Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    I’m into her having her own iconic city and I’ve been having fun developing what I think that city should be.
    If they make a city for Diana I hope they base it on "diplomatic" cities like D.C., New York, Hague, Brussels, Geneva etc
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Why does the city, when outside the US, have to be European? Why are London and France always mentioned? Why can't Diana "homebase" be in an African country, or a South American city or one in the Middle East?
    Because of her origin maybe? But I like this idea of her having different spots around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    I honestly have to say somewhere like London or Paris.

There’s more than enough heroes in the US, making her an international hero really makes her stand apart from other heroes. Not to mention the fact that they are cities with incredibly long histories and LOTS of potential for magical/mystical elements.

I also like the idea of her being a nomad with multiple homebases all over the world. Nothing about her really needs to have her tied down to a particular location. When she left the island it was specifically to travel not to find a new home.. Her mission is to "man's world," facilitate global peace. She’s shouldn’t be tied to a particular city in it. Her supporting cast are globetrotters/international and not based in one location. None of her villains are location specific. That is one way that WW is different from most heroes. She is an international hero more than anything.
    Could write her with single bedroom apartments in different countries.

E.g. Mexico

Thailand

South Africa
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Why does the city, when outside the US, have to be European? Why are London and France always mentioned? Why can't Diana "homebase" be in an African country, or a South American city or one in the Middle East?
    Do you really trust DC to feature such places and not do it in an inaccurate or offensive way?

I would be okay with it if it's something akin to Batman: The World where creative teams from that region tell stories about Diana visiting their home town or countries.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

As I'm sure others have said already:

Gateway City. Her version of a Hellmouth (BTVS) that draws various supernatural threats to it trying to raise hell on Earth. Could tie into Dooms Doorway being on Themiscryia and there being other "hellmouths" around the world that have protectors or simply less active.

BANNED

Wasn't Diana based in London?

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Wasn't Diana based in London?
    In new 52 yes.

Overall what if she lived in a pocket dimension that causes her to live in many places at the same time? One more thing what would her house look iike? My idea was at first she would be at Holliday College for a bit before actually getting her own place

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Overall what if she lived in a pocket dimension that causes her to live in many places at the same time? One more thing what would her house look iike? My idea was at first she would be at Holliday College for a bit before actually getting her own place
    What, like a mythical Vanishing Point or the bar with no name? Rock of Eternity?

That's pretty high concept. Screw it, sure. We're asking why Diana has to live in the US. Maybe she doesn't even have to live on earth. I'd be down with trying that out, not like she can't go back if it doesn't work out. If we get that, a city that's everywhere, can Jack Hawksmoore be involved?

What's Danny the Street up to?

Diana's house? In a word; impeccable. Diana's house isn't humble; it is clearly the product of wealth and power, but it's not decadent or obscene. It's elegant. Welcoming. Noble. White marble and polished dark oak. Soft lighting. I imagine a heavy "home away from home" Themyscrian influence (so Roman and Mediterranean sorta-kinda), but offset by some surprising modern and/or American sensibilities. Lots of art, much of it classical but lots of pop/modern. Whimsy curtains and drapes and lots of windows that're usually open to the breeze. Some musical instruments, ancient and modern, sitting in corners. Perfect layout and use of space, elegant decorations. Armor and weapons on displays. Banners and flags and trophies won in battle. Maybe little gold plaques to explain their significance. Portraits of her friends and loved ones on the walls, with little candid photos on tables and stands. Extra bedrooms for whoever needs it.

But at various points in life she's probably also couch crashed with a college sorority. So you know....depends on where she's at.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Couldn't disagree more. To me Diana is bohemian. She's adventurous and sensational above everything else. She looks for splendor, not glamour. She has the vision of a hippie and the heart of a sportswoman.
    Last edited by Alpha; 10-11-2021 at 12:23 AM.

Even though I live near Boston, I have to go with Gateway City. There are so many more possibilities to be had with a fictional city. Besides, It's part of DC's M.O.

Incredible Member

Albuquerque.

Major university, lots of smaller colleges, huge military presence, science, mathematics, defense
    research all throughout the city. The labs are after all the successors of the Manhattan Project.

Then you have a city with a European feel going back to the Spanish in the 1700s. Much of that
    architecture, culture, is alive and vibrant. Plus you have the mixture of Spanish, Anglo, Native American
    cultures. Not that far from Roswell. Plus there is a strong border sentiment with its connections to
    Mexico and the broader Americas.

