Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Hahahahaha, I’ve never seen a hand waving of a run as quickly as this preview.

Anyway, I’m kind of excited for this era, it looks like they won’t repeat the same mistakes they made with Brand New Day which is always welcome. Hopefully this run isn’t disposable and it adds to the Spider-man story rather than just be a stop gap (I mean it is, but that doesn’t mean Marvel doesn’t have to treat it as such). Looking at the solicitations, it appears we’re be getting shorter and one and done stories. I like this, I wish more comics would do this.

Anyway, here we go…

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Considering that Sinister War itself didn't really injure Peter (And it really could have done so), it's gonna look ridiculous for anything else to hospitalize him, short of a vaporizing attempt I guess...
    Facts, and he was still fighting Kindreds after that and even got the upper hand 2v1.He was still standing and actually and it out of Europe via airplane not looking to bad.Next morning face is completely healed and he can casually swing, and in the preview he looks great.

His durability is one thing, his speed on top w/ Spider-sense I feel he doesn't get hit a lot.And from what we've seen Healing Factor can take care of anything that does hit him.

I mean, MJ went to work on her film not that long after they got back together, and she only came back during Sinister War, so there's possibly more reasons why they didn't move in together, at least for now.

Could also be a "It'd be moving too fast", but he was also considering to ask her to marry him...

Living with Randy and Boomerang for a while until they can do well by themselves could be a reason too, 'cause living with them and suddenly moving away could be kind of a dick move.
    He had the perfect excuse to use her apartment while she was away .

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Facts, and he was still fighting Kindreds after that and even got the upper hand 2v1.He was still standing and actually and it out of Europe via airplane not looking to bad.
    That plane trip confused me, so they were in Europe? Was that mentioned anywhere? I kinda got bored and didn't pay as much attention as I feel I should lol.

Next morning face is completely healed and he can casually swing, and in the preview he looks great.

His durability is one thing, his speed on top w/ Spider-sense I feel he doesn't get hit a lot.And from what we've seen Healing Factor can take care of anything that does hit him.
    Well, his speed isn't there as much nowadays, Marvel has him dodging moves a lot less, which sucks, he fights more like a brawler.

At least Spencer made him rely less on brute force.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    He had the perfect excuse to use her apartment while she was away .
    ****, and he could use that to get away from Boomerang's shenanigans too, wasted opportunity .

Extraordinary Member

That plane trip confused me, so they were in Europe? Was that mentioned anywhere? I kinda got bored and didn't pay as much attention as I feel I should lol.

Well, his speed isn't there as much nowadays, Marvel has him dodging moves a lot less, which sucks, he fights more like a brawler.

At least Spencer made him rely less on brute force.

****, and he could use that to get away from Boomerang's shenanigans too, wasted opportunity .
    That Mirror he jumped into took him to Europe.

It's still there IMO,writers just nerf the heck out of him.He was so beaten up in Sinister War issue 2 that he couldn't even tell if his Spider sense was buzzing and yet in issue 4 he was dodging all 32-36 villains all together.

Yeah, he's much stronger, faster and smarter than all his rogue's for the most part so he get's nerfed a lot.

I think he wanted to keep tabs on him, hence he stayed.

That Mirror he jumped into took him to Europe.
    And was it mentioned that Kindred's base of operations was in Europe?

It's still there IMO,writers just nerf the heck out of him.He was so beaten up in Sinister War issue 2 that he couldn't even tell if his Spider sense was buzzing and yet in issue 4 he was dodging all 32-36 villains all together.
    It's there but shows up less frequently, Spencer helped out at least.

Yeah, he's much stronger, faster and smarter than all his rogue's for the most part so he get's nerfed a lot.
    His rogues can at times compensate in other ways, Electro, while he can go down fast, is hard to approach unless Spidey specifically brings something to counter his electricity or just staying away and doing something else, so him getting nerfed at all is lame, his very flexible powerset is what can make his battles so fun, hell, part of the reason why Stern's run in ASM is liked is because he remembered that Spidey is strong and fast, as he got nerfed over time before (Think he got knocked down by aunt May once lol).

Looks like an annoying cycle thinking of it... Oh well.

I think he wanted to keep tabs on him, hence he stayed.
    Thinking of it, that'd make more sense earlier on the run, but he did seem he started to trust Boomerang after a while, hunting the tablets and all.

Extraordinary Member

And was it mentioned that Kindred's base of operations was in Europe?

It's there but shows up less frequently, Spencer helped out at least.

