Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yeah then clone conspiracy happened.
    Which, well, had nothing to do with MJ and we didn't even see her reaction to it.
    Like someone else said, I can buy her being reticent of what happens WHEN Ben drops by, but you can't blame Clone Saga on him because he was just as manipulated by Osborn as Peter was. He was never twirling his mustache over the revelations and he even let Peter keep the Parker name and the life no questions asked.

Not to mention she seems friendly because of the fact that he's dying, not to mention she's confused because as they say they were in a competition for the same life.
    No, not really.
    After they "learn" Peter is the clone, MJ and Ben stay friendly, despite knowing Ben isn't going to die anytime soon. Hell, he's the first person to assure her he'll do everything in his power to bring Peter back to his senses while he's having an understandable meltdown over the situation. They were actually pretty good friends and Ben always supported her through this period, she even makes it a point to visit Ben when she was already living in Portland when she drops by NY for a modeling gig.

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Someone refresh my memory, is Kafka a clone? She died early on in SUPERIOR, right?
    Yep. "An excess clone from New U", I kid you not.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    Which, well, had nothing to do with MJ and we didn't even see her reaction to it.
    Like someone else said, I can buy her being reticent of what happens WHEN Ben drops by, but you can't blame Clone Saga on him because he was just as manipulated by Osborn as Peter was. He was never twirling his mustache over the revelations and he even let Peter keep the Parker name and the life no questions asked.

No, not really.
    After they "learn" Peter is the clone, MJ and Ben stay friendly, despite knowing Ben isn't going to die anytime soon. Hell, he's the first person to assure her he'll do everything in his power to bring Peter back to his senses while he's having an understandable meltdown over the situation. They were actually pretty good friends and Ben always supported her through this period, she even makes it a point to visit Ben when she was already living in Portland when she drops by NY for a modeling gig.

Yep. "An excess clone from New U", I kid you not.
    If someone messed up your long time girlfriend/boyfriend's life(I'd say husband but they aren't married now) would you be okay w/ that?
    I never blamed clone saga on him btw.But MJ seeing him as a bad omen is something understandable.He didn't do it but he was the means through which it was done.

Great, then clone conspiracy happened.Not to mention after everything w/ Kindred she's paranoid and also not sugarcoating.Both understandable.

Yeah, you can thank Ben for that....

(I'm aware it's not current Ben)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    If someone messed up your long time girlfriend/boyfriend's life(I'd say husband but they aren't married now) would you be okay w/ that?
    Nope, but that's why MJ doesn't like Norman Osborn to begin with...
    I never blamed clone saga on him btw.
    With sentences like the above it seems like the opposite, which is why I worded it that way.

But MJ seeing him as a bad omen is something understandable.
    If she is seeing him as a bad omen because of what comes with him and not he himself, that's fine. But it seems it can be both ways right now.

Yeah, you can thank Ben for that....

(I'm aware it's not current Ben)
    I don't know, it feels like writers used Ben as a crutch for lousy writing. We saw in CC that Ben actually bothered to keep the originals in case something went wrong, and keeping originals is one thing and it's fine. The Kafka clone degenerated at the end of CC, and then she showed back up in a Ravencroft mini-series alive and well with a huge mystery over what even is she - down to her even saying she's not sure that she's Kafka but she does feel like she is.

Then as the series wrapped up we got a solitary panel of Osborn (I think) finding a clone vat saying there were "excess clones" now and that's how Dr. Kafka is back.

I mean, seriously? It makes everything redundant and feels like a massive cop-out since they kept dancing over the question of how is she even back and she's not a stranger to the supernatural element besides scientific stuff.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I suspect Kafka's obsession with Electro and even more so with Ben Reilly will have a lot to do with her being a clone as well. Exploring Ben's psyche to find the mystery of herself.

I suspect Kafka's obsession with Electro and even more so with Ben Reilly will have a lot to do with her being a clone as well. Exploring Ben's psyche to find the mystery of herself.
    Wells' Kafka feels a little off right now, but if they take the full JDM plunge this is going to go places. Is she going to regard Ben as her "father" in some level since he IS her current 'maker', as it is?

