Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Wig Over The Hoodie Style IamnotJudasTraveller's Avatar

Default The King Dread Chronicles (Kindred Saga Parody)

I've been meaning to do something like this for a long while now, and I had a little bit of downtime to put this together. I actually want to poke fun at the stuff that couldn't wrap up well enough unfortunately, but figured to just start simple. Hope people find it funny, and it's all meant in good fun.

We find out that Kindred's super villain career was off to a rocky start even with all the omens and nightmares:

Quote Originally Posted by IamnotJudasTraveller View Post
    I've been meaning to do something like this for a long while now, and I had a little bit of downtime to put this together. I actually want to poke fun at the stuff that couldn't wrap up well enough unfortunately, but figured to just start simple. Hope people find it funny, and it's all meant in good fun.

We find out that Kindred's super villain career was off to a rocky start even with all the omens and nightmares:

I needed this, especially after #74
    Great Job!

Fact that the username Kindred is using is "Gotchaman666" made me chuckle .

This looks fun, want to see more.

Fantastic Member

the modern day hobgoblin saga.
    an interesting premise with massive potential, ultimately squandered by editotial misfires.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewHLMW View Post
    the modern day hobgoblin saga.
    an interesting premise with massive potential, ultimately squandered by editotial misfires.
    Although the Hobgoblin still turned out way better than Kindred.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    I needed this, especially after #74
    Great Job!
    Thanks! Glad you liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Borrowing for more comic PR lingo, because you demanded it... in King Dread Chronicles #2, Spider-Man finds out Kindred is an ally.
    Just not of the specific kind he might have been thinking.

Extraordinary Member

OK..that right there...that did it...

KindredTotem.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    OK..that right there...that did it...

KindredTotem.jpg
    Yeah, that part made me laugh the hardest.

Also this **** made me realize how Ottley's Kindred looks, confused or annoyed when he's not smiling or angry, which makes it funnier whenever that panel shows up at the **** Spidey says lol.

I was also confused for a at first when the purple and green speech bubbles showed up since I couldn't tell which one was Harry or Sarah, so congrats, you managed to get the spirit of how confusing that nonsense with Kindred was, hopefully intentionally .

Also this **** made me realize how Ottley's Kindred looks, confused or annoyed when he's not smiling or angry, which makes it funnier whenever that panel shows up at the **** Spidey says lol.
    I've been meaning to do anything with a parody of this arc for a while and from the first time I saw Ottley's Kindred this is what I got from it:

But it was a variant saying something like "they heard the worst joke of their lives" or something. That's how he seemed to me every time he wasn't angry, lol.

And yeah, it was intentional. I mean, gotta pay your respects where it's due and all!

I've been meaning to do anything with a parody of this arc for a while and from the first time I saw Ottley's Kindred this is what I got from it:

But it was a variant saying something like "they heard the worst joke of their lives" or something. That's how he seemed to me every time he wasn't angry, lol.
    Yeah, now going back to earlier issues will make it harder to take Kindred seriously whenever I see those faces, and ASM#73 and #74 already did that with those, annoyingly convoluted reveals.

And yeah, it was intentional. I mean, gotta pay your respects where it's due and all!
    You paid so much respect, King Dread even changed the color of his coat all of a sudden, like it happened a few times in ASM .

I guess he can use this to keep Spidey guessing, if Spidey ever says he's Sarah, and King Dread is purple, he can change to the brown coat and say "wrong again" .

BANNED

As he would say you are a slimy bastard Iamnotjudastraveller. You captured the sleaziness of the character. lol

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Excellent work, keep them coming!

YUbCrR6.jpg

This needs to be a thing on this board. Lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Thanks for the kind words!

But now The King Dread Chronicles is back, showing you the true meaning of a Monkey's Paw and veering into horror territory... thanks to a special guest's masterplan on how to handle the Kindred Saga aftermath.

Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.

Thanks for the kind words!

But now The King Dread Chronicles is back, showing you the true meaning of a Monkey's Paw and veering into horror territory... thanks to a special guest's masterplan on how to handle the Kindred Saga aftermath.

"So you never know which issue you got until you unpacked it!"

If comic books ever become lootboxes, I know who to blame.

"three milestones later"

Man, this is like classic Simpsons type of humor, where a quick joke is thrown in, and if you don't notice or don't get it, it's not a problem, but if you do understand, it gets a chuckle, at least from me LOL.

Now one of those better explain how King Dread was replaced by Queen Dread when being tortured in ASM#64 .

Now one of those better explain how King Dread was replaced by Queen Dread when being tortured in ASM#64 .
    Yanno, I might just do something with that for next time.

Keep reading, true believers!
    Discovering/CONFESSING! the nature of evil... one retcon at a time.