Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Too bad he sent Maya to prison for releasing Extremis. No second chances for her.
    Maya is unfortunately one of those side characters that got a raw deal. But it was an exception for Tony.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Too bad he sent Maya to prison for releasing Extremis. No second chances for her.
    That's unequivocally not true. When he was Director of Shield, he got her out of prison and they were a couple. She was later fridged in Gillens run on Iron Man.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 10-19-2021 at 08:48 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    That's unequivocally not true. When he was Director of Shield, he got her out of prison and they were a couple. She was later fridged in Gillens run on Iron Man.
    That's actually a pretty good point, and considering Maya releasing Extremis resulted in empowering a terrorist who went off and killed a bunch of innocent people, it wasn't like Tony was exactly wrong for turning her over to the authorities.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Yeah I'm not sure what he was supposed to do in that situation.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    That's actually a pretty good point, and considering Maya releasing Extremis resulted in empowering a terrorist who went off and killed a bunch of innocent people, it wasn't like Tony was exactly wrong for turning her over to the authorities.
    Exactly! He worked out a deal for her to get out later, but he did what he had to do when he found out what she had done.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Darkhold Blade #1 preview:

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/10/21/ex...khold-blade-1/

will see how this one turns out, seems like a normal Blade showing from the preview
    The J-man

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Yeah get the Darkhold only on Kindle lol

Some Doombots were reading in the original and their heads were bursting into flames so who knows what the rules are

I feel this story might redefine the Darkhold in the Marvel Universe. Plus given what they are doing in the MCU it might be forever tied to Scarlet Witch if my predictions for this event prove to be accurate
    Took a while, but I did find an earlier example of Jericho Drumm using a version of the Darkhold in the Doctor Voodoo Avenger of the Supernatural #1, which is when he briefly became Sorcerer Supreme. IIRC Doctor Strange gave up the title during Bendis's New Avengers run.

Darkhold Blade #1 preview:

https://aiptcomics.com/2021/10/21/ex...khold-blade-1/

will see how this one turns out, seems like a normal Blade showing from the preview
    If it's anything like Darkhold: Iron Man, it'll likely start off more familiar before veering or segueing into a really dark, macabre, and twisted take on that familiar story.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Took a while, but I did find an earlier example of Jericho Drumm using a version of the Darkhold in the Doctor Voodoo Avenger of the Supernatural #1, which is when he briefly became Sorcerer Supreme. IIRC Doctor Strange gave up the title during Bendis's New Avengers run.

Pretty interesting.

Mighty Member

Blade one-shot was interesting. Didn't seem to connect to the main story at all.

It was cool though. Takes a plot from Blade 1 and plays it out in the comics.

Blade is just Blade. There was a horror twist for Marvel Earth, but not so much for the Daywalker. I just felt like he was himself. Maybe a little extreme, given the circumstances, but he didn't have the sinister twist we got from Ironman imo.

I've also got to wonder why they gave Blade his new look in Darkhold Alpha since the comic didn't showcase it.
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Blade is just Blade. There was a horror twist for Marvel Earth, but not so much for the Daywalker. I just felt like he was himself. Maybe a little extreme, given the circumstances, but he didn't have the sinister twist we got from Ironman imo.

I've also got to wonder why they gave Blade his new look in Darkhold Alpha since the comic didn't showcase it.
    We see him "ascend" to the throne, so I guess that's him in a distant future?

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    I guess. I know we are supposed to feel bad for Amadeus, but Blade is doing what he does.

I guess I feel bad for Kurt and the other two.
    The J-man

Blade one-shot was interesting. Didn't seem to connect to the main story at all.

It was cool though. Takes a plot from Blade 1 and plays it out in the comics.

I guess. I know we are supposed to feel bad for Amadeus, but Blade is doing what he does.

I guess I feel bad for Kurt and the other two.
    Generally cosigned. Having read it myself, it wasn't bad by any means, though it did feel a little lower-key compared to Darkhold Iron Man, insofar as there was no dramatic physical or visible transformation for Blade compared to his "normal" self.

Astonishing Member

It was amused that Kibblesmith snuck B-Negative -- one of the new New Warriors from his cancelled NEW WARRIORS mini -- into this story. So at least one of them has now made an on-panel appearance, albeit in an alternate, Darkhold-twisted reality.

Extraordinary Member

Blade one disapppointed, aside from high expectations set by Iron man one and Blade being barely in it even the writing was mid and art was worse...