To toss my couple cents in id just roll with the fact that shes been based out of a heck ton of cities and say she regularly settles into new places to take in some of the local culture to understand people around the world before moving on.

Its led to her having a supporting cast spread out across the world and shes more than capable of hopping between different cities at a moments notice.
    Heck, most of the cities shes been to over the years even have members of the Wonder family staying there.

Gateway City has Cassie Sandsmarks
    New York City has Donna Troy
    Themyscira has nearly every awesome Amazon

Aside from those Dianas lived in
    Houston
    Boston
    London
    Washington DC
    Which all have members of her supporting cast residing within.

And then there are the other members of the Wonder family who are out in the world in their own locations either former or current.
    Artemis has lived in Waverly and Bana Mighdall
    Star-Blossom based out of Metropolis
    Wherever Grace Choi is based out of if were counting her.

And im sure theres a number of others im probably forgetting

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    What, like a mythical Vanishing Point or the bar with no name? Rock of Eternity?

That's pretty high concept. Screw it, sure. We're asking why Diana has to live in the US. Maybe she doesn't even have to live on earth. I'd be down with trying that out, not like she can't go back if it doesn't work out. If we get that, a city that's everywhere, can Jack Hawksmoore be involved?

What's Danny the Street up to?

Diana's house? In a word; impeccable. Diana's house isn't humble; it is clearly the product of wealth and power, but it's not decadent or obscene. It's elegant. Welcoming. Noble. White marble and polished dark oak. Soft lighting. I imagine a heavy "home away from home" Themyscrian influence (so Roman and Mediterranean sorta-kinda), but offset by some surprising modern and/or American sensibilities. Lots of art, much of it classical but lots of pop/modern. Whimsy curtains and drapes and lots of windows that're usually open to the breeze. Some musical instruments, ancient and modern, sitting in corners. Perfect layout and use of space, elegant decorations. Armor and weapons on displays. Banners and flags and trophies won in battle. Maybe little gold plaques to explain their significance. Portraits of her friends and loved ones on the walls, with little candid photos on tables and stands. Extra bedrooms for whoever needs it.

But at various points in life she's probably also couch crashed with a college sorority. So you know....depends on where she's at.
    Think about it like this. Diana could live in D.C but has a way to portal through to go into a different part of DC.

I think she needs at least one main base in Man's World.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    If they make a city for Diana I hope they base it on "diplomatic" cities like D.C., New York, Hague, Brussels, Geneva etc
    Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Because of her origin maybe? But I like this idea of her having different spots around the world.

Could write her with single bedroom apartments in different countries.

E.g. Mexico

Thailand

South Africa
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Do you really trust DC to feature such places and not do it in an inaccurate or offensive way?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I would be okay with it if it's something akin to Batman: The World where creative teams from that region tell stories about Diana visiting their home town or countries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Couldn't disagree more. To me Diana is bohemian. She's adventurous and sensational above everything else. She looks for splendor, not glamour. She has the vision of a hippie and the heart of a sportswoman.
    Yeah, I think Diana compared to Superman, Green Arrow, Batman is ultimately a global hero and a nomadic hero, more than she should be a stationary character. At best, have a place in different cities she is connected to would help some of her minor supporting cast members, but . Not her major supporting cast however, who are just as globe -trotting adventurers as she is. Diana is more of a travel the world see strange things type of hero, woman of the world more than a stationary character. Plus honestly, just as much as DC writers could potentially mess up other countries overseas, they could mess up cities they never been to in America. (speaking as a DC/Maryland resident myself, I would like seeing Wonder Woman taking more advantage of her international potential instead of just being a government/military operative).

I remember a post saying that many types of stories, especially the ones that work for Diana tend to involve her going to strange mythological places as opposed to protecting one city (like other standard superhero story). In that way she’s more like the Fantastic Four or the Silver Surfer. The FF 's main area was New York, but a lot of their best stories take place in far flung dimensions, and space. The Silver Surfer even more so. Even if they gave her a consistent city, would the next writer use the same location. That’s why she doesn’t seem to have a consistent home location wise that sticks. She works as a nomadic mythological hero more than anything. That never really was something that developed naturally in the Wonder Woman mythos, even in the movies (from London to DC to Paris as her home bases). I definitely think something like Batman: The World would work for Wonder Woman or maybe in her early stages, she would have a place that would get her accustomed to Man's World like New York, DC or London but as she grows as a hero , she grows past that and really becomes an ambassador/global hero.