Astonishing Member

Someone refresh my memory, is Kafka a clone? She died early on in SUPERIOR, right?
    It’s funny how we went from a “No clone zone” during the early 2000s to now every once dead cast member coming back as a clone…. Ned Leeds, Dr Kafka, Harry Osborn, the Lizard’s entire family… I imagine Oprah addressing all of Peter’s supporting cast and announcing “YOU get a clone saga! And YOU get a clone saga!! Everyone gets a clone saga!!!”

It seems OMD has replaced the Clone Saga as the third rail in Spidey comics.

Astonishing Member

Wells' Kafka feels a little off right now, but if they take the full JDM plunge this is going to go places. Is she going to regard Ben as her "father" in some level since he IS her current 'maker', as it is?
    Kafka is a woman of science. Unlike Peter who reacted emotionally when he (erroneously) found out he was a clone, Kafka probably shrugged and went about her day. All she cares about is her work. So I don’t think she’d address Ben with any reverence (and Ben wouldn’t want that in his current incarnation).

Extraordinary Member

Nope, but that's why MJ doesn't like Norman Osborn to begin with...

With sentences like the above it seems like the opposite, which is why I worded it that way.

If she is seeing him as a bad omen because of what comes with him and not he himself, that's fine. But it seems it can be both ways right now.

I don't know, it feels like writers used Ben as a crutch for lousy writing. We saw in CC that Ben actually bothered to keep the originals in case something went wrong, and keeping originals is one thing and it's fine. The Kafka clone degenerated at the end of CC, and then she showed back up in a Ravencroft mini-series alive and well with a huge mystery over what even is she - down to her even saying she's not sure that she's Kafka but she does feel like she is.

Then as the series wrapped up we got a solitary panel of Osborn (I think) finding a clone vat saying there were "excess clones" now and that's how Dr. Kafka is back.

I mean, seriously? It makes everything redundant and feels like a massive cop-out since they kept dancing over the question of how is she even back and she's not a stranger to the supernatural element besides scientific stuff.
    Well there's no rule that you can only dislike one person that I'm aware of

I never said he was responsible for it, I never even said MJ hates him because of that first.I agreed that it can be a factor w/ other people.

That's exactly what she said in the issue, that's what I'm saying too.
    Omen's definition:- an event regarded as a portent of good or evil.
    Portent's definition:-a sign or warning that a momentous or calamitous event is likely to happen.

Ben is a bad omen for MJ, whenever he shows up bad thing happen to Peter and MJ for the most part.No one is saying he does them, neither MJ nor me or anyone else in the thread so far.

Yeah, I think Norman cloned her after her degenaration in CC.

Extraordinary Member

If anything she'll want to see how he's back w/ the factory reset thing, maybe to help herself.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    Kafka is a woman of science. Unlike Peter who reacted emotionally when he (erroneously) found out he was a clone, Kafka probably shrugged and went about her day. All she cares about is her work. So I don’t think she’d address Ben with any reverence (and Ben wouldn’t want that in his current incarnation).
    She's OCC here.She's never been the type to shove that electro thing as a "setback" IIRC.Maybe I wrong but this version is colder IG

Extraordinary Member

Beyond's been confirmed to be 19 issues/parts.

An alright setup issue, I guess.

Ben's motivations are... well they are okay, but I have a hard time believing he'd submit so easily. Also, MJ being so antagonistic to him.

"The danger is inside" sure seemed like the line that will obviously come back for the inevitable Ben vs. Beyond wrap.

I enjoyed this issue more than I expected. No disrespect to Spencer, but this issue felt refreshing compared to years of Kindred. Also I love Ben Reilly and really hope him and Pete become the brothers they once were in the 90's. Also also, man do I love Patrick Gleason's art.

Not gonna lie, I liked Peter and Ben’s dynamic in this issue. Even in spite of Clone Conspiracy, we had things like Peter expressing concern for Ben’s mental state and telling him he should take it easy, just how easily the 2 get into teaming up, even seeming to have a good time together and Ben’s concern for Peter at the end. It’s just a shame we can’t get more of it with Peter out of commission.

...Is Peter getting sued?

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I assume Janine's new bob haircut (which was mentioned in the dialogue and so definitely a deliberate choice and not an art error) was done to make her look different from MJ?
    I'm pretty sure this is most likely the case. She was basically like a MJ clone in the 90's.