Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Destiny being some kind of uber chessmaster supreme threat will never not be funny to me after seeing her try and fail to kill 1 US congressmen with a crossbow while not having enough foresight to realize it would end badly to everyone.
    Is it any bigger a retcon than Moira not only being a mutant, but the most important mutant ever born?

I know I’m late to say this, but I laughed at how Magneto died and smiled when Moira called both of them out on their egos.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!”

Fantastic Member

I have this theory that Kitty is secretly ten steps ahead of everybody and destroys Orchis by doing the one thing Xavier and Magneto would never do... asking for help.
    Last edited by Marvelman; 09-30-2021 at 08:13 PM.

Thinking about it further i have to wonder how much time passed before Emma resurrected Mags, and charles, i am now fully expecting them to walk out of that room and be positively verklempt by the changes.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thinking about it further i have to wonder how much time passed before Emma resurrected Mags, and charles, i am now fully expecting them to walk out of that room and be positively verklempt by the changes.
    I'm guessing she revived them after she helped Mystique nrevive Destiny.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

I think their deads will be just like the ones of Scottīs team on Hox/PoX in the end, I could see them trying to destroy Orchis together and maybe be sucessful this time, die and then being brought back but Krakoa and the QC will definitely be changed when they go back. I could see Magneto leaving the QC and maybe Xavier too, for other characters to take their place in the QC, mostly because with the situation with Destiny and the precognitives revealed, they will probably lose their standing with the other members of the council.

I also think is all about a final confrontation between Moira and Destiny to see whoīs really trying to help mutants and whoīs not, because right now it looks like Moira is helping out because of her fear of Destiny so she may as well be helping Orchis and doesnīt want Irene back for this same reason but we donīt know yet Destiny and Mystique full agenda.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-30-2021 at 10:16 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    I was half joking about Wanda and Exodus here but yes, on a serious note, I can totally see him being angry over Wandaīs actions but he had a problem with Wanda before that, symply because she was Magnetoīs daughter, so I donīt think itīs a strech both concepts are mixing in his understanding of the situation, in fact, this mere fact may be one of the reasons why he has not confronted her yet, because he definitely would have done so with any other person responsible of the same thing but well, we probably are also reading too much into this.
    Well, yeah. The entire point of the Magneto Fanboy analogy was to try and reconcile the character's overall arc with all the non-explanations we didn't even get. Mmm. It just dawned on me poor Exodus might not even get his own relationship status update data page, lol. Oh well.

I think their deads will be just like the ones of Scottīs team on Hox/PoX in the end, I could see them trying to destroy Orchis together and maybe be sucessful this time, die and then being brought back but Krakoa and the QC will definitely be changed when they go back.
    I got a "You failed and you won't get to try again, wegothisGTFOalreadylololololol." vibe from the flashforward scene with Emma. Folks aren't usually that casual and smug about backstabbing war heroes who actually got the job done.

I could see the boys succeeding at breaking some of Orchis' toys or whatever, but surely Hickman wouldn't have his Off-Panel Sensation Big Bad get punked so hard and so fast, right? Surely they'll hang around until the next mid-season finale? Not that I *feel* one way or another about it. It's more of a "Please don't take it to the next level of awful, pretty please" kind of thing.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Well, yeah. The entire point of the Magneto Fanboy analogy was to try and reconcile the character's overall arc with all the non-explanations we didn't even get. Mmm. It just dawned on me poor Exodus might not even get his own relationship status update data page, lol. Oh well.
    Exactly imo now that writers are taking the time to explore characters like Sinister and Sabretooth, I think it would be great to give Exodus this treatment, he had a strong presence in the 90īs because his story, objetives and methods were quite clear, now itīs really hard to tell whatīs in character for him or not or how he sees the acolytes, krakoa and Magneto because we have seen very little of him to know whatīs his position truly is, so the best we as readers can do is build a narrative for him from his previous appareances but the best thing for him would be to see a story or an issue to get his pov.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    I got a "You failed and you won't get to try again, wegothisGTFOalreadylololololol." vibe from the flashforward scene with Emma. Folks aren't usually that casual and smug about backstabbing war heroes who actually got the job done.

