Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Looking good so far, love Gleason’s art. This is the first time they’ve changed the look of Peter’s thought boxes in ASM in years, looks more like his thought boxes from Zdarsky’s run on Spectacular. Like how they’re not ignoring the impact of 74.

Astonishing Member

I recalled Peter swearing in Slott going down swinging when Norman show he bonded with Carnage, or JMS in a video feed during Sins Past. Actually now that I remember, he cussed in Roger Stern 80s run too. he rarely does but I guess he been through alot.

Fantastic Member

Seems like they're just treating Clone Harry as the real Harry and not elaborating any further. Frankly that's probably easier on everybody than trying to explain multiple Harry Osborns.

lol, spoilers:
    I see Peter mistakes Ben for an AU Spider-Man.
    end of spoilers
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Remember when Boomerang died? You know, the guy Spencer dedicated like half of his run to giving a character arc. Who sacrificed himself to save Peter. And he was Pete and Randy's roommate?
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

So yet another new era of Spider-Man is capped off with the death of a supporting character.

Peter takes issues with spinoffs that don't check in with him first .
    Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Remember when Boomerang died? You know, the guy Spencer dedicated like half of his run to giving a character arc. Who sacrificed himself to save Peter. And he was Pete and Randy's roommate?
    Okay, make that two supporting characters.

I think Sinister War and the entire ending just kind of blurred for everybody.

Frankly, we're almost veering into spite territory, what with the recap making a joke about Harry being "very dead".

Oh yeah Peter is still broke. Spencer why did you forget to fix Peter living conditions? I dont remember but did Peter met Ben during Spider-Giddeon?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Cue the Admiral Ackbar meme, because it's obvious that Ben Reilly is leading Peter into a trap. Not that Ben knows this, of course, because the Beyond Corp are clearly using him as a patsy. They just need the original Spider-Man out of the way in order to better promote their new mascot. Cue the fight with the U-Foes.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Frankly, we're almost veering into spite territory, what with the recap making a joke about Harry being "very dead".
    Ironically, I haven’t seen such quick sweeping under the carpet of the previous era since the first post-clone saga issue when the (then) dead Ben Reilly and Baby May got a fleeting one sentence mention before Peter moved on.

Quite honestly, the mystery of what happened behind the scenes with Spencer and the spider-office is more interesting than the mystery of Kindred ever was.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Oh yeah Peter is still broke. Spencer why did you forget to fix Peter living conditions? I dont remember but did Peter met Ben during Spider-Giddeon?
    He met a Ben from an alternate universe, who later died.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Yes, Peter met Earth-616 Ben Reilly again in Spider-Geddon.

I wonder what they told him to make him kill him off, i mean it can't just be that Spencer built him up only to kill him off...right? Right?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Yes, Peter met Earth-616 Ben Reilly again in Spider-Geddon.
    Oh… right. I got Spidergeddon mixed up with Spiderverse.

Yes, they met for all of 1 or 2 panels.