Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that New Mutants should get a new writer and get some of the older New Mutants back into the team like Doug and Sunspot?
    nah. don't think it's been interesting since Hickman left.

though I'm not of the art either.

would really rather see Berto, Sam and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Eh. I think Vita's a good writer. They have a good grasp on some of the characters, and for once I find Gabby to sympathetic instead of insufferable. It feels like they just need to be reigned in by a strict editor or something. Someone who can remind them to keep the pace, mete out focus more evenly, and manage their OCs in a more effective way.
    I kinda feel like the editors told everyone to stretch out their current story arcs till Inferno ended. Very few x-books have been able to avoid that dragging feeling.

Incredible Member

Am I the only one who thinks that New Mutants should get a new writer and get some of the older New Mutants back into the team like Doug and Sunspot?
    Ummmm....yes. Don't really see Sunspot fitting in unless it's a story about his and Deathbird's relationship since he's off earth. Same for Sam.

My guess is they are trying to figure out what direction to go with Doug as well.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 10-02-2021 at 06:08 PM.

Love the art. I like a lot of the ideas… Can’t stand the writing.. so torn on this book..

Ultimate Member

I don't *like* the art, but it's like Sienkiewicz, really sketchy and distinctive (and with *MUCH* more luscious colors, IMO), so it at least feels kind of nostalgic-ly 'New Mutant-y' to me.

If there was better writing, I could take it. At the moment, the art and the writing just make two flavors I'm not digging in the same dish, so I'm less willing to cut it some slack.

This looks good.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Mighty Member

Ayala is doing a good job on the book, they've certainly helped to keep it fresh and interesting.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Ayala is doing a good job on the book, they've certainly helped to keep it fresh and interesting.
    Like the fact that she flat-out said no to patently absurd stuff like Karma's Leg.

Quote Originally Posted by rcaguy View Post
    Like the fact that she flat-out said no to patently absurd stuff like Karma's Leg.
    That in particular set me off…

Great writing and they consistently have the best covers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy! View Post
    Great writing and they consistently have the best covers.
    Since Vita took over i would say this is my second most consistent book, hellions would be one sword would be three what puts this at two is vita is number one for me with characterizations. This and Cota i just feel for the characters they create.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    That in particular set me off…
    Y'all still talking about this leg... I thought after Calisto and Cable came back with scars and a robotic arm we could all just collectively suspend our belief and move on.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Then she should have given Karma's leg back. It makes no sense to have an artificial leg when she can have the original leg back.

The original leg was destroyed in a battle that is not even worth mentioning.
    Last edited by ericng; 10-04-2021 at 09:18 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Y'all still talking about this leg... I thought after Calisto and Cable came back with scars and a robotic arm we could all just collectively suspend our belief and move on.
    Cable and Calisto were originally introduced with scars to the Marvel universe.

Karma was introduced with her whole leg for many decades during Chris's run and even after his run. We would like to remember her that way.

Ultimate Member

Cable and Calisto were originally introduced with scars to the Marvel universe.

Karma was introduced with her whole leg for many decades during Chris's run and even after his run. We would like to remember her that way.
    IIRC, Callisto already had her scars erased once, by Masque, *as a punishment.* She hated it, and was happy to get them back. They have a lot of meaning to her. So that's not even a comparison. (Karma, OTOH, has claimed to hate her metal leg, before. It's not some cool story she brags about.)

As for Cable, come back without the techno-organic virus ravaging my body, *and* therefore be a much more powerful psychic since I'm not using most of power constantly to fight off the disease? Yes, please! I promise to wear a metal sleeve that looks like my old bionic arm, and a glowing contact lens, to please the marketing schmucks.

His choice even *more* weird than Karma's because her metal leg isn't crippling her psychic powers *and* doesn't threaten the entire world the way an out of control techno-organic infection does.