View Poll Results: Would you read a Nick Fury Senior book?

Voters
36. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 72.22%
  • No

10 27.78%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Would anyone read a Nick Fury Senior series?

Out of curiosity, would anyone be interested in reading a Nick Fury book? I don't mean Nick Fury Junior, I mean the original Agent of SHIELD.

BANNED

I find Nick By himself to be pretty boring. If he had a team with him depending on the personalities involved I might give it a shot.

Hell yes.
    10char
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

BANNED

Well of course but please none of that lone spaceman crap Jason has from Original Sins. Give me the super spy facing off against every marvel terrorist organization in old school fashion spy thriller like the current Black Widow title.

Astonishing Member FanboyStranger's Avatar

As always it depends on the creative team, but if it were, say, Ed Brubaker and new Marvel hire Andrea Sorrentino, definitely yes.

I think one of the problems is that any new take has to acknowledge Steranko's work without being completely beholden to it. I'd like to see something with sophisticated graphic storytelling, but I don't think you need to try to outdo Steranko, because that just can't be done. However, you need to try to do some things different and experiment a little bit. The '90s ongoing Fury, Agent of Shield failed because it was completely bland, generic comics except for one or two issues drawn by Cam Kennedy.

Fortunately, I think Marvel is more open to try different things right now that they had been for most of the past decade. We have things like Moon Knight, Hawkeye, etc. playing around with how they tell a story. That's what a new Fury book needs to succeed in this competitive marketplace.
    Last edited by FanboyStranger; 08-26-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Nope, I never found fury interesting. I actually liked Maria Hill more than him when she was introduced.
    We need better comics

BANNED

I would in a New York heartbeat, so long as it avoided the mess Aaron created of the character in Original Sin.

The character has been kind of ruined by Original Sin, IMO. I don't see how an ongoing set in the present would work.
    I'd honestly prefer a Secret Warriors revival. If they do a solo, I'd like some of those characters as supporting cast.

I think other than Steranko, the best Fury writers as of recent are Brubaker, Hickman, and Latour.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    The character has been kind of ruined by Original Sin, IMO. I don't see how an ongoing set in the present would work.
    I'd honestly prefer a Secret Warriors revival. If they do a solo, I'd like some of those characters as supporting cast.
    I really hope that that OS stuff is undone. And they don't do something stupid like make him the new Watcher.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Nope, I never found fury interesting. I actually liked Maria Hill more than him when she was introduced.
    You would if you ever read the Steranko Agent of Shield. The Brubaker/Epting Winter Soldier series featured Nick, Bucky and Natasha in the cast and there were some homages to that series. Too bad it ended and both Brubaker and Epting left Marvel for now. Epting was killin' it on the art.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 08-26-2014 at 01:51 PM.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Isn't he a Robot now? (Not reading original sin) was he a LMD during Secret Warriors?

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    I think other than Steranko, the best Fury writers as of recent are Brubaker, Hickman, and Latour.
    Latour? What did he write Nick Fury in? Might need to pick that up!

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    (Not reading original sin) was he a LMD during Secret Warriors?
    That's my understanding, yes. Sadly, yes. Very sadly...

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Hell yes.
    10char
    This. All the this.