Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    What's w/ all the Destiny thirst, has she always been this attractive?Could you maybe site some issues so that I can check it out for myself........ for science of course, yeah.For Science
    Old ladies are hot now apparently. She's a super GILF.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by spiderfan001 View Post
    what's w/ all the destiny thirst, has she always been this attractive?could you maybe site some issues so that i can check it out for myself........ For science of course, yeah.for science
    rom #32

BANNED

After all this overthinking with first few panels of Emma 's appearance in the issue. I realized that it could simply be the fact that the resurrection protocols weren't working and most of the mutants were dead due to "Orchis attack" but Emma found out the solution how to resurrect all the characters

I guess Orchis also teamed up with Rasputin (I don't remember the first name) but then again I am not sure what's Colossus role in this
    Last edited by Vishop; 10-04-2021 at 12:48 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Hard to say when all we see are her thighs.
    Lol, she can call Masque for a facelift anytime, if others need a closer inspection.

Astonishing Member

I get the weird feeling one of two possibilities will happen:

1.Assuming Moira is the archfiend, which is likely ,even if she may die by the end of Inferno,I think the whole Shiar Golem thing could come off as her ultimate safety net. Maybe she realised becoming immortal is impossible for her so she had Shiar logic crystals store her memories and plans into some android body, whose directives kick in after her mortal body dies(for that I guess it has to be kept in a zone not affected by her death resets , like Otherworld) There's even a possibility she sneakily keeps her memories in that golem to ascend to the Phalanx..so that the machines remain aware.I don't think this will be the end of Moira affecting Krakoa. The way she didn't answer the question when Xavier asked if she thought of embracing technology yet they created a golem to fake her death was strange by her. I feel that was intentional or maybe Xavier was not part of this plan(to completely forget it seems strange) perhaps she had the golem created with the Shiar in secret?

2.Alia Gregor if Moira really dies, will likely be the one to take the mantle of being the main Orchis villain over time. Right now she seems to have plenty of focus on her ,I don't think it's accidental.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Yeah, that's my thought as well. The adamantium-bonding-to-bones thing is already pretty much comic-book-wahoo, not 'science' anyway, so I expect replacing it with mysterium, or MCU vibranium, which has even *more* 'whatever properties the writer wants' would be similarly cool bennies and only the drawbacks the writers want to deal with.
    I would wait with expecting Wolverine to get vibranium bonding, since they could now introduce adamantium in the MCU at any upcomming movie thanks to the FOX merger. Infact the appearance of adamantium could end up playing a role in upcomming Black Panther or Wakanda stories via threatening their technological and military advantage because there would now be a second mysterius super metal on Earth with similar properties and advantages (and sub-versions like carbonadium and secondary adamantium).

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I mean, his claws would fold back and tear off the back of hands any time he clawed anything tougher than *a human tendon and 0.07 inches of human skin,* since it's not like he's got adamantium tendons holding them attached to his body... (Back in the 80s, in Days of Future Past, Byrne drew him with actual metal housings in his arm, and they would have totally worked, as the metal housing reinforced the far end of the stabby and kept them from ripping loose. Now that they're organic bone claws with a razor-thin coating of metal, not so much. On the upside, at least he has a nose again!)
    I have to agree that the blades made a lot more sense as having been an "extra" which Weapon X installed into his body as part of the skeletal reinforcement, complete with cybernetic "sheaths" to anchor them in the arms and hands.
    With his mutant powers having only been his animalistic senses and rapid regeneration.

It fit the theme of his transformation by the process and is in line with many cyberpunk stories of the time in which blades are hidden in the body via augmentations.

Also before that the claws were original just in his gloves. Which also made sense since it allowed them to be strapped across his arms, with similar reinforcement. So more a weapon he specialized in, rather than a special part of his being. But if i recall right, the writers eventualy decided that the blades had to be infused in his body or else "everyone could be Wolverine", just by having his gloves.

Which is somewhat funny since showcasing self made Wolverine claws seems to have been a popular fan invention for decades and such devices are also not that uncommon in comics either. AOA Kitty Pryde for example had her own set.

And then the writers of the 90's decided that wasn't enough and the claws had to always be part of his powers, anatomic issues be damned. Which was followed by writers trying to be clever about introducing genetic offshots of Wolverine with "odd" claw placement or numbers starting with X-23 and her feet blade, followed by Daken and his lower wrist blades. All which should rip out of their wrist or feet with ease, given they are not very well fixed.

Even the Hairy Frog, an actual amphibia which intentionaly breaks the bones in their fingers and toes to produce makeshift claws (which shows that sometimes nature has a funny way to be ahead of fiction writers), which makes it the closest to anything in nature resembling Wolverine (hyper regeneration included), requires special nodules to anchor them. Also they are short and purely defensive.