I could see the boys succeeding at breaking some of Orchis' toys or whatever, but surely Hickman wouldn't have his Off-Panel Sensation Big Bad get punked so hard and so fast, right? Surely they'll hang around until the next mid-season finale? Not that I *feel* one way or another about it. It's more of a "Please don't take it to the next level of awful, pretty please" kind of thing.

Well Emma can be very smug indeed, especially when she gets to have a highter position, just ask Shaw and I usually would agree they donīt receive War heros this way, the problem is that I feel this story is going to be about the X-men rejecting their leadership because of " their secrets" even if they had reason for this and did their part to keep Krakoa running and the fight with Orchis going on,imo, their main mistake was probably putting so much stock in what Moira told them and they are arleady trying to change tactis when it comes to this, because they canīt afford to lose Moiraīs knowledge, the stakes are too high but they canīt blindly trust her either because she keeps asking them to keep dead the one person that can see all her lives besides herself, hence the only person that can give evidence that what she says is true or not and it doesnīt help her position the fact sheīs giving priority to keeping Detiny dead over more intel in how to deal with Orchis.

Now about Orchis, they have been around doing stuff but I think they are the weakest part of this story, they symply donīt feel like a big menace even if they have gotten Magneto and X-force killed, because we didnīt see any of that, we just were told they were killed out of page and this doesnīt help to give them the gravitas they need to represent a strong enough adversary for Krakoa, even Moira,Charles and Erik agreed they still had years before things got really bad and the fact Charles and Erik are suggesting an "alliance" with the machines would be really OOC if Orchis was such a big problem, like they would never suggest something like that if they really saw Orchis as an unmanageble problem whose only objective is to get rid of all of them, you canīt make an alliance with something like that. I could buy Omega sentinel or Bastion alone but not Orchis as a group.

So I personally would prefer for Orchis to be defeated in this story to close up HoX and get rid of the weakest part of the narrative and persent a more stablished and clear enemy in their instance, that presents enough gravitas and power to keep the collective power of Krakoa on itīs toes and right now Moira is looking a bigger candidate for that than Orchis or the Phalanx would be another good option as well.
    Last edited by Lucyinthesky; 09-30-2021 at 11:51 PM.
    "To the X-men then, who donīt die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

So I personally would prefer for Orchis to be defeated in this story to close up HoX and get rid of the weakest part of the narrative and persent a more stablished and clear enemy in their instance, that presents enough gravitas and power to keep the collective power of Krakoa on itīs toes and right now Moira is looking a bigger candidate for that than Orchis or the Phalanx would be another good option as well.
    *Cue Moira joining/becoming Orchis.*

I couldn't resist.

Astonishing Member

Exactly imo now that writers are taking the time to explore characters like Sinister and Sabretooth, I think it would be great to give Exodus this treatment, he had a strong presence in the 90īs because his story, objetives and methods were quite clear, now itīs really hard to tell whatīs in character for him or not or how he sees the acolytes, krakoa and Magneto because we have seen very little of him to know whatīs his position truly is, so the best we as readers can do is build a narrative for him from his previous appareances but the best thing for him would be to see a story or an issue to get his pov.

Well Emma can be very smug indeed, especially when she gets to have a highter position, just ask Shaw and I usually would agree they donīt receive War heros this way, the problem is that I feel this story is going to be about the X-men rejecting their leadership because of " their secrets" even if they had reason for this and did their part to keep Krakoa running and the fight with Orchis going on,imo, their main mistake was probably putting so much stock in what Moira told them and they are arleady trying to change tactis when it comes to this, because they canīt afford to lose Moiraīs knowledge, the stakes are too high but they canīt blindly trust her either because she keeps asking them to keep dead the one person that can see all her lives besides herself, hence the only person that can give evidence that what she says is true or not and it doesnīt help her position the fact sheīs giving priority to keeping Detiny dead over more intel in how to deal with Orchis.

