Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Feats

Default Favorite Feats

Let's have some fun. Everyone chime in and share your favorite feats of your favorite mutants. I'll be starting off with Hickman era feats. These should come as no surprise... 😂

A micro telekinetic feat: Jean atomizing a group of telefloronics, reducing them to nothing. From X-Force #6:

A macro telekinetic feat: Jean hurling a skyscraper-sized space station at escape velocity (11,250+ mph) outside of Mars' orbit. From Planet Size X-Men #1:

A macro telepathic feat: Jean not only establishing a psi-link between all of the mutants on earth (i.e., several million mutants) but also mutants from the SWORD Station near Mars, which, on average, is approximately 140 million miles from Earth.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Gambit charging and blowing up a Helicarrier in X-Men Red was pretty great:

Make Good Art

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    Gambit charging and blowing up a Helicarrier in X-Men Red was pretty great:
    That is a great feat. Do you know what the largest object Gambit has charged is?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    That is a great feat. Do you know what the largest object Gambit has charged is?
    I dunno about the largest, but one of my favorites is when he charged Rockslide during Fear Itself, and Rockslide thought it was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I dunno about the largest, but one of my favorites is when he charged Rockslide during Fear Itself, and Rockslide thought it was awesome.
    I have to see that! Share it, if you can 🙏🏼

Ororo unleashes the fury of the sky on a blackbird on the other side of the planet

Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

'Ro is so delicious.

Astonishing Member Sandmans_Raven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This might be the largest. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Ha! That was indeed awesome

Make Good Art

Polaris lifting hundreds, if not thousands, of me up in the air.

Polaris manipulating the iron in Havok's bloodstream, causing him to pass out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandmans_Raven View Post
    This might be the largest. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head.

Ha! That was indeed awesome
    Thanks for sharing the panels!

Also, chiiile, this has to be one of his legendary feats:

This very recent Sunfire’s feat was amazing. And he was holding himself back.

Stepford Cuckoos underrated psi’s.

Emma Frost claiming the Three-In-One Stepford Cuckoos were capable of blocking Charles Xavier, something Charles did not refute.

The Three-In-One Stepford Cuckoos producing an illusion that fooled Omega Level Telepath Quentin Quire into thinking he was woo-ing Jean Grey.

Finally, it being revealed the Five-In-One Cuckoos inserted telepathic blocks the X-Men to not question the existence of the Cuckoos and their origins, including Emma Frost, New X-Men Jean (most likely before her Phoenix tapping started), and Charles Xavier (it doesn’t mention Charles, but one would figure the one other premiere telepath was capable of noticing this and undoing this). Truly underrated psi’s, only topped by the top psi’s like Jean or Charles because of experience (and power for Jean). This happened when the Cuckoos were absolute novices. Imagine them now!

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Ororo unleashes the fury of the sky on a blackbird on the other side of the planet

This is one of those that's arguable as evidence that yes, actually, Ororo DOES use magic, but it's a primordial elemental form.

In terms of cool power uses... Scanner sucker punching Xavier's astral form is still a big favorite of mine.

Extraordinary Member

Teleportation:
    magik opens big portal.jpg

magik opens big portal 2.jpg

As for sorcery, what can compare to creating one of the most powerful and sought after mystical weapons in the entire Marvel universe at the age of 13?

creating the soul sword.jpg

I'll start with something understated, this scene from Uncanny X-Men First Class which canonically takes place in the original late 70s era when Jean first becomes Phoenix

Jean is just recovering from an attack to see the Shield helicarrier plummeting to the ground, and nearly 1,000 minds on board screaming for their lives inside her head. Anyway, what I like is that despite her power, she doesn't come up with a brute force solution, she recalls a Danger Room scenario. In fact, it wasn't even her own lesson, but one for Iceman. She employs the same technique and saves all those aboard.

I like the connection between Danger Room training and real world action, as well as paying attention to the abilities and applications of your teammates improves your own level of preparedness.