It's also somewhat amusing to consider that the the character who could most reasonable do the "bone Wolverine claws" (and in all configuration too), because of having the ability to anchor them to the hands internaly, is entirely biological unrelated to Wolverine, generaly not taken very seriously and only actualy done Wolverine's claws once.

PS: Personal opinion. I always find the bone claws in the movies to have looked quite awkward and not particular usefull and even in the comics they can often look wrong depending on the artist. So i was never much of a fan of them.
    Last edited by Grunty; 10-04-2021 at 11:52 AM.

Spectacular Member

Fake-out or not, it really does look like Hickman is setting up Moira as the hidden bad-guy of the era. So a few niggling points that have bothered me since HoX/PoX might be relevant.

Do you recall the run-down of her lives Moira provided, which was possibly the bullet-point presentation Xavier received when he read her mind? In her first life Moira apparently lived into a ripe old age as a Scottish housewife with a loving husband and family, no mutant powers and, most importantly, no mutant issues whatsoever. She didn't even know there were mutants or that there was a name for them until, I believe, Life 2. On the one hand, discovering in Life 2 that she could never recapture this idyll of domestic bliss and that all of her beloved children and grandchildren simply wouldn't exist anymore might have had a substantial effect on her opinion of mutantkind in general and her own mutant ability in particular, and have fed into the decision in Life 3 to remove the mutant gene. That makes sense and fits the story.

But... how believable is Life 1? This Moira lived through a period of history in which mutantkind appeared, were persecuted under Xavier, fought back under Magneto, got stomped by Sentinels, ended up in prison camps and/or took over much of the world under Apocalypse, etc etc, all of which we know must have happened because the story tells us that history plays out the same way each time with only Moira's actions changing anything from the destined path of mutant defeat... but this elderly Scottish woman with the big family (none of whom are born with an x-gene) and the inquisitive mind (it's her nature) somehow didn't hear anything at all about it? She didn't even have a word for what a mutant was?

I haz ma doots. It could well be just reading too much into things, but the whole of Life 1 smacks of there being more to it than Moira has let on.

And yeah, the conversation with Mystique and Destiny in Inferno#1 makes it pretty clear that Moira has only been working through various scenarios for mutant survival out of fear of what Destiny would do to her if she didn't. OTOH, it also makes pretty clear that Destiny only 'sees' Moira via the eddies her actions create, Moira herself is a blank to her. She only found her in Life 3 because she was the source of the mutant cure, and yet through all of her other lives, where Moira is at the centre of a lot of events that arguably lead directly to mutant defeat... no sign of Destiny. Which is a bit odd, unless it turns out that nudging events so that someone else was entirely responsible for taking Destiny off the board has been part of Moira's hustle since Life 4 or 5, or, possibly, each iteration of Destiny has got out of Moira's way once she 'saw' the truth about Moira's power and how many lives it would take to get to any possible mutant survival scenario... but that's never sat right either.

The reinvention of Destiny as this uber-perceptive futureseer who alone can see the multiple future lives of a woman who hasn't even recreated the universe in which those lives are lived yet smacks too much of the Bendisian reinvention of the Scarlet Witch as a cosmic level reality warper on a par with the Phoenix, and I think we can all agree that was a heap of mammoth dump. No, it makes more sense that she's just the first precog to 'see' Moira, and her threat to stalk her through every potential reincarnation if she again put that brilliant mind towards the end of wiping out mutantkind is purely a function of how her power works - she'd 'see' her because the mutant-free future Destiny witnessed would lead right back to Moira, and the conclusion of Life 3 would repeat itself.

Which would suggest that Moira can't be the bad-guy, because if she really is working towards a bad ending for mutants then Destiny would have seen it. By the time Destiny died Moira was already waaaaaay too important to the future of mutantkind for any nefarious scheming to be missed. She had to be NOT working against mutants, and not even working behind the scenes to get Destiny killed, because if Destiny's continued existence was the only thumb in the dyke keeping Moira from breaking bad, the ramifications of Destiny dying would have been so major as to warn her in advance of what was going to happen.

Which leads to the non-denial denial when Charles and Eric asked Moira about the possibility of working with the machines. This was suggested a loooooong time ago, way back in the early days of the reboot. It's just the obvious next iteration of the campaign for mutant survival and a natural fit for Life 10's motto of "This time we break all the rules". Moira has all the information about Nimrod's creation and coding she could possibly need after Life 9's marriage to Apocalypse, and she's had a lifetime in which to infiltrate her future-tech command overrides into the base code of the Sentinels in particular and AI in general. Reprogramming the machines from the ground up to one day 'mutate' into allies and protectors of mutantkind would be the only possible route to mutant survival left for someone who had tried everything else. They're inevitable anyway and, as she found out from the Librarian, they're not even the main enemy. That would be bio-engineered humanity, the superhumans.