Now about Orchis, they have been around doing stuff but I think they are the weakest part of this story, they symply donīt feel like a big menace even if they have gotten Magneto and X-force killed, because we didnīt see any of that, we just were told they were killed out of page and this doesnīt help to give them the gravitas they need to represent a strong enough adversary for Krakoa, even Moira,Charles and Erik agreed they still had years before things got really bad and the fact Charles and Erik are suggesting an "alliance" with the machines would be really OOC if Orchis was such a big problem, like they would never suggest something like that if they really saw Orchis as an unmanageble problem whose only objective is to get rid of all of them, you canīt make an alliance with something like that. I could buy Omega sentinel or Bastion alone but not Orchis as a group.

I agree ,as an Exodus fan, I feel he has been grossly underused , in this era with blink and you'll miss him quotes here and there.The only plus has been he seems to be depicted as noble and dignified,above the scheming and duplicity ,running through 90% of the council.He seems like the adult in the room at all times.I still think he is better as an autonomous character, just like WSword .I find them very similar characters as purists or idealists not ready to compromise on their lofty goals.For that reason I find Exodus' presence on the council very limiting. He is better served doing his own thing ,than just watching the QC circus.

because they canīt afford to lose Moiraīs knowledge, the stakes are too high but they canīt blindly trust her either because she keeps asking them to keep dead the one person that can see all her lives besides herself, hence the only person that can give evidence that what she says is true or not and it doesnīt help her position the fact sheīs giving priority to keeping Detiny dead over more intel in how to deal with Orchis.

Just as a very minor correction. Destiny can't see all of Moira's lives. Moira is actually a giant empty space that she can't see directly. What she saw in Life 3 was the results of Moira's research wiping out all of the mutants so they just went to the source to snuff it out. Destiny finding out she was a mutant was just a coincidence to that action.

But that's also why Moira keeping her dead is the biggest mystery in the Hickman-era: Is Moira doing it for spite or is she's doing it because Destiny is going to see something that Moira is planning that is a threat to mutants and tell everyone.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    Just as a very minor correction. Destiny can't see all of Moira's lives. Moira is actually a giant empty space that she can't see directly. What she saw in Life 3 was the results of Moira's research wiping out all of the mutants so they just went to the source to snuff it out. Destiny finding out she was a mutant was just a coincidence to that action.

But that's also why Moira keeping her dead is the biggest mystery in the Hickman-era: Is Moira doing it for spite or is she's doing it because Destiny is going to see something that Moira is planning that is a threat to mutants and tell everyone.
    I honestly think it's vengeance, born from Destiny's threat and following up on it by having her torched like some 16th century witch.The mental scars festered into a full blown vendetta. What I find bizzare is if Destiny knew that once Moira dies history resets, why bother revealing anything and causing that butterfly effect?Just let her administer the cure in life 3, have her live out her life , and when she is born ,seek her out and kill her before her 13th birthday in life 4 problem solved.Destiny in hindsight looks a fool.If she saw that at the end an island would be the last refuge but would be a danger to mutantdom as a result of Moira's actions, why set the whole thing in motion? Does Destiny have no agency in the grand scheme of events?

I don't think Charles and Erik had Nimrod in mind when suggesting an alliance with machines, but rather getting the help of friendly AI to help defeat Orchis. The fact remains that Xavier kept Danger's existence a secret specifically because he didn't want to risk accidentally harming her by trying to extract her from the Danger Room systems prematurely, even though doing so was a huge gamble. Even Erik ending up trusting her to the point of putting her in charge of keeping the time-displaced O5 safe and train them before sending them back to their own timeline.
    To me that means they've been playing with the idea of enlisting the help of mutant-friendly AI for a while already, and probably told Danger to keep a low profile until they managed to convince Moira before revealing their secret side project.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I think you are right. Kurt sporting his beard at the end of WoX is a sign of a time shift too, I think those last few panels in Onslaught Revaluation are in the new, post-Inferno Krakoan order.
    53ED0308-1117-4883-84A0-10DC03895DB3.jpg

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I think you are right. Kurt sporting his beard at the end of WoX is a sign of a time shift too, I think those last few panels in Onslaught Revaluation are in the new, post-Inferno Krakoan order.
    53ED0308-1117-4883-84A0-10DC03895DB3.jpg
    Not so sure, remember Age of X, spending time in Legion's pocket universes can create time dilation effects, besides who can say Kurt didn't just have a shave