All-New Member

Default The Ultimate Nullifier vs the Infinity Gauntlet

I was always curious on this.

Could the Nullifier take out an Infinity Gauntlet user?

Scenario 1. The Gauntlet wearer is not aware of the incoming attack. Like when Thanos gave the heroes a chance.

Scenario 2. The Gauntlet wearer is ready to take the attack.

When it came up in comics the Magus responded by just deleting the person trying to fire it. The implication is that if it was successfully fired he would have been erased.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Well, if the Quasar arc involving it hasn't been retconned, the Ultimate Nullifier dumps its targets into the Realm of Oblivion, which is the masculine aspect of Lady Death, and still let's you use the Quantum Bands (which are powered by Infinity, the feminine aspect of Eternity) after being nullified. Considering that the Infinity Gauntlet is above both Eternity/Infinity and Death/Oblivion, even if they are Nullified they should be able to swat the Ultimate Nullifier's user like it tweren't no thang.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Siriel View Post
    When it came up in comics the Magus responded by just deleting the person trying to fire it. The implication is that if it was successfully fired he would have been erased.
    Redirected the Nullifier's Blast back upon it's user, more specifically. I get the feeling that, even caught at unawares, unless the Nullifier's blast is instant and at point blank range, there's a chance the Gauntlet Bearer will still sense the energy surge and neutralize it before it hits.

I'm not sure the level of esoteric defenses the typical Gauntlet wearer has, if they can no-sell the shot without deliberately shielding from it, but given Thanos wielding it was shrugging off combined blasts from multiple cosmics (attacks which you could interpret as having more esoteric, reality-bending/higher dimensional properties than can be properly demonstrated in a comic), I could buy the Guantlet no-sell one shot from the Nullifier.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Well, if the Quasar arc involving it hasn't been retconned, the Ultimate Nullifier dumps its targets into the Realm of Oblivion, which is the masculine aspect of Lady Death, and still let's you use the Quantum Bands (which are powered by Infinity, the feminine aspect of Eternity) after being nullified. Considering that the Infinity Gauntlet is above both Eternity/Infinity and Death/Oblivion, even if they are Nullified they should be able to swat the Ultimate Nullifier's user like it tweren't no thang.
    I suppose in that case, even if the Nullifier does manage to bounce the Gauntlet Bearer into Oblivion, they can just teleport back to main space like it's nothin'.