Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Clone Saga has the problem of having alright or even good stories among the pile of crap.

I read Spider-Man Redemption (Which's the story you're referencing), it was fun, the story that used Kaine right before was Maximum Clonage, which was terrible.
    No, it was spider-man: the lost years, but yeah Maximum clonage ws not great. But I was less picky when I was young, for me spidercide was one of the coolest character
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Clone Saga has the problem of having alright or even good stories among the pile of crap.

I read Spider-Man Redemption (Which's the story you're referencing), it was fun, the story that used Kaine right before was Maximum Clonage, which was terrible.
    1995 was probably the worst year to be a Spider-Man fan, or at least, among the top 5, because almost everything sucked. I can only think in a couple of scenes that i like.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I'll sum up my feelings about Kindred Saga the best way I can think of:

"I'm not mad. I'm just disappointed."

But it was more about the Journey, wasn't it? The fun of mystery, Boomerang, the creepy yet funny Kindred drawings by Ottley. I can see this run becoming somewhat a guilty pleasure of mine.

Oh, anyone remembers Spencer line in an interview - it's not important who Kindred is, but what he wants? Well... Whatever it was, I suppose he didn't get it.
    I'm not sure if Spencer said it in an interview, but Kindred himself said that line more or less:

(ASM#44 vol 5)

It actually looks hilarious now, since both who Kindred is and what he wants are incomprehensible disasters .

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    No, it was spider-man: the lost years,
    Ah, should've guessed it was something else.

but yeah Maximum clonage ws not great. But I was less picky when I was young, for me spidercide was one of the coolest character
    Yeah, being younger can make someone not notice blatant issues with stories lol.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    No, it was spider-man: the lost years, but yeah Maximum clonage ws not great. But I was less picky when I was young, for me spidercide was one of the coolest character
    I maintain Spidercide can make a comeback. He'd fill the void Venom left when he went more or less straight (which was filled once by having Eddie no longer be Venom ...) as the dark mirror Spider-man without all the Carnage-y angst. He'd need ...well...a lot of work, but I think someone could do it. Oh, yeah, a new name, too.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    I maintain Spidercide can make a comeback. He'd fill the void Venom left when he went more or less straight (which was filled once by having Eddie no longer be Venom ...) as the dark mirror Spider-man without all the Carnage-y angst. He'd need ...well...a lot of work, but I think someone could do it. Oh, yeah, a new name, too.
    Yeah watch them never catching on if they never worked out

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    1995 was probably the worst year to be a Spider-Man fan, or at least, among the top 5, because almost everything sucked. I can only think in a couple of scenes that i like.
    I feel like even with the dud that is Spencer’s Spider-man, we still had Spider’s Shadow, Life Story annual, King in Black and now Dark Ages to keep this year from being a bad year.

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I feel like even with the dud that is Spencer’s Spider-man, we still had Spider’s Shadow, Life Story annual, King in Black and now Dark Ages to keep this year from being a bad year.
    Life Story and King of Black are kind of meh for me overall, still thought, even the worse of Spencer can't even compete against 95, is not comparable as far as i am concerned. 2021 was far better by miles.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian Spider View Post
    Also, this was A LOT of anger aimed at Peter by two characters that... he had nothing to do with?
    Yes, that's exactly the point. Spencer wants us to believe the whole "confess your sins" was about Evil AI Harry controlling the twins trying to ruin Peter's life for his hatred about Norman's death in the 70's? Yeah, it's convoluted as hell. IF the twins are Harry's puppets it makes more sense, but the OMD references were straight lies because he has nothing to do with it (so what should Peter confess for God's sake?). But if the twins are NOT Harry's puppets after all, then the whole Kindred mystery makes absolutely no sense: Peter saved them during Sins Past with the blood transfusion and Sarah was even attracted to him! Do they hate him now because they were tortured by Mephisto in hell (where they shouldn't have been anyway)? That's a pretty lame motivation.

Quote Originally Posted by federicodettofred View Post
    Yes, that's exactly the point. Spencer wants us to believe the whole "confess your sins" was about Evil AI Harry controlling the twins trying to ruin Peter's life for his hatred about Norman's death in the 70's? Yeah, it's convoluted as hell. IF the twins are Harry's puppets it makes more sense, but the OMD references were straight lies because he has nothing to do with it (so what should Peter confess for God's sake?). But if the twins are NOT Harry's puppets after all, then the whole Kindred mystery makes absolutely no sense: Peter saved them during Sins Past with the blood transfusion and Sarah was even attracted to him! Do they hate him now because they were tortured by Mephisto in hell (where they shouldn't have been anyway)? That's a pretty lame motivation.
    You are correct, it is convoluted and messy.

Video games have the trope "Hijacked by Ganon" now comic books can have "Hijacked by Harry Osborn".

"Harry did it!" even if he logically couldn't have, hell, especially if he logically couldn't have. -

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...ijackedByGanon
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Mephisto manipulated the AI Harry btw.And if someone was tortured and told that one was responsible for it they would attack them IMO.It's messy af and the OMD stuff is Spencer's before editorial interfered.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

I thought that one of the "sins" was that Spider-Man didn't tell Harry about Norman being Green Goblin?

Fantastic Member

Hasn’t he already made a comeback with “Shift” in the other Spider-Man comic?
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

I dunno man, I kinda like Spidercide as a name, it's tryhard enough to be funny lol.

Maybe Sarah finds him to be a really bad kisser and hasn't forgiven him for that .

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    You are correct, it is convoluted and messy.

Video games have the trope "Hijacked by Ganon" now comic books can have "Hijacked by Harry Osborn".

"Harry did it!" even if he logically couldn't have, hell, especially if he logically couldn't have. -

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.p...ijackedByGanon
    Thinking of it, the **** Harry pulled reminds me of that "It was me Barry! Me!" from Thawne, and, Harry did a lot of **** for someone who can't even time travel (so far at least), it's incredible lol.

At this point, I won't be surprised if it's revealed that Harry was the one behind Clone saga, and he called Mysterio to do magic therapy on Norman so Norman thinks he was the one who did it... Because why not at this point.

Could even explain how easily Mysterio could tell that Ben wasn't the Spider-Man he knows back in Guardian Devil .

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Mephisto manipulated the AI Harry btw.And if someone was tortured and told that one was responsible for it they would attack them IMO.It's messy af and the OMD stuff is Spencer's before editorial interfered.
    Where was that said? Did my boredom with the last issues really made me miss such details? Lol.

Mighty Member

I dunno man, I kinda like Spidercide as a name, it's tryhard enough to be funny lol.

Maybe Sarah finds him to be a really bad kisser and hasn't forgiven him for that .

Thinking of it, the **** Harry pulled reminds me of that "It was me Barry! Me!" from Thawne, and, Harry did a lot of **** for someone who can't even time travel (so far at least), it's incredible lol.

At this point, I won't be surprised if it's revealed that Harry was the one behind Clone saga, and he called Mysterio to do magic therapy on Norman so Norman thinks he was the one who did it... Because why not at this point.

Could even explain how easily Mysterio could tell that Ben wasn't the Spider-Man he knows back in Guardian Devil .

Where was that said? Did my boredom with the last issues really made me miss such details? Lol.
    Well now harry got his soul cleansed so nope and Mephisto used him anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Well now harry got his soul cleansed so nope and Mephisto used him anyways.
    That's okay, maybe before dying Harry did some more **** that Mephisto decided to not mention .