Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Or have Lila Cheney teleport in with the Xorn twins and send them into a Black Hole.
    Or call on several teleporters and your strongest mutants, lactua would know how to get in since she is all lnowing and wreck the place. It makes no sense to keep sending small inefficient and ineffective units afrer your biggest threat when you have reaurrectiin protocols. There isnt a single tactical genuis on krakoa or someone at least tactically capable.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    And therein lies the problem with everyone being obsessed with characters being OP. How exactly do you write a credible threat when there are characters who can achieve any feat imaginable? Powers should have limits, omegas notwithstanding and even they should be limited by their power's actual function.
    It is strongly established that magneto has only two things that can limit him his body and his will. It's kinda like how deku has to train his body to contain the power of one for all in the anime MHA.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Or call on several teleporters and your strongest mutants, lactua would know how to get in since she is all lnowing and wreck the place. It makes no sense to keep sending small inefficient and ineffective units afrer your biggest threat when you have reaurrectiin protocols. There isnt a single tactical genuis on krakoa or someone at least tactically capable.
    Lactuca is a they not a she.

Quote Originally Posted by Agatha's Ghost View Post
    I am inclined to believe that Emma and Sebastian were in on it with Sinister and Mystique. Storm and Nightcrawler did not appear pleased to see that woman again.
    Why wouldn't they. Shes never wronged them.

Extraordinary Member

Off the top of my head I can think of 4 mutants who should be able to destroy Orchis individually. Legion, Jamie Braddok, Magik, Isca. Arrako could easily be persuaded to launch a military strike from Mars on Orchis with thousands of mutants and hundreds of omega levels. Limbo has unlimited demons they could throw at them. They could call in a favor from the Shiar. Heck, in the most extreme circumstances they can summon the Vescora, though that would be very dangerous.

The only reason to keep sending these small teams is to keep the conflict with Orchis off the front pages. But the tension is false when there are options just sitting on the table being ignored. That was a problem with the climax of X of Swords too, where the Amenth demon army was treated as such an unstoppable threat while the X-Men collectively forgot they had a demon army of their own they could have summoned at any time.

Why wouldn't they. Shes never wronged them.
    Storm seemed more intrigued to me given her posture. Nightcrawler i can see a case of him knowing of mystique. Also didn't storm have destiny diaries for a bit in Xtreme Xmen vis Rogue.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Teleport them into another dimension like Limbo then drop a Negabomb. Or tell the Avengers to go clean up there mess and that Orchis is using Stark and Richards technology

Teleport them into another dimension like Limbo then drop a Negabomb. Or tell the Avengers to go clean up there mess and that Orchis is using Stark and Richards technology
    This has lowkeyed bother me a lot. Reed and Tony have no trackers on their equipment or anything that would send them a signal a piece of their tech is being used. That's extremely reckless.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

People are going to say Destiny is Gimmick from COTA but that's highly unlikely. She just learned she is a shapeshifter, and there's no way she could stand up to Xavier's telepathy. It's too big a move to fake.

My guess is Mystique convinced Emma to bring her back.

At the end of the day, it's just suspension of disbelief. We know there's like 100 different ways the mutants could win, but then what would be the plot?

Magneto fails to toss the space station into the sun while amped by a mutant circuit because the dyson rockets are too strong was a bit of an eye roll.
    He could get a big asteroid the size of the bullet Kitty was trapped in and fling it. Maybe fling a whole swarm of `em, if the point defences are good enough to stop a few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    At the end of the day, it's just suspension of disbelief. We know there's like 100 different ways the mutants could win, but then what would be the plot?
    It doesn’t have to be perfect but it needed not being stupid either, keep sending boring ass Wolverine &co = keep failing……..
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

The problem is it's not feeling like much of a plot anymore just a one sided annoyance. In hickman entire run as evident by the chart as well mutants have not clocked a single win against orichis, not a single one.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    is there anything easier than destroying a space station? lol couldn't they teleport Squirrel Girl in to nipple at some wires?
    Pretty much on the same tier as sinking an island.

Compare this to Fear Itself Uncanny X-Men where you at least saw an army of mutants use their powers wisely and still fail against the Unstoppable Juggernaut

Even Second comings anti magic, anti telepath and anti teleporter protocols were clever by William Stryker and co.