (heros and villains) is now allied under one nation" setup ever since Hickman introduced it with HOX/POX.

There is simply too much power, possebilities and options in the hands of the heros at all time, that nothing short of an unexpected event level villain with "prep time" should even be a problem for them collectively anymore (and they are now always "collective").

This of course pushes the writers into a hard corner, since they still need to have enemies which at least should feel like they are capable of matching or beating the heros, but there aren't many established ones, especialy on Earth, who could logicaly match what X-men have right now and creating new villain groups, who's equality or superiority to the heros needs to be "earned" in the eyes of the readers, takes time and effort.

As a result many of the current writers seem to simply make the heros less capable than they should be, less smart than they have been established to be, or weirdly oblivious to the options they have now. Without real explanation or even handwave.

Hordeculture, Xeno, Orchis, etc. They all didn't "earn" their role as danger to the X-men, but simply got it handed to them by having the heros be extremely inept when encountering them.

Which yes, this issue demonstrates all too well.

This gets worse when the same writers have no issue with using all these tools at their disposale when they want to make the heros look powerfull like in SWORD or during the Hellfire Gala with the terraforming of Mars.

For a group which can steal material from the "center of creation", has millions of differently power mutants at their disposale and wants to become a galactic power, a space base made with purely advanced human technology should be little problem.

Teleport it into a black hole, time manipulate it, throw asteroids at it, create a portal directly in the sun and shoot plasma lances at it, overgrow it with plants from the inside, fill it with clones of Maggot's slugs so that they devour it in minutes, fill it with self replicating cats, flood it with water, flood it with magma, flood it with 20 different types of corrosive gases, freeze it, turn it into stone, introduce a self replicating virus into the computer which plays every Justin Bieber song at the same time over the loud speaker system at full volume!

Don't just send the same proven to be extremely inept small team of mutants in over and over.

So yeah, the writers, including Hickman seem to have written themself into a corner and all they seem to be able to do is to make the heros look like fools.

And i'm sorry to repeat it (and this rant). But this is the reason i feel Krakoa needs to go, even if it's one of the better things to happen to the mutants in the past 20 years, it just damages the narrative too much right now.
    They could just stop trying to have everyone make mutants go extinct. I think most fans are just over it at this point. opposition is one thing but for a life style to be made out of erradicating people for just being different is not the story xmen was trying to tell. it was trying to move it forward to show there are ways to accept everyone that isn't inherently a murderous hose bag. But we are trapped in this continous catch 22 of different equal needs to be destroyed and there is no middle ground, there is no growing demographic as the marvel universe grows there is just blunt oppression so if that is what is presented i can see how most just dgaf about the mundaneness.

Think about this, most of the MU being okay with the mutants having a place and actively working with them so these organizations seem more extreme and it makes sense when they hold a lot of power.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Moira secretly being Orchis does put a new light on Mutants Always Lose.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I definitely think it's Destiny and i think the winter crew is the tightest out of all of them and Exodus and Sinster have been in on Mystique's end game for some time. Also given the name of the council sections all of their stories have hit in the months they represent ie. Kitty dying in spring, storm new role in summer, Apoc story happened in fall so winter is coming.
    The thing about the seasons corresponding to stories is very interesting, I never thought about it that way before. Something I will keep in mind as I read the rest of the series.
    Also yeah, I've changed my mind and agree with you that it is most likely the real Destiny, resurrected by Mystique after she stole Cerebro and the DNA samples.

This also would fit in with Mystique being the magneto that danced with Wanda. she had one busy few days. lol
    Eh, I feel like that scene from S.W.O.R.D. 6 would be ruined if it was revealed that either Wanda or Magneto were fakes of some kind.
    I know people like to speculate that Mystique was behind the plot of ToM, because of anger or pettiness or something, but I think that will just distract from her Inferno plotline.
    I prefer ToM being more of a Wanda and Magneto character study.
    However, I do think that Mystique got the idea to resurrect Destiny this way from the scene at the end of Trial of Magneto 2 where she sees the [resurrected?] Wanda make an entrance.