So, yeah, Moira is the architect of Orchis, using humankind's hatred and fear of mutantkind against them to mass produce the AI intelligences that have her mutated code at their core. That's her master plan, but she can't have Destiny (or any other precog) around to see it because the horrendous losses mutantkind will have to suffer getting from A to B (and eventually to C, either annexation into the Titan superintelligence or a Phoenix-led war against them for Universal supremacy) would be too much for any tiny little Earth-bound mind to contemplate.

Or I'm totally off base and Moira's just really doesn't like geriatric hotties.
    Last edited by Nullviahomo; 10-05-2021 at 04:29 AM. Reason: Grammar

Astonishing Member

Just for fun any ideas how the QC vote for Irene will go?
    My take

I'm guessing from the panel reactions:
    Magneto-No (obvious+ revenge for Wanda vote)
    Xavier-No(obvious)
    Storm -Yes(Arraki have a precog so should Krakoa)
    Kurt -No(Still not over Onslaught effects on resurrection)
    Shaw -Yes(Could use a precog in my own plans)
    Emma -Yes(X and M object, all the more reason to get her back and force them off the QC)
    Sinister -Yes(an opportunity to screw X,M and Krakoa..for the lolz)
    Exodus -unsure(likely 'yes' A precog is valuable in a war against Krakoa's enemies BUT possibly 'no' if he senses Mystique mind wants to wreck Krakoa)
    Kate -Yes (She voted to have SW resurrected on grounds of fairness)
    Last edited by Rev9; 10-06-2021 at 05:41 AM.

All-New Member

yeah, forgot about there. thx for the reminder.
    so , it surpose to be coated? (not sure about the word) before the mind imprint , right?
    cuz it gonna be hurting like a bitch.

All-New Member

hate to be a pooper here, i seem remember it says mysterium just do not react with magic but not repel magic. so it'd protect wolfie from magic messing with his brains and bones, it doesn't automatically make him an antimagic charm, right ? that's a bit op imo.
    and they never clearly state how durable mysterium is, comparing to adamantium.
    don't get me wrong , there's big potential here. i guess it just depends on how the writers gonna write it without writing themselves into corner

I'm late to the party, I've just read Inferno 1 and I absolutely ADORED IT. The character work and dialogues are outstanding.

I have no idea why we haven't got this level of writing in the last 2 years. It will be a fantastic end of Hickman's run. Unfortunately, only beginning and end have been bloody fantastic. I really wished—and I'm disappointed it wasn't the case—that this would have been the quality of writing throughout the entire last 2 years!!!

I feel like we as X-Men fans have been robbed of an amazing run!

Quote Originally Posted by gucle View Post
    hate to be a pooper here, i seem remember it says mysterium just do not react with magic but not repel magic. so it'd protect wolfie from magic messing with his brains and bones, it doesn't automatically make him an antimagic charm, right ? that's a bit op imo.
    and they never clearly state how durable mysterium is, comparing to adamantium.
    don't get me wrong , there's big potential here. i guess it just depends on how the writers gonna write it without writing themselves into corner
    I looked it up and apparently mysterium is weaker than the type of adamantium which is bonded to Logan’s bones, that being true (primary) adamantium. When mysterium sets (cools below 200 degrees Kelvin), its strength and durability is equal to secondary adamantium. True adamantium is still stronger though.

From: https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Adama..._A-Z_Vol_1_1-2

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Mysterium_(Metal)

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I can clearly see Moira playing the Long Game to have her vengeance against Destiny and subsequently all mutants. I don't particularly like it for a plot twist but...it would make sense.
    Now that Destiny is back though...
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I'm late to the party, I've just read Inferno 1 and I absolutely ADORED IT. The character work and dialogues are outstanding.

I have no idea why we haven't got this level of writing in the last 2 years. It will be a fantastic end of Hickman's run. Unfortunately, only beginning and end have been bloody fantastic. I really wished—and I'm disappointed it wasn't the case—that this would have been the quality of writing throughout the entire last 2 years!!!

I feel like we as X-Men fans have been robbed of an amazing run!
    If we had maintained this level of quality, then the story would've ended a while ago. Hickman's whole tale could've probably been told in a year.

A lot of the "bad" writing is the filler material in between.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    If we had maintained this level of quality, then the story would've ended a while ago. Hickman's whole tale could've probably been told in a year.

A lot of the "bad" writing is the filler material in between.
    Grant Morrison (New X-Men) or Rick Remender (Uncanny X-Force) also have managed to create several years of top notch content. I think it has more to do with the market and the need to sell as many series as possible and less with "good" or "bad" writing. Unfortunately, is was a greedy company mentality that took over after House of X.

In my eyes, Hickman should have just write his series in 2 or 3 years before another writer takes over for him. For me this entire collaborative "writer's room" concept didn't really seem to have worked out so well. It is a wonderful idea and I bet the writers had a great time with each other but unforutnaltey most series have been quite mediocre and pointless for the overall storyline...

I'll enjoyed "Inferno" as long as it will last and will have to move on to other genre content.
    Last edited by Exodus; 10-22-2021 at 06:57 AM.