His rogues can at times compensate in other ways, Electro, while he can go down fast, is hard to approach unless Spidey specifically brings something to counter his electricity or just staying away and doing something else, so him getting nerfed at all is lame, his very flexible powerset is what can make his battles so fun, hell, part of the reason why Stern's run in ASM is liked is because he remembered that Spidey is strong and fast, as he got nerfed over time before (Think he got knocked down by aunt May once lol).

Looks like an annoying cycle thinking of it... Oh well.

Thinking of it, that'd make more sense earlier on the run, but he did seem he started to trust Boomerang after a while, hunting the tablets and all.
    Yeah, the Mirror transports Peter to the front of the mansion Osborn went to after he got Mendell Storm's will, which was in Europe.We also see the Effiel Tower IIRC.

Agreed, they need to show more of it.

Facts

Yeah, I don't think he ever fully trusts him and he had a point.Boomerang's arc was neat IMO.

Fantastic Member

I love how they said at the end of #74 that spidey is going too be 3 issues a month for the next 6 months yet somehow in the next 3 months we have 12 issues (yes i'm inluding the .BEY issues), last time i checked thats not 3 issues a month. we're getting an amazing spider-man book every week for the rest of the year with the exception of october 20th.

The only good thing about this is that it gets us to issue 99 (LGY 900) and 100 quicker so we can get back to Peter asap.

Serioulsy if you want spider-man out every week then just go back to the 90s, give us 1 issue of Amazing, Sensational, Spectacular and Web of per month and give each book their own individual creative team. This way you get your spider-man book for every week of the month and you can launch four brand spanking new numbers ones for Peter's 60th anniversary.

This way we also avoid convulted messy stories, awful filler artists and issues that contain less than 20 pages of story content cause that was getting annoying during spencers run. I want at least 20 pages of story in my issues.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post
    I love how they said at the end of #74 that spidey is going too be 3 issues a month for the next 6 months yet somehow in the next 3 months we have 12 issues (yes i'm inluding the .BEY issues), last time i checked thats not 3 issues a month. we're getting an amazing spider-man book every week for the rest of the year with the exception of october 20th.

The only good thing about this is that it gets us to issue 99 (LGY 900) and 100 quicker so we can get back to Peter asap.

Serioulsy if you want spider-man out every week then just go back to the 90s, give us 1 issue of Amazing, Sensational, Spectacular and Web of per month and give each book their own individual creative team. This way you get your spider-man book for every week of the month and you can launch four brand spanking new numbers ones for Peter's 60th anniversary.

This way we also avoid convulted messy stories, awful filler artists and issues that contain less than 20 pages of story content cause that was getting annoying during spencers run. I want at least 20 pages of story in my issues.
    Spitting facts.

3 diff. books also mean diff. tones and writers/artists getting time to do them.

3 Peter books>3 issues of ASM per month

Hopefully for 60th aniversary this is what they do.Also give Miles, if Ben is alive then him, and Kaine solo books and stop jamming the Web thing in ASM or their books for that fact.Peter works best alone, an arc is no problem but the web isn't something that should be a staple for Peter.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

2 more days..and apparently issue 76 comes out next week. We are getting so much ASM these days.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    2 more days..and apparently issue 76 comes out next week. We are getting so much ASM these days.
    We have a new issue (almost)every week for Beyond....

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post

Having three/four issues of Amazing every month likely sells better than having three/four different titles. I mean, look at the recent runs of other titles, they haven't lasted long. Non-Stop seems to have been cancelled after just five issues

Incredible Member

I’d say rebrand “Web of” as “Web of the Spiders” or “Spiders-Web” and let the book rotate nobly between Peter, Ben, Kaine, Miles, Anya. It doesn’t even have to be double sized, but let the book be split half and half monthly. Short stories even. It’d be a way for Ben, Kaine and Anya to get regular exposure after Beyond, depending on how Beyond concludes.
    Last edited by Blanks; 10-04-2021 at 10:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blanks View Post
    I’d say rebrand “Web of” as “Web of the Spiders” or “Spiders-Web” and let the book rotate nobly between Peter, Ben, Kaine, Miles, Anya. It doesn’t even have to be double sized, but let the book be split half and half monthly. Short stories even. It’d be a way for Ben, Kaine and Anya to get regular exposure after Beyond, depending on how Beyond concludes.
    It's called The order of the Web or The Order rn.
    I do think an Batman Urban Legends style book makes sense, many of these guys can't sustain solo's so this is a great way to keep them in the loop.

It's called The order of the Web or The Order rn.
    I do think an Batman Urban Legends style book makes sense, many of these guys can't sustain solo's so this is a great way to keep them in the loop.
    Feels like it's about time to revive a Spidey anthology title.