Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Looking forward to this

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Honestly surprised this issue isn't from Ben's pov, at least at the start. Also kinda shocked Ben is already spider-man again and we aren't seeing flashbacks of him being asked to join the Beyond org.

Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Also kinda shocked Ben is already spider-man again and we aren't seeing flashbacks of him being asked to join the Beyond org.
    They're probably going to pad it out how he came to work with them throughout the run, odds are.

Honestly surprised this issue isn't from Ben's pov, at least at the start. Also kinda shocked Ben is already spider-man again and we aren't seeing flashbacks of him being asked to join the Beyond org.
    probably will switch to his perspective after Peter's injury
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

So to recap… Harry is dead, Ben is alive and Spider-Man again, and Peter is back with MJ.

Yep, I’ve gone into a time machine. It’s 1996 again. Flannel shirts, grunge music, Spider-Ben and no COVID. You know, I think I’ll stay.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    So to recap… Harry is dead, Ben is alive and Spider-Man again, and Peter is back with MJ.

Yep, I’ve gone into a time machine. It’s 1996 again. Flannel shirts, grunge music, Spider-Ben and no COVID. You know, I think I’ll stay.
    I am glad for you. And I mean that in all sincerity. I hope you and everyone else enjoy Beyond! No sarcasm or irony here.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I am glad for you. And I mean that in all sincerity. I hope you and everyone else enjoy Beyond! No sarcasm or irony here.
    I have a bad feeling they’re going to dumb down or compromise Ben’s integrity in order to make him a Beyond patsy, so I’m a little apprehensive. But nothing could be worse than what Slott did to him, so I’m excited, but with some reservations.

BANNED

I have a bad feeling they’re going to dumb down or compromise Ben’s integrity in order to make him a Beyond patsy, so I’m a little apprehensive. But nothing could be worse than what Slott did to him, so I’m excited, but with some reservations.
    There's this cool song from a recent Adam Driver movie called Annette (movie's not very good but the song is boss) which captures the anxiety in preparation for something you expect:

Extraordinary Member

Same but for Peter.I mean could we have atleast have had him wake up w/ MJ after the whole unbreakable thing.....
    And Ben ignoring him is probably listening to his Beyond team in his ear, will Spider-man and Ben even talk or are they just going straight for Coma.Will.... will he even find out it's Ben .....

Here's hoping Beyond is good for all fans
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 09-30-2021 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    They're probably going to pad it out how he came to work with them throughout the run, odds are.
    Decoy Protagonist vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Same but for Peter.I mean could we have atleast have had him wake up w/ MJ after the whole unbreakable thing.....
    And Ben ignoring him is probably listening to his Beyond team in his ear, will Spider-man and Ben even talk or are they just going straight for Coma.Will.... will he even find out it's Ben .....

Here's hoping Beyond is good for all fans
    That's what I'm afraid of.
    "You want brotherly bond between them? Too bad! We are MARVEL, and we don't give a damn what the fans want!"

Hope it's not how this goes, but #74 is too fresh in my memory

Spectacular Member

I'm very excited for this

seems weird Ben would just turn and shush Pete considering y'know they haven't really patched things up yet

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Remember when Boomerang died? You know, the guy Spencer dedicated like half of his run to giving a character arc. Who sacrificed himself to save Peter. And he was Pete and Randy's roommate?
    But what happened to gog?

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

Man who is angry and tired curses out the multiverse. I can't wait. If I had to guess, maybe Peter and Ben will have some funny banter arguing with each other here. If they're making me laugh by the first few pages I have high hopes.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scarletspidey View Post
    I'm very excited for this

seems weird Ben would just turn and shush Pete considering y'know they haven't really patched things up yet
    Well, we don't know the context yet.

He could follow up with, "Be vewy quiet, I'm hunting wabbits!" And then you look down and White Rabbit is robbing a bank.

But I don't really have a problem if Peter and Ben butt heads, as long as they're not completely antagonistic toward each other. I have a feeling there's going to be tension coming from a place of love over Ben working for Beyond. Pete is not going to like that at all, no sir.

Also, Zeb Wells continues to have a great feel for Spidey's dialogue. "Hey Multiverse!" is a funny way to call out to a Spider guy.