I am looking forward to this one. HBO 2 has been running the series over on Sunday's (maybe more days) and it just pulls you back in. Season 4 was so good and for a show that came out 20 years ago, it's shown very little signs of age. The Christopher Columbus episodes is one of my favorites lol.

Listened to David Chase on the Maron pod and while he didn't even mention the simultaneous release but he seems pretty pissed about it. Too bad cause I would have liked to see part of this story on a movie screen. The windows for these things are so small these days makes it unlikely but I understand where he's coming from. Still, I'll be glad to see it, hopefully it won't be the last.

"Extremely angry, and I still am. I mean, I don't know how much you go into this, you know, like...okay. If I was...one of those guys, if one of those executives was sitting here and I was to start pissing and moaning about it, they'd say, you know, there's 17 other movies that have the same problem. What could we do? Covid! Well, I know, but those 16 other movies didn't start out as a television show. They don't have to shed that television image before you get people to the theater. But we do. And that's where we're at. People should go see it in a theater. It was designed to be a movie. It was...it's beautiful as a movie. I never thought that it would be back on HBO. Never."

https://movieweb.com/the-many-******...hase-responds/
Per Chase the film is going to focus on a racial theme in the prequel, which is going to be interesting if you're even a little aware of of the what was happening in that part of the country and the struggles and effects of desegregation.

Gandolfini's kid looks just like him. Bernthal is always good and they even got Ray Liotta.

Drops Friday and wondering what fans of the show are gonna think. I just wanna see back in the day Paul.