They could just stop trying to have everyone make mutants go extinct. I think most fans are just over it at this point. opposition is one thing but for a life style to be made out of erradicating people for just being different is not the story xmen was trying to tell. it was trying to move it forward to show there are ways to accept everyone that isn't inherently a murderous hose bag. But we are trapped in this continous catch 22 of different equal needs to be destroyed and there is no middle ground, there is no growing demographic as the marvel universe grows there is just blunt oppression so if that is what is presented i can see how most just dgaf about the mundaneness.

Think about this, most of the MU being okay with the mutants having a place and actively working with them so these organizations seem more extreme and it makes sense when they hold a lot of power.
    Or an Inhuman faction who feels threatened by Krakoa. They have the Terrigen mist to poision Kraoka trees.

Sooooo just a question has it been explained who Proteus Mother is ???

We do know for sure that the Wanda who died and the Wanda who danced with Erik are definitely not the same person due to the time of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    Or an Inhuman faction who feels threatened by Krakoa. They have the Terrigen mist to poision Kraoka trees.
    Oh the Inhumans aren't going to be relevant for a long, long time. Even the MCU isn't using them for Kamala's origin, and she's the only Inhuman worth a damn these days. And once the MCU changes it don't be shocked if there's a subsequent retcon.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    We do know for sure that the Wanda who died and the Wanda who danced with Erik are definitely not the same person due to the time of death.
    Has the time stamp been confirmed to be deliberate and not an error?

I am trying not to take much of the trial at face value yet.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Has the time stamp been confirmed to be deliberate and not an error?

I am trying not to take much of the trial at face value yet.
    Itd be massive editorial oversight to make such a big deal about the Galas timeline and then totally forget immediately after when she supposedly died. Especially since I'm very sure the reason for the emphasis on the time was for that story.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestro 216 View Post
    We saw how well that worked out for the german equivalent of super power elitism. And i like the inhumans. But i still don't understand and laugh about what world marvel thought they would get away with a literal green gas going around poisoning people. It's one of those thoughts frozen in my mind like no one said "hey guys' this looks kind of like...."
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Oh the Inhumans aren't going to be relevant for a long, long time. Even the MCU isn't using them for Kamala's origin, and she's the only Inhuman worth a damn these days. And once the MCU changes it don't be shocked if there's a subsequent retcon.
    That's a shame because that stupid damn series ruined them.

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    Sooooo just a question has it been explained who Proteus Mother is ???
    We don't even still know who pyro mother is.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by alanyoung909 View Post
    The thing about the seasons corresponding to stories is very interesting, I never thought about it that way before. Something I will keep in mind as I read the rest of the series.
    Also yeah, I've changed my mind and agree with you that it is most likely the real Destiny, resurrected by Mystique after she stole Cerebro and the DNA samples.

Eh, I feel like that scene from S.W.O.R.D. 6 would be ruined if it was revealed that either Wanda or Magneto were fakes of some kind.
    I know people like to speculate that Mystique was behind the plot of ToM, because of anger or pettiness or something, but I think that will just distract from her Inferno plotline.
    I prefer ToM being more of a Wanda and Magneto character study.
    However, I do think that Mystique got the idea to resurrect Destiny this way from the scene at the end of Trial of Magneto 2 where she sees the [resurrected?] Wanda make an entrance.
    lowkey i feel the same way, but it would make sense
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

All-New Member

What is Moira's motivation? Why would she want mutants to lose?

Maybe she doesn't. I think Moira just wants to live. That fear Destiny (any Mystique) put into her is driving her actions. She wants an 11th life so she's gotta figure out a way thru her 10th. Maybe she thinks creating Orchis is her way. Everyone else is disposable to her since if she can just reincarnate. She was one of the first mutants to